Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 02:55 PM
~Jay~

Etheric chord connections between people

Hi all,

I want to learn more about the energy cords which develop between us and other people in the etheric when we meet them, which form a connection with them. Apparently, when we are involved in a close relationship with someone, these cords are very strong and become quite large....and in intimate relationships they become the size of huge cables!

I understand from what I've read that once a relationship is over with a particular person, or you are being negatively affected by someone, that you can perform a chord cutting exercise which helps free you from them. I have done this myself in the past, with a certain degree of success - although sometimes it doesn't seem to work for very long for me!

The signs that these chords have reformed are constantly thinking about a person to the point where it drives you crazy at times! These thoughts could be positive or negative, I suppose, depending on the situation & people involved.

Has anyone else got any further information about these energy connections, how exactly they are formed, what they look like to you, and what to do if a person is affecting you to a large degree?
Old 04-03-2007, 03:43 PM
~Jay~

http://www.themystica.com/mystica/ar...ral_cords.html

Found this article which gave some useful info.

Here's another link with some very interesting info....

http://chiflow.tribe.net/thread/b698...8-4ac69db25802 Especially this bit:

According to Barbara Brennan, the best selling author of Hands of Light, there are five types of cords: soul cords, past life experience cords, genetic cords (connection to birth parents), parental relationship cords, and relationship cords. Since they are formed on the fourth aura layer and higher, these cords remain intact "before and beyond three dimensional physical space." In other words, once they are made, these cord connections never dissolve, although it is possible that they get damaged, tangled or "dirty."
Old 04-03-2007, 04:40 PM
kundalini

Hi Jaycee,

Glad to see you posting again and I think I know why the interest in etheric cords all of a sudden...All I will say Jaycee, is that any healing work focussed on the Heart Chakra will be of great benefit to you as it is a chakra of 'change' and also work on the 'Feet' Chakra and the Crown Chakra as the stimulation of the feet chakra will ensure you are in the 'right place at the right time' and also gets rid of 'emotional garbage' easier and the Crown Chakra is connected to your soul purpose. I would recommend work on those chakras in particular as an addition to your etheric cord-cutting exercises.

I hope this helps, K.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:59 PM
~Jay~

Hi K & thanks for the info. I certainly do feel the need to work on my heart chakra at the moment, and will put your suggestions into practise asap!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Whisperer

Hi Jaycee,

Yes, people can form attachments from afar and have an affect on us. Theres lots of different techniques you can use to cleanse yourself of them like asking Archangel Michael to remove negative ties, working with crystals such as fire agate, removing the attachments during a meditation (being careful to plug in the holes that are left!!!) or you can ask someone to do it for you. If you close your eyes and think to yourself "how do I get rid of these attachments" then what answer do you get? Cleansing is a very personal thing!

As for them restoring, if the person who sent them out in the first place doesn't feel any better then they will constantly sending out the attachment thoughts, subconsciously or consciously. Its good after removing and repairing if you set up mirrors or suchlike on your aura to stop them reattaching.

As for how do they form? Well this is how I see it:
Couples are constantly swapping their energy backwards and forewards and it sets up a mini stream between them with lots of little branches. When we are with someone for a long time and they leave us with a 'hole' in our soul its normally because that energy exchange stops and your energy doesn't know what to do because it doesn't have that other body to exchange with. The influx of each others energy isn't there anymore and the soul misses the process. Thats why its important to have healing or work on the self to get the personal levels back up rather than to cast attachments back to the ex to try and regain that energy. Thats just my personal view on it though.

Wishing you lots of love
Whisp
xx
Old 05-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Guide

There are cords that connect us as it is explained in Barbara Brennan's books. I can see them. You may have read that I have stated that all things exist within one's energy field. The chakra cords are an example of the form that relationships take in the human energy field. I would not call them "etheric" however. Rather, they are generally made up of the plasma like energy that exists on the fourth layer of our field and above.

There is truly an energetic umbilicous that connects us to our mother, and cords develop between all people in relationships of any kind. The reason they exist is simply because we are all connected. The people to which we involve in our lives on the lower planes and the relationships with them cause this connection to then also be visible on the corresponding energetic levels above the physical. In reality, of course, it exists in the higher planes first and our relationships down here only seem spontanious. This is one reason we spend many lifetimes with the same souls.

Relationship cords can be broken or severed while soul cords cannot. I am only able to see relationship cords and have seen them severed before in my clients. The reason this is possible is because fourth level energy, which exists in the astral plane, is the bridge between the soul planes and dual worlds and is not completely beyond space and time.

Chadley.
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 10-03-2007, 03:58 AM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisperer
Theres lots of different techniques you can use to cleanse yourself of them like asking Archangel Michael to remove negative ties, working with crystals such as fire agate

Never a truer word spoken!

I'd also like to add that it's probably not a bad idea sometimes to let that person (and the cord) drift into the light when you disconnect it? Making it a bit easier for them to stop thinking about you non-productively?

Love and light to all,

AM
Old 10-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Pounamu

At the risk of repeating myself endlessly, I would say that a major thing to look at when there is trouble with "cords", is "Have I any karma which is causing this attachment to happen?" If there is karma, and it is not dealt with satisfactorily, any cutting of cords will be unlikely to have any permanent effect. To find out if there is karma, you would have to learn how to test for your truth of the matter, then follow up on determining the details of the cause and release it. Then steps that are taken to dissolve, cut, burn off or tear out the cord will be likely to be effective.

Cords do exchange and draw off life-energy, and can leave holes in the energy body if just torn out, which need to be healed. One can do this by intention, getting additional help from crystal treatments and / or intending to have a general healing by visiting the Healing Temples on the inner planes while asleep at night (or in a meditation).

Hope this info is helpful...

Pounamu
Old 10-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Guide

oh, by the way, just because I stated that it is possible for cords to be severed does not imply that I am a proponent of proactively causing them to be severed. I agree with Pounamu totally. Instead of trying to sever cords or relationships, try and heal the relationship itself. I've seen people go through such amazing efforts to try and sever cords. Problem is, if you are successful (and very few are, though many think they have done it but dont realize they really didn't do it) then you are just likely to re-create the same silly relationship and all of its karma with someone else. As a result, in the end, nothing is gained by severing the cords.

Chadley
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Closed Thread