Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 08-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Knower
Asking for proof?

Hi, I can't seem to notice my Spirit guide's presence if he/she is there, i was wondering would it be crazy to ask for proof? like blow out the candle if you're here and such?

This might sound stupid but i'm just wondering
thankss
Old 08-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator
Hi madcat, welcome to the forum I think it would be ok to ask you guide(s) if they are there.Or ask them to point out a sign for something. I think they are aware that we do need clarifying. They know you better then you think.

Mine I typically feel on my left side.I have heard others say this too. Once in a while I am like ok show me the way or I will just talk out loud. Sometimes I here an answer.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Carwen*Angel

Absolutely, but be open to the sign(s) you will accept. Remember they see things from another perspective and they are not in a physical body. They may think of a sign to show you that will be obvious enough, but not as you would expect.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:12 PM
LadyImpreza1111

I don't think its necessarily likely they would do something overly noticeable. I think they work in more subtle ways.....like sending signs and such.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Deactivated Account

I would think asking them to blow out a candle, would be ok to ask ..... or you could just ask them to send you a sign they are near, and to make sure you notice the sign ( like if you don't catch it the first time, if they could repeat it )

keep us posted

Brightest Blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Knower
Thanks guys! i will try this tonight i post the results asap!
Old 09-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Experiencer

I do this quite a lot at times and I bet I'm a pest about asking, but they do come through for me when I need it.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Master
There's a great little antidote that is illuminating for questions like this that I'd like to share with you.

Heavy rains on melting snow caused prolonged flooding in a valley with many homes.
The area was evacuated, but some home owners chose to stay and they moved their belongings up to upper stories believing the flooding would go down and stop rising.

The rising waters continued. Many accepted rescue and left.
One man, a devote person with strong faith stayed on, when the inflatable boat rescue party's came for him he told them with strong conviction from his dry 2nd floor "God Himself will rescue me, go help those who still need help."

The flood water continued to rise and he was forced to climb on his roof, where he knelt in prayer. A horse floated serenely by pausing for a moment on the roof edge to watch him, it was a strong swimmer and he could have gone to safety with it, but he waved it on telling the horse 'God was going to rescue him, so continue on-wards to shore'. The horse did so.

Still the waters rose, covering his roof and he barely maintained purchase clinging to the chimney. A Helicopter came and a man with a megaphone called down "We're lowering a rope ladder, grab onto it and we'll get you to dry ground!"
The man yelled back "My God is coming for me, all my life I've been his faithful servant and it is He who will continue to be my Savior! Go Now."
The helicopter moved away and as it did debris in the river knocked the man from his chimney hold and he was drowned.

Upon arriving in Heaven and seeing God he was outraged. "Why didn't you rescue me? I waited and waited, I believed with all my heart and for all my life that you were always there for me! Why? Why did you let me die?"

And God replied "Listen Dude, I sent you a boat, I sent you a strong horse, I sent you a helicopter! You couldn't be saved because you wouldn't Listen!"

So the point here Madcat is maybe more than asking for specific proof, learn instead to be a good listener. =D
Old 09-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Knower
Haha Crystalsong, i actually know a very similar tale in french, thanks for reminding me of it.
You do have a point though, but how do i listen?
Old 09-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Master
Ah well that's the crux isn't it?
I've not been in a flood so didn't fail to notice the boat, helicopter and horse which of course are blatently obvious.
However Spirit has spoke to me in many ways, often a quiet voice inside which speak suddenly and in short words, it's soften/quieter than my own mental volume and I almost miss it sometimes.
Often people or animals are put in my path and attention to them soon makes me realize why. Spirit used Ravens and Crows for months to show me where to go and what to avoid early in my awakening.
Many times Spirit used words of a song that repeats over and over to move a message to me. Or used sudden sensations in my body to get my attention. Once spirit held my head looking out the passenger window at an awkward angel for 45 mins until a purple barn showed up with 8 foot tall letters in Yellow on it which said "COMPASSION".
Just before the head held event I'd asked Spirit to help me to find the right emotion to forgive my tf. My neck hurt for a day after that! lol

Accessing Higher Self/Guides/Angels is easy when doing work for others like healing, counseling, Rune reading and so on. Something about opening ourselves in compassion and love opens the 'phone lines' up.
Over the last year Spirit has shown me many practical tools to use also like crystals, cards and tarot cards, pedulums, traveling/communicating in meditation, or even just quiet listening moments of no-thinking. All tools rely on quieting your mind so Spirit can be heard. So the single most effective tools there is is your own ability to learn to stop your thinking and become the Observer.
I've said this until folks here are prolly rolling their eyes, lol, but it's worth saying again.
Read Eckhate Tolles "A New Earth". It's a free PDF online, just google it.
It will in very clear language teach you you are not your personality/ego/mind and once you actually understand that you will be in the position to transcend thinking mind and control it.

Think of your brain as a phone line to higher realms, as long as you are busy on the phone thinking, calls can't get through to you - so to increase your communication learn how to stop using your own phone line all the time so other realms only get "Busy" signal when trying to contact you.