Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 10-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Nature is nature and we humans haven't a clue as to what nature actually is. Calling it a "machine" is just silly.

Quote:
And then following this with commenting about god as though god was an entity somewhat like ourselves, making decisions and weighing options, reflects the folly of pure projection . While the term "Buddhism" is a reference point for what some people think they should be doing in relation to spiritual endeavors. The more one invests themselves in any kind of teaching the further they stray from their own connection with self.

I've always found it ironic that only humans know what God does...

Quote:
We can glance over anything that we feel inclined to consider and yet it's good to keep in mind that whatever we are searching for we are already immerse-in by the fact that all things are entwined. This is an awareness that we may steadily awaken to, while the 'pursuit toward enlightenment' should be approach as entertainment only. We can't take our fleeting thoughts serious about such things, otherwise we may start thinking that we happen to know what some god out there somewhere is up to. That's the kind of thinking that it takes in order to start and maintain a religion. It's an investment in thought that's best employed elsewhere.

My view is, power words, 'science' and 'God' are being used to pretend this thread conveys knowledge, but personally I can't even see how it's a theory. At best it's a terrible hypothesis. Teehee.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:46 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Yes, when I think about God/Source/Divine what you describe is how the brain could be said to interact with the subject.
But in the silence there is another experience which transcends the brains thinking. An experience of Isness and Oneness becomes present - this is what sustains the soul through the brains meanderings and questionings on subjects it can't fathom or believe its in interaction with.
I highlighted in your reply the very awareness that I've been pointing to in many-a-post since I've arrived on this forum. This awareness of "I" is like a floating log in the midst of a turbulent mental storm. The moment we start 'thinking' our attention becomes focused on our thoughts-about-things in the place of this crisp awareness of being. There truly is nothing wrong with us thinking about things, as long as we're aware that we're simply painting a picture of possibility. When we "think" we are physically doing nothing. The mental pictures that we paint are semantic. So when we stray from our being-of-presence in order to entertain a 'concept' of god, it's quite helpful to be aware that we're just dreaming. While it's Not helpful to then Identify with that dream. That's how attachments are formed.

TheGreenQueen posted earlier in this thread that "Buddhism and Hinduism basically propose that you unravel your personality down to its nuts and bolts until you stop existing!" Now I would jettison the "stop existing" part since it implies that we then disappear. Who wants to do that?! :) But our unraveling the manor in which we entangle our attention by the habit of rehashing haphazardly learned assumptions, such an unraveling would be helpful in regaining our unfiltered awareness of our uninterrupted being-of-presence.

Now dissolving this entanglement doesn't have to be long and drawn-out and laborious. By shifting our attention to our ongoing presence, as a crisp and clean participation-with-being, then much of our mental entanglements will fall away naturally due to a lack of continuous attention. There is actually a biochemical component to this process. Our neurons form connections based on our continuous attention to a repetitive thought-form, thus forming a network of associations in regards to those thoughts. But just like a muscle will atrophy without use, so will the thought forms dissolve their neuron-based connections, as we mitigate our habit of continually refreshing such thinking.

So as our attention shifts away from busily associating, and actively attaching to our thoughts about things, so to will our ~visceral-being-of-presence~ become more prominent.

Thus, the moment we attempt to define a "god" we then shift our attention away from our being and become entangled in associative thinking. The more we attempt to invest ourselves in such thoughts the more entangled we become within the echos of this thought-created thinking. This in itself is not "bad" it's just what we tend to do as mentalized creatures with physical priorities, it's simply good to be aware that there's a disconnect taking place when we do so.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:03 PM
Master
What you are describing is thinking based. I can only 'think' about spirituality so much, the more I intellectualize it the more it slips from my fingers, the less present it is. For all I know we maybe in agreement in an intellectual manner, but for the first time in my life intellect has taken a back seat to spiritual nature omnipresent in and around everything. The very attempt to describe it, to label it, to define it and understand it makes it feel less present.

Thinking, describing, and understanding things is very important to us on many levels, necessary even for existence as a human and for navigating this life, but it is also a barrier to higher states of awareness.

We can't think our way into experiencing Oneness, into communing with Higher Frequency Beings, we can't think our way into the Akashic Records, or into an OBE experience, or into Remote Viewing or retrieving hidden information from half way around the world, much less from across the galaxy and much more.

As humans we are capable of incredible things, wondrous things, and some of that can not be reached through the thinking mind, it is in fact the very gate barring us from realizing our full potential. So to each thing it's time and place.

I have respect for both the capacity of the human mind and what we are capable of when we silence the mind and become the Rest Of What We Are.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
OGB, close yes and no.

Charge + and - can be attract or repel ergo polarity i.e. dualistic poles of electric and magnetic phenomena.

