Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Pathfinder
Fish A very personal decision I would like to share

Hello everyone I'd like to share with you a very personal decision I chose to make two days ago. I based this decision on years of experience which have allowed me to attain a state of absolute belief that the physical death of our human forms is not a finality. I also have based this decision on the idea that our perception of death is the only thing that separates us from the rest of the spiritual realities as we are "spiritual beings experiencing a human existence "(I can't remember right off hand who said that ).There is also a bit of residual fear of losing those I love involved as we've all become so accustomed to and comforted by their physical presence in our lives. Some would no doubt try to say that this decision is a desperate attempt at absolute denial but I choose to see it as an empowering way to channel any fear into a change of perception and belief that could potentially alter my own personal reality in dramatic ways if our beliefs truly shape our realities as I believe they do. So this decision is going to be kind of like a lifelong experiment because I am no quitter!
A little background history goes along with this :I recently found out that I may have a potentially life threatening genetic disorder for which I am undergoing testing tomorrow and from which my biological mother may have died and which my children may have inherited. I refuse to give my power to fear. I would much rather choose to give it to life and love.
So my very personal decision is to STOP BELIEVING IN DEATH.
I will cease to believe in the finality, the separation and the loss and I will see those who have passed before to have been released and transformed,which is that not something to celebrate instead of mourning?
I don't know where this will take me but I'm excited to find out when the time comes, and who knows maybe it'll only happen when I choose to ascend as it is said to have happened for many ancient and current masters, which we are all but have simply forgotten our identities along the way.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Thank you for sharing, Spiritalker... : )

"A man's spiritual comprehension being clouded by the illusions of self, he says, "I was born on such a day, so many years ago, and shall die at my allotted time." But he was not born, neither will he die, for how can that which is immortal, which eternally is, be subject to birth and death? Let a man throw off his illusions, and then he will see that birth and death of the body are the mere incidents of a journey, and not its beginning and end." ~ James Allen
Old 07-07-2015, 02:51 AM
warmsoul

I think that's beautiful spirittalker..go with what feels right for you..and yes, I think it's simply been forgotten along the way..like you said...good point..
Old 07-07-2015, 08:39 AM
Pathfinder
Thank you very much for that support! ! much love!
Old 07-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Pathfinder
learn to Shamanic Journey.. in a Foundation for Shamanic Studies training on Death and Dying I journeyed to the land of the dead and met my mother, my friends and all my dogs.. all happy and "EVERYTHING" was filled with love and ecstatic energy. my mother was there, we had long conversations about this subject.. she was in her 96 year old form, I asked if she was happy, she didn't say anything she just flashed to her 20 year old form and smiled.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:53 AM
yumi14

Stop believing in death....

I love it! ��
Old 13-07-2015, 06:30 PM
jamiemw

Wow, I'm supposed to say sorry & I really actually am if this is true. There is a "beyond" bc how can so many people see, or acknowledge that which is unknown. I personally know there is an afterwards or call it "afterlife." If your presented with a terminal illness, as long as you believe in the after..., in my eyes your going to continue to exist. Exit how? That I do not know. I believe in many forms of existence. That everyone will find out at the end. God forbid the worst case scenerio, but not just for yourself- and maybe i'm wrong- but be honest with your children. They will find out the truth eventually and if it's not through you then they may never trust again. I'm so sorry for what you feel rt now and I cannot imagine it especially if I refuse to. Easy as said; hope & faith, not in biblical terminology in my eyes- but what you feel and believe is what will remain of you (God forbid).
Old 13-07-2015, 06:36 PM
jamiemw

Everyone must acknowledge death, it's only human nature. If you know what is coming diagnostically- you won't accept it (who would)! But think that your going to a safer place than earth. That belief comes from others whom are alive but have seen a part of it. In my eyes, you need to believe in that. Death is unfortunate, but it may at the end make us. Make us, where we never saw or imagined before. Try to live the best you can, tell your children the truth now bc they will eventually experience death through others. They need to know since they are the closest being to you. You make them and unfortunately you must teach them the path of life. In the long run you will tear them apart but after, they will be prepared and stronger willed for what is ahead. Do not fake anything.
Old 13-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Pathfinder
misunderstanding

Hi there! I figured that this would be misunderstood; so I repeat :I will not believe in the finality of death or the separation of life and spirit. Of course I believe in the Afterlife but as a continuation not an ending. I choose to believe that life is eternal because the spirit is eternal and that there really is no separation other than perceived separation between our human selves and our spirit selves meaning that I believe that I and everyone else is both here and there already if we choose to perceive it that way which means that we are already here and will never leave because we are already spirit. Believing in death means believing in finality and separation of self from spirit. If one really believes in the "afterlife "then in essence they are denying the belief in death because they are denying the finality.
Old 13-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Pathfinder
This is what I choose to teach my children because then when my physical body ceases to hold my spirit they will know that I am still present and always will be.