Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 03-11-2017, 01:45 PM
Newbie ;)

Exclamation Closing off

Is there a known method so that I can permanently shut off my mediumship, or do I have to take antipsychotics or antidepressants?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2017, 06:41 PM
Seeker

If I was able to have full on conversations with spirit, I would never close it off.

If you want to close it off, Melissa Leath the Medium instructs that when you feel like you are finished with this experience, pretend to close the big umbrella around you. Know that when you close it, you will be totally shut off from outside energies and spirits. You may even like to make a special word or saying to go along with that, such as: “I’m locking the door now.” Or “Shields Up.”

Thank your guides for being with you, and say to them that now you are closing your energy.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Experiencer
Not really sure why you would want to shut off gifts you've been given for a reason. I understand fully that there are pros and cons to having them. At one point I felt like I wanted to close the door on mine. I wanted to feel "normal" again. I think we all go through this phase and more than once. Being open and aware means we are exposed to the good, bad and the ugly. Once we start to exchange energy, it can either be good for us or bad. Depends on where it's coming from. First of all, you don't have to allow the exchange of your energy with another. Just because your reading it doesn't mean you have to hold on to it. Just let it flow through you. Only observe and then let go or more or less disregard it. You don't have to seek out or take in the source of the information received either. That's where you run into problems like energy drain. It's like your trying to carry on a two way conversation which creates that cord or connection. Your going to get the information regardless. Set the intention of what you want to know then sit back and wait for the answers you seek. That intention is embedded in the aura. Spirit knows what it is you want to know. Or what anyone else wants to know around you. This cuts down on negative energy alot because it's a waste of its time. It doesn't get to feed off of the exchange. Things will start to shift into a more positive way for you too and may be the closest you will come to being "normal" again.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:53 AM
Master
You are in charge - if its too much for you tell them that you don't want to have contact anymore and if you change your mind you will let them know.

Then visualize a sound proof ball around you or one way mirrors or however you would like to visualize a perimeter which stops you from sensing them.
It doesn't matter what one you use, what matters is the intensity you generate in building it and telling it what it's job is.
Everyday build it until they quit coming around, someday if you decide you do want to sense them again you can take it down and psychically holler out your ready to receive visitors again and set the rules for 'visitors" for example, "Only when I meditate or Pray, or Only on Tuesday Evenings or when I call and invite you" etc.

You are in charge - Take Charge :)
Old 12-11-2017, 11:17 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM1947
Is there a known method so that I can permanently shut off my mediumship, or do I have to take antipsychotics or antidepressants?

Thanks

Hello

Trust me very few come in as strong with it all as I did, and I so tried for years to shut down to tone it out. I begged God to have it gone, I tried some meds, I started down the path of drinking too much, nothing stopped it. The more I fought it the stronger I got. I came in as me and I had to make peace with it all then find that balance with it all. I even thought on taking my life over it all at 16 and was given a Near Death Experience at 25 over it all. I was 40 when I stepped into it fully, embracing it all as just being my calling to this lifetime and things have fallen into place.

I can at times see the dead as clearly as the living, I am never off the clock and never alone. I have all 5 senese in play with the level of Medium I am so I get it all full on at times. Its not something I would wish on anyone but it is whom and what I am.

The meds work on mental illness and being sensitive is not an illness its a blessing and a curse rolled into one.

I will share a story of someone now passed but that inspired me in my path.

This young man was living on the streets trying to fight the "demons" as he put it but not on street drugs. He had tried all the drugs out there at the time for "hearing voices" and nothing worked. He had tried to take is life and that too did not work. He volunteered his time at a local church and outreach centre, where he met a Father there that say a "spark" in this young man that was not the same of those struggling with mental illness issues. That he really was "hearing voices" of those that had passed, and of a higher source. While some traditional churches are not open to talking to the dead, this one was in the darkest of locations for the homeless and the poor. They had to think out side the box at times to be of service.

This young man learned that he had a calling, not to God but to be more aware of what is out there, and how to help others with a different level of empathy towards them. He became a Social Worker and did that til he was in his late 30's. He went on to found an Out Reach Program that helped many off the streets all by donation. I was part of his program as a volunteer of 3 years. Saving all he could as he wanted to help more. He passed away peacefully and I was by his side.

He like me learned to embrace whom he was and what he was. Life can be normal and you can be seen as "normal" its about acceptance and balance in the path one walks with it all.

Lynn
Old 15-11-2017, 05:44 AM
Master
That was beautiful Lynn
Old 13-12-2017, 05:52 PM
Deactivated Account

If you are working on a mediumistic level anti-psychotics won't affect things because it's not a state of psychosis we enter it's a controlled state of psychic awareness rooted in oneness with the self and the divine after facing our fears and understanding the nature of our psyche and the psychic world putting us in control.

If we find ourselves in psychosis it could be that we have hit the psychic realms temporarily perhaps due to illness, exhaustion, menopause, mental illness which brings about this altered or psychotic state, without the understanding and self awareness to comprehend it's nature we are consumed by our subconscious fears, we cannot distinguish true psychic info from self created delusions projected outward as both are channeled via the imagination.
Old 19-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Master
I don't feel antidepressants work that way though. If something is there and you are aware of it, nothing can make it go. Your awareness is inside, it is not the same as the outside, it will always be there.
You can ask your higher self to slow down, ask it tone it down for you though, so things become easier to handle and in a short amount of time you will feel more comfortable.
It also depends on where your spiritually headed, where your attention is headed, if you are in the astral and operating on astral fires, you will be extremely open. Moving on from astral to the mental spheres will help you hold your gifts at the same time have control over it, as in it might be something you can consciously control and not something you have to bear with 24/ 7 as in feel your invasion of your space/ home with un bounds.
I some times hear people talk of how they feel spirits and they are constantly around without them having conscious control over it. As vivid as those experiences are when it happens, if you are focused on developing your gifts more, then just engaging solely in that sense is not giving you the ways to have more control of your own self. The lower senses are not in control enough for you to disengage when you want to. Opening to astral fires and developing skills is easier than having control over them when you want to. That is only what a master is capable of , as in your have mastery over your gifts and are not overwhelmed spiritually. It's like a vast ocean, and to navigate further you need to have some control. That control is the first step, like a baby just learning to walk.
Most psychics operate in the astral, many times in the lower astral or middle astral. Anyone who is clairvoyant enough can be a medium. And can develop skills to smell, feel, taste spirits even when they want to. One can open the door through will, but knowing how to disengage is when you become a true expert. If you are an adept you will know how to successfully astral, and if that's overwhelming then you need to bring yourself out of astral. Develop your frequency to the extent that you know when you do not need to be in the astral and can shift yourself accordingly.