Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 10-11-2018, 11:23 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
I once met another me who is in existance right now.. its a past life of mine but she and me both met in our now moment at exactly the same time and experienced each others time at the same time as our own.

Note cause its all existing right now, nothing is ever lost. Your human brain may not be accessing it but its not lost.

Hi Sea Dove,

From my understanding, I think what you're talking about here is what is sometimes known as "Simultaneous Incarnation", which isn't something that a lot of people believe in, in the world of reincarnation beliefs, but I have my own personal proof of it, as I have also briefly met another "Me", in March 2014.

I'm male in this life (incarnation), and I'm currently 59 years young, yet I met a young girl in 2014 who claimed to be "Me" in my next life. She told me many things that only I know, as proof, and I soon believed what she was saying.

I don't know the year of my leaving this world in this body (I didn't want to know when or how, so I didn't ask), but my next self was (will be (?)) born in September 2012.

From what she says, time is an illusion, and we can choose to reincarnate at any time, either before, after, or even during our previous life.

Since then, we've only spoken rarely, and never about the (my) future, as we're worried about altering time (?) possibly. I can see how it possibly could!
Old 08-12-2018, 10:58 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabryel
... but my next self was (will be (?)) born in September 2012.
Just noticed a Typo. I meant "born in September 2002"
Old 08-12-2018, 11:19 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
I have one concern that I have sometimes thought. When we reincarnate in theory we "forget" many things, including the past lives.

So, let's say than one in one life is aware of their spiritual nature. But if this soul reincarnates again, and loose the previous records, this means that this soul could "go backwards" and has to learn this again?

From my research over the past few years, and after speaking to another one of my selves (reincarnated within my current time frame - 2002), I've think we don't actually go 'backwards' in our development. We may forget the specific details of a lesson, but the knowledge we've gained and the development we've achieved, is like a foundation to build upon in our next life.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:50 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabryel
From my research over the past few years, and after speaking to another one of my selves (reincarnated within my current time frame - 2002), I've think we don't actually go 'backwards' in our development. We may forget the specific details of a lesson, but the knowledge we've gained and the development we've achieved, is like a foundation to build upon in our next life.
Your meeting with your own future selves is fascinating! Kind of mind-bending to contemplate, but we could all stand to get bent on occasion .

While reading this thread, I got a sudden, strong mental image of the algebra class I took a few years ago, as part of getting a vocational AS degree.

Now, if I recall correctly, I took two years of algebra in high school, and while I struggled with it, I still got decent enough grades. But as soon as I graduated from high school and quit taking any math at all, I forgot every last bit of it (and the geometry I took, too).

I guess you could say I entered my new, adult life, but despite having learned algebra in my previous life as a child, I had no memory of it. But I never needed it in order to live that particular life. I worked retail, I did office work, and before my life got turned upside down I was the office manager and bookkeeper for a fuel-oil company. (I'm pretty sure that if that "lifetime" had a purpose, it was not to die of boredom.)

Well, fast-forward to taking that algebra class as an adult, 20 years later, at the start of yet another new "lifetime" as an adult student at a community college, preparing for a new career. I had forgotten algebra so completely, I bombed out on the placement test and had to take the remedial (high school level) class first, before I could take the required college-level one. Once I was in the class, actually solving problems, however, it was easy. Suddenly, it all seemed really familiar. It wasn't so much remembering algebra (or any details of my high school algebra classes), as a sense of, "Oh yeah, I've done all this before, in another life" which left me feeling confident I could do it again. I ended up sailing through both the remedial and required class.

Six or seven years later, I've forgotten virtually all of that algebra again, because I don't use more than a tiny bit of it and don't need to remember more than the basics. However, if I was to enter a new "lifetime" where I did need to know more, I know I could pick it back up, probably without even taking a class, because it's still in there, still part of me, but dormant not activated.

And that's a mundane example of how I understand the soul works, as far as learning across lifetimes goes. It learns something through its experiences in a body, and the learning is permanent, but it's not always immediately or easily accessible in other lifetimes. Part of that is because of the larger forgetting of one's true nature that happens in each lifetime; there's always the challenge of the avatar-self to remember who they are within the context of the game-life. Plus, the lifetime may be intentionally designed to make it harder to remember a lesson already learned, adding to the level of challenge (because games that aren't challenging are no fun).

Then there's the possibility that something already learned just isn't all that relevant to the lifetime at hand, so the avatar-self is never challenged to remember it, which either makes it very difficult to do so, or it's only remembered during a very traumatic, life-or-death moment, when you're so sure you're about to leave physical existence entirely that the barriers to remembering get thin.

But that's my understanding ofi t.
Old 13-12-2018, 04:30 PM
Seeker
Yes. That's a very good example. That's how I see it working, too.
Old 13-12-2018, 05:30 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
Many believe in what is known as the akashc records . A kind of libary . That does not get wiped out or changed . Many people do remember a past life until about the age of 5 . Its hard to life a current life you still remember a past one .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_records

Scroll down to akashic records
http://www.aznewage.com/dictionary%20A%20new.html

A similar idea to the akashic records is the concept of the block universe in physics, or eternalism in philosophy. In all three, past, present, and future are seen to be equally real, just existing, as opposed to unfolding from an existing past, through the present, and onto a future that does not yet exist. We may "read a story" from the akashic records and become the main character for a time, but that egoic based character is not the eternal conscientiousness that reads the story ( I suppose it is a limited form/part of it). Everything that has happened, is happening, will happen, could happen or could have happened to you is already "written" into the records . Free will is in how you read the book, the path you select. When it is over, the soul gains from the experience, even though it realizes, the you it adopted for that life experience was just one of an infinity of possible characters each with an infinity of possible story lines (google the 10 dimensions of super string theory). Anyway, what is experienced (that includes thoughts) is not lost as it has always and will always be.

Now, why the soul is reading these records, having these experiences, what sort of "time?" it is moving through, what in that "time?" it is hoping to evolve into, is a whole other question. But if Godel is right, and I suspect he is, the answers just might be beyond the capacity of my limited human mind to comprehend. I guess I will have to wait until I am out of my mind to find out.