Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-04-2018, 03:41 PM
Master
Spiritual places in London?

I am looking online for spiritual shops/places in London, but I can't really find anything, I was wondering if anyone here has knowledge of cool spiritual places to go in London?

Look forward to your responses :)
Old 03-04-2018, 09:09 PM
Master

My favourite spiritual/esoteric bookshop plus other stuff - Watkins at Cecil Court off Charing Cross Road, very near Leicester Square tube. Lots to browse through on the ground floor and downstairs as well, including lots of secondhand books at good prices.

And in Covent Garden - Mysteries. The shop has changed over the years and I see that they have just moved to 34 Shorts Gardens, so I don't know what kind of stock they currently have. They used to have a notice board with information on spiritual events etc.

And on Neal Street also in Covent Garden there is the Astrology Shop, down the end of Neal Street furthest away from Covent Garden tube, near Shaftesbury Avenue, next to an Indian restaurant.

And the Atlantis bookshop in Museum Street, next to the British Museum. Strong focus on all aspects of the occult with lots of books you may not find elsewhere but at a price. Still worth browsing.

And for those interested there is also the Theosophical library and bookshop at 50 Gloucester Place (from memory the nearest tube is Baker Street) and the Lucis Trust library and bookshop at Whitehall Court (nearest tube is Embankment).

And if you need a break from it all then there is a place just off Neal Street where you can quietly meditate - I think it is called InnerSpace.

Aaah, thinking of it all makes me miss London but it is 12,000 miles away.

Have fun.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:30 PM
Master
The seats of insurrection and democracy in the making...truly, and without jest...the cellar floors of many old pubs are immensely spiritual, IMO.

Check out the Cheshire Cheese, the Flask, the Old Mitre...and so forth...
Anything that is buried in the heart of the City, the East End or on the water AND has a cellar pub area...generally a good bet.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...ultimate-tour/

https://www.esquire.com/uk/food-drin...otorious-pubs/

https://www.timeout.com/london/bars-...-historic-pubs

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 04-04-2018, 04:07 PM
Master
ah excellent thank you very much!

I just found the Mysteries and Astrology shop today, I have a route all worked out now yayy. Thank you for your tips I really appreciate them!

As for pubs, Im not much of a drinker, but the idea of the cellar floors being spiritual is interesting. Thanks again!
Old 04-04-2018, 04:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrose92
I am looking online for spiritual shops/places in London, but I can't really find anything, I was wondering if anyone here has knowledge of cool spiritual places to go in London?

Look forward to your responses :)

Ladyrose92,

I highly recommend visiting the ruins of St. Dunstans in the East.......close to
the Tower of London. It is a place to meditate and find peace in the midst of the chaos of London.....a surprising treat.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:52 PM
Master

Just to clarify one thing if you decide to visit Watkins. Cecil Court is a pedestrian walkway, not a road. At Leicester Square tube take the exit for Charing Cross Road (South) and walk down towards Trafalgar Square. The first pedestrian walkway on the left is St Martins Court, the second is Cecil Court.

And if you are in Covent Garden and want somewhere to eat then it might be worth checking out Neals Yard, near Neal Street, a small alley between Shorts Gardens and Monmouth Street. It's easy to miss if you don't know it is there. It used to be all wholefood veggie places but you could try the Wild Food Cafe. Also Neals Yard Remedies is good for all sorts of natural products.

Bon appetit.
Old 06-04-2018, 07:13 AM
Master

I grew up just near Highgate Cemetery in north London. This is a wonderful place to walk through in the presence of many famous people. Karl Marx is buried there as is Michael Faraday, George Eliot, Jean Simmons and a host of others who you will know of. Just Google. Afterwards you can walk across Hampstead Heath a landscape full of history.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I grew up just near Highgate Cemetery in north London. This is a wonderful place to walk through in the presence of many famous people. Karl Marx is buried there as is Michael Faraday, George Eliot, Jean Simmons and a host of others who you will know of. Just Google. Afterwards you can walk across Hampstead Heath a landscape full of history.

Wow great catch...I meant to mention this as well.
For me, the graveyard and many of the watering holes have much the same energy.

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 09-04-2018, 07:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrose92
ah excellent thank you very much!

I just found the Mysteries and Astrology shop today, I have a route all worked out now yayy. Thank you for your tips I really appreciate them!

As for pubs, Im not much of a drinker, but the idea of the cellar floors being spiritual is interesting. Thanks again!

Me neither...go for coffee or tea and a bite...and definitely go before the after-dinner crowd.
Go late afternoon for tea and a bit of chat with the barkeep or the manager after the rush...
all those who work at the historic pubs will have plenty of lore to share but not during peak service

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 10-04-2018, 12:18 AM
Master
London's Tower of Terror seems like a spiritual place. I hear its haunted.