Gravity { mass-attraction } is believed to be monopolar, tho no monopolar particles have ever been found.

Dark energy { repels } and less is known of dark energy than gravity.

However, locally planets suns and even galaxies are are falling into one another the effects of dark energy are not seen at these local scales of existence.

It may be, that, like gravity dark energy is very weak particle/phenomena.

A line drive to left field allowing the batter to slide-in on second base. I enjoy how you organize your thoughts r6! :)
Old 10-06-2017, 02:23 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
What you are describing is thinking based. I can only 'think' about spirituality so much, the more I intellectualize it the more it slips from my fingers, the less present it is. For all I know we maybe in agreement in an intellectual manner, but for the first time in my life intellect has taken a back seat to spiritual nature omnipresent in and around everything. The very attempt to describe it, to label it, to define it and understand it makes it feel less present.

Thinking, describing, and understanding things is very important to us on many levels, necessary even for existence as a human and for navigating this life, but it is also a barrier to higher states of awareness.

We can't think our way into experiencing Oneness, into communing with Higher Frequency Beings, we can't think our way into the Akashic Records, or into an OBE experience, or into Remote Viewing or retrieving hidden information from half way around the world, much less from across the galaxy and much more.

As humans we are capable of incredible things, wondrous things, and some of that can not be reached through the thinking mind, it is in fact the very gate barring us from realizing our full potential. So to each thing it's time and place.

I have respect for both the capacity of the human mind and what we are capable of when we silence the mind and become the Rest Of What We Are.

You essentially just repeated what I had said... :)
Old 10-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Master
Quiet possibly :)
Old 10-06-2017, 02:38 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I've always found it ironic that only humans know what God does...
Agreed!

And at the same time we keep crowing about new discoveries as though we actually made these things ourselves... setting aside the fact that such things have been around for some billions of years. And when considering these discoveries it becomes obvious that we've barely cracked the door as to what's actually going on.

But since we're alone as humans, with this process of thinking, I suspect that we can hubrisly spin such as we please. :)
Old 10-06-2017, 02:44 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Arrow 4 Prtimary Kinds of Spirit

Quote:
A line drive to left field allowing the batter to slide-in on second base. I enjoy how you organize your thoughts r6! :)

I find yours interesting as well.

1} Spirit-1 { spirit-of-intent } is metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts i.e. energyless concepts of Space, God, Universe, Time, Waves, Concepts, Dogs Cats etc....and not an actual space, occupied or not.
------line of demarcation-----------------

2} spirit-2 { occupied space } is physical/energy as fermions, bosons and collection thereof ex biologicals that have feelings, and such feelings arise from the chemistry of molecules > atoms > fermions and bosons.

3} spirit-3 is gravity { occupied space },

4} spirit-4 is dark energy { occupied space }.

ebuc

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 12-06-2017, 05:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Agreed!

And at the same time we keep crowing about new discoveries as though we actually made these things ourselves... setting aside the fact that such things have been around for some billions of years. And when considering these discoveries it becomes obvious that we've barely cracked the door as to what's actually going on.

But since we're alone as humans, with this process of thinking, I suspect that we can hubrisly spin such as we please. :)

Well, there are different sorts of narratives through which people understand their place in the universe... but some people think their own 'version' is truer or 'more superior' to other people's, which actually brings about misunderstandings in the sense that we can mathematically determine cause and effect and accurately predict outcomes, but tend to implement this knowledge in a destructive way. We have strayed too far into the symbolic space and taken up residence in it, taken it to be true, and lost connectivity with life in the natural world and personal connectivity with our selves; choosing, apparently, to remain conscious only on a personal level, which is a construct of conditioning and thought, and because that is 'all we know' - that's how we 'take ourselves to be' - we strive to survive in the sense of preserving symbolic structures which reflectively indicate a false identity. It's a huge problem, but it's ultimately self destructive, and it will sort itself out through a sort of self annihilation. This a very frightening to a majority of folk, because there is a imagined ghost like figure who pretends to be 'who we are', without which one would have no knowledge, nor definition, nor narrative, to describe their living being.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Newbie ;)

All religions are man-made and not what "God" or the "Universe" created.

I personally feel religion in general ruined humanity. Instead of collectively evolving, understanding human life, what we truly are and where we are going, believe in human values etc. we are focusing on man-made religious practices and trying to enforce our views on other humans, sometimes forcefully.

I do understand thanks to religion some people are able to have peace in their lives, have some thing to follow and believe in. I just hope and wish that someday we realize that man-made religions and its blind rituals are not what we were meant to follow here on earth. I hope we simply believe in humanity and collectively go ahead as a race and truly experience the beauty of nature around us.