Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 12-05-2011, 07:12 PM
...Pandora...

Question Are you, am I...Following the right path?!

do you ever get the feeling your wrong? Like the path you've chosen religiously? It's been a long time since I had that feeling, but here it is again. How can we be so sure have such blind faith? I mean I know people may say "You just known, in your heart and soul" I know, I get that. But scenario >> Christian all my life I die, then reborn into someone worse for worshiping the wrong God. I mean I am punished cause after being sold every possible way to be taught what life is I finally settle on one with conviction. So what if were wrong? Why cant there be one religion so that we can follow in peace without such questions? Free will? Really?
Old 12-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Prokopton

That's why I don't follow a path that requires faith; rather one that delivers strong experience.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokopton
That's why I don't follow a path that requires faith; rather one that delivers strong experience.
same here~!
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 12-05-2011, 07:27 PM
...Pandora...

So if you say a God gets mad at you for not worshiping him and instead just having these experiences? Then what? :(
Old 12-05-2011, 07:32 PM
konrard

I believe we are all on the right path, and we will all arrive at the same destination, no matter what

all rivers must return to the sea

do not worry about 'worshipping' god
by letting go of doubt and believing in your own strength, you are doing all that needs be done
Old 12-05-2011, 07:37 PM
northstar

'none shall be forsaken'... he wasnt just talking about christians... dont let the religion blind you from the message... just follow the ten simple rules and do unto others if you choose... and you'r good

and enjoy the creations...
Old 12-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Pandora...
So if you say a God gets mad at you for not worshiping him and instead just having these experiences? Then what? :(
the 'god" spoken of isnt God at all, simple as that...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 12-05-2011, 07:44 PM
...Pandora...

Quote:
I believe we are all on the right path, and we will all arrive at the same destination, no matter what

all rivers must return to the sea

do not worry about 'worshipping' god
by letting go of doubt and believing in your own strength, you are doing all that needs be done
Yea I kinda went by that for a while... but Im starting to doubt it... in fear... lol of "what ifs"
I'd like to think and believe this ... but I don't want to be wrong.

Quote:
'none shall be forsaken'... he wasnt just talking about christians... dont let the religion blind you from the message... just follow the ten simple rules and do unto others if you choose... and you'r good

and enjoy the creations...
I see... yet don't that's just one saying off a million and most go agiant that... like I said they debate against each other making you wonder which is right and which isn't so we just have to decided even if were wrong.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:49 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Pandora...
do you ever get the feeling your wrong? Like the path you've chosen religiously? It's been a long time since I had that feeling, but here it is again. How can we be so sure have such blind faith? I mean I know people may say "You just known, in your heart and soul" I know, I get that. But scenario >> Christian all my life I die, then reborn into someone worse for worshiping the wrong God. I mean I am punished cause after being sold every possible way to be taught what life is I finally settle on one with conviction. So what if were wrong? Why cant there be one religion so that we can follow in peace without such questions? Free will? Really?

Pandora,
I don't know if this will help but maybe try to think of religion this way. Most religions are just theories and ideas about what man thinks God is. They are written from the personal experiences of 'man', to try to explain what it is they encountered. Experiencing God and Spirit happens all over the world in different cultures and places. That is why there are so many different gods.
God/Spirit speaks to each individual in ways that they will understand and as we progress on our journey our understanding of Spirit expands. Take time to connect to the Divine spirit and how you choose to express your belief or faith is up to you. There is no right of wrong, same God, just different names, different systems. The Divine is in everything, therefore divine expression is everywhere...

nightowl
Old 12-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Master
you need to start to listen to yourself and trust in yourself. Whatever part of religion or spirituality sits right with you is your truth.

I know what you are saying; you read the posts and debates and they make you wonder because they all make sense. But really, it's easier than that.

The God that I know isn't some big guy in the sky looking down trying to find the "bad" worshippers among us. He's a loving God; He is my inner being and I believe and trust in that.

zipzip