Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 16-07-2017, 08:38 AM
Knower
i think i may be psychic? or a medium?

ever since i was a child, i think i've had an affinity to being in tune with the afterlife and death and things of "dark" nature...

my mom told me i used to see ghosts and would point at family portraits and tell people that the deceased relative in the photo was "upstairs in the room" or in a certain place in our house.

a year or so ago, i had a dream that i was surrounded by dead people, or ghosts. they told me that they were on my side, and that i was the only one that could help them.

fast forward a bit, and there have always been instances where i would be out with friends or over at someone's house, and i would get feelings . . . i'd feel "death" perse, or have the feeling of a "presence". like something nudging me to notice them.
after each instance, when i'm home, it will be revealed to me through another source that "yeah, ______'s dad just died a few days ago." or, "yeah, her dorm is on top of catacombs."
and then it'd hit me that what I was feeling was that, basically.

well today i was thinking of a person who i honestly am not close to at all.
i met him once through mutual friends, and we exchanged 3 words at a gathering, and that was it.
but for some reason today i kept thinking about him, constantly. throughout the entire day. i had no reason to because like i said, we only exchanged a few words, didn't know anything of each other, aren't even friends, and he didn't leave a huge impact on me.
but still i kept on thinking about him today, and then when i got home and logged onto facebook i found out he had gone missing for a day, and just a few hours ago had been found dead.

i always feel like spirits are trying to commincuate with me, but some part of me is blocking off full communication because truthfully i don't know if im scared or if i just don't want to be open to that sort of stuff.

i think i may be a psychic or medium but i'm not sure what i should do from here.
i don't think its my calling to be a medium and help loved ones reconnect or whatever. . but being able to help in some way does seem nice...

it makes me think, why was the mutual friend i kept thinking about on my mind the entire day? was he trying to tell me he was dead? could i have done something? told someone?
Old 16-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Master
some thoughts:
1 - it's odd that i'm seeing 6 listings for this thread. did some glitch cause
your post to get replicated several times? has some glitch caused my screen
to show me 5 'false positives'? it's odd.
2 - the idea that you are "the only one that could help them" seems inaccurate.
it's gonna put pressure on you to perform in that service if you support the
thought with 'confirmation energy'. i feel that if there's a need for something,
then a means to achieve that end will be found. there's more than one way
to fluff a pillow [i've modified the old aphorism involving cats into something
less gruesome -- this is a 'family friendly' site after all].
3 - the process of doing something is like bridging a gap between what is and
what will be. we act as bridges when we perform tasks which cause changes.
i figure that you are free to bridge whatever gaps you decide to travel across...
you have no obligation to do the things that others have decided to do.
your access to spiritual realms doesn't need to satisfy the desires of some
other people -- your joy is gonna come from satisfying your own callings.
4 - the specific instance you've related apparently occurred after the fact of your
acquaintance having passed. i don't see how you could have "done something"
preventative to change that. so it's not about what you might have done, but
rather about what you might do.
Old 16-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Knower
oh that is strange! hopefully my internet didn't cause that? I see that glitch too :'(

I agree it does seem inaccurate. It was an odd and ominous dream.
Old 16-07-2017, 09:50 AM
Knower
that truly is the most peculiar thing! my internet is working fine and i surely didn't post the same threat 6 times in a row.

How odd! I wonder what significance of "6" could be.

I also wonder if anyone knows how to delete those glitched copy threads.
Old 16-07-2017, 09:52 AM
Knower
"your joy is gonna come from satisfying your own callings."
I like this very much and I agree whole heartedly.
Old 16-07-2017, 05:05 PM
Ascender
Mediumship isn't always about helping those left behind. Sometimes the ghosts need a guide to connect them to the next realm. Maybe you can do that? Your not the only one that can help them but those with the awareness do shine like a beacon to those that missed the first option but are now ready to go. Next time someone makes contact ask them if they are ready to move on.
Old 16-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Experiencer
This stuff works differently for everyone. Not all of us go on to share it with others openly like in a professional way. We choose how we put it to good use. You can still help others more than you realize staying just outside of the spotlight. It's pretty amazing the things that happen there. I highly doubt spirit ever actually needs help in doing anything. But they surely appreciate it when you bring peace and comfort to those they left behind. Most often they send me things to show me who needs a kind word of encouragement, and sometimes it seems like random acts of kindness. But it's really not. I'm just shown what's going on behind closed doors and I choose whether or not to offer my help. Although I've yet to turn down an opportunity to be good to another human being. Spirit is good about letting you know your boundaries. Who you can share things with and who would just assume your nuts and your advice goes out the window. If you feel slight hesitation that's to tell you to explain it in a way that seems logical in a closed minded sense.
Old 17-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Knower

Dear Fox22

You can always help spirits who ask or are in need of help.
Best way is pray for them, second is send good thoughts for them indicating that you are not in position to help them directly but ask them to pray too and good spirits will help them.

It is like someone in the street ask you for some direction that you dont know, but you can indicate them to ask in the bakery, barber whatever...

For those spirits you mentioned they need spiritual assitance that only good spirits can help, but also they must be ready to receive it, sometimes they are not ready and whatever you make will not help them.

"it makes me think, why was the mutual friend i kept thinking about on my mind the entire day? " Since you are a medium you are able to sense spirits, this was the reason you felt this this mutual friend

"was he trying to tell me he was dead?" probably not, he only atracted to you due to your mediumship

"could i have done something?" Yes you can pray for him

"told someone?" I would not, maybe they will not understand the situation/mediunship/contact etc.

After these brief suggestions, comes the most important question: what you will do with your mediumship? Sorry to say but mediumship is a previous commitment you did before your reincarnation. Use for good, to help others (spirits incarnated or not)!

If you would like to study about I suggest the books from Allan Kardec. You can freely download at internet in pdf.

Good Study!