Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 06-01-2011, 10:07 PM
The Om

How do you learn

to dream with lucidity? Are there certain things to practice to help become more aware in your dreams? I have had one lucid dream and several semi-lucid dreams in my life, but they have all been by accident. Does anyone have anything that worked for them?

Be well
Old 06-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Master
The best technique that has worked for me is affirmation(s) throughout the day and more so each time you wake up before falling back to sleep.

Affirmation such as "I will lucid dream while I am dreaming."

Another technique that has worked well for me, but is hard to master is when you wake up from a dream. Do not move. Stay in the position that you were in when you woke, and use it to fall back asleep. From there it's easy to fall back into the same dream and more times you will be aware of your dream.

Learning how to control the dream, or staying in the dream once you are lucid. Takes a lot of practice and control.

There are also a lot of clues that are in our dreams that can help us to realize we are dreaming. If you pay attention to your dreams you will start to notice when things are not as they would appear in your waking life. Such as flying for instance.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Master
Om... There are some great books on lucid dreaming if you want to develop the ability. One I like very much is "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self" by Robert Waggonner.

Xan

Old 11-01-2011, 08:27 PM
The Om

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look into the book, Xan.
Innerlight - I've noticed that I tend to fly around as my primary means of transport in all of my dreams, but it just seems natural. Like something I could always do, and as such it doesn't seem like something worth thinking about too much (in the dream that is). Haha, maybe I just need to convince myself that I can't actually fly. (yet, at least )
I was also wondering... What do you do once you're in a lucid dream? I mean, I know you could do anything you want, but ... well, I feel like with such a wealth of choices I just become indecisive and don't really know what to do or what I would do.
Old 13-01-2011, 01:55 AM
rasayyasar

THANK you for your satisfactory explanation
Old 13-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Om
to dream with lucidity? Are there certain things to practice to help become more aware in your dreams? I have had one lucid dream and several semi-lucid dreams in my life, but they have all been by accident. Does anyone have anything that worked for them?

Be well

Dreamwork would be most helpful for you to take up now.....

"Dreams: Your Magic Mirror by Elsie Sechrist"
"Dream Interpretation by Manly P Hall"
"Dreams by Edgar Cayce"
"Dreams by Carl Jung"

These dream-workers are the ones who experienced similar dreams to yours and know the way ahead. Journal your dreams, your day to day events, and study these books; all will become clear in time.