Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 20-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Experiencer
When is past life regression detrimental, and when is it helpful?

I've read lots about the supposed 'harm' of past life regression - that remembering past lives can recall negative habits, thought patterns, etc. etc. that would do no good to this current life.

But what if you can't succeed in this life without knowing who you were? Or where you come from? Or what you chose to do, or what your destiny was? If you can't know who you are until you find out who you were, is past life regression really that unfavorable?

Thank you in advance!
Old 20-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur-de-Frost
If you can't know who you are until you find out who you were

And who is to say that the person that said the above, knows this is a for sure? Who says you can't know who you are, even without knowing who you were ?

Just look at all the people who never even heard of this past life regression idea. I am sure there are many who have no problems knowing who they are without it and doing perfectly well in life

I am not saying past life regression is detrimental, it can be helpful on a certain level, but it seems to be more like missing pieces of a puzzle than a clear picture..... most of the time

just my thoughts

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 20-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Master

I guess you could chose to pick up habits from past lives . I dont think that knowing what you did in a past life would make you do them again . If you cant succeed in life , it might be from some thing in a past life that needs to be delt with . I see no harm in regressing to past lives . It is best when doing a regression to have some one there with you that knows what you are doing , in case you do reach painful lives .
Old 21-03-2014, 02:15 AM
SpacePilot

-I you're going to pick up a bad habit from a past life, you won't need to go through a past life regression. And there are not only bad habits that can come from past lives, good ones follow us too.

-Whatever information you need from your past life to move one will present itself in your current life in some form. Karmic evolution will not let you behind; it will repeat itself until you have evolved past any issue.

-You are still the same you that you were in a past life, perhaps with slightly different habits and a different education, but you are YOU, now what you were.

As far as I know, the worst that can happen from PLR is to remember terrible events.

To answer the title of the thread, I'd say PLR is detrimental if you use it as a way to escape your current life or start believing you can use it to solve your current issues. It's no worse than watching TV all the time or being a convention addict in my book, but those are still problems that need to be faced.