Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 30-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Master
I am pretty hopeless with my own daily meditation. But I am aware of late going back to my weekly med class with a good friend and her group it does feel good to be in that zone again. I also noticed three days in a course which was predominately meditation four times each day, that I felt more alive, more "awake" and just felt really centred. I guess it was a good throw back for me to realize it really could support me now where I am in myself for a few reasons. I would dearly love to motivate myself do get up, walk, do yoga and then meditate. Then go about my day. Why don't I do that? I think it comes back to self discipline for me. When I go to yoga three times a week with a group, its easy. Same with meditation. But ultimately I want to make it my own practice. 2017 who knows?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 31-12-2016, 12:56 AM
Suspended
Ascender

The point is: as long as you experience 'meditation' it is just artifice which constructs transient experience. There may be some shorter or longer aftermath influenced by this meditational artifice, but that is bound to fade away too.
Quote:
"And he discerns that 'Whatever is fabricated & mentally fashioned is inconstant & subject to cessation.' MN121, Cula-suññata Sutta
Old 31-12-2016, 01:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
The point is: as long as you experience 'meditation' it is just artifice which constructs transient experience. There may be some shorter or longer aftermath influenced by this meditational artifice, but that is bound to fade away too.

Life is transient, but we still "live" the experience of life itself in many ways of life through the various ways we wish to create a life.We still become part of the process of the lived experience.

Regardless, I still see what your saying and it fits the picture.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 31-12-2016, 01:29 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Life is transient, but we still "live" the experience of life itself in many ways of life through the various ways we wish to create a life.We still become part of the process of the lived experience.

Regardless, I still see what your saying and it fits the picture.
There is a source behind all of this.
Old 31-12-2016, 01:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground

Old 31-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Master
Quote:
I am pretty hopeless with my own daily meditation. But I am aware of late going back to my weekly med class with a good friend and her group it does feel good to be in that zone again. I also noticed three days in a course which was predominately meditation four times each day, that I felt more alive, more "awake" and just felt really centred. I guess it was a good throw back for me to realize it really could support me now where I am in myself for a few reasons. I would dearly love to motivate myself do get up, walk, do yoga and then meditate. Then go about my day. Why don't I do that? I think it comes back to self discipline for me. When I go to yoga three times a week with a group, its easy. Same with meditation. But ultimately I want to make it my own practice. 2017 who knows?

Yes I started the thread because I'm hopeless, whereas I used place it as a high priority - but I have become highly physical in the last 6 months with weight training and special diet, so maybe it's time for body work. but if I could put some meditation time in the routine that'd be good, and I do waste a lot of time with SF and chats and other unnecessary entertainment. Maybe this new year is a catalyst for reconsidering priorities, though, and really, it's very easy for me, as I do have a lot of spare time. Just need to get organised, which is really the first step to take.
Old 31-12-2016, 12:07 PM
Master
You are definitely not hopeless. It is good you are taking care of your body as well as your mind. You will find your balance. Perhaps you need to get up a wee bit earlier in the morning to fit in meditation, then go to the gym or whenever you go.

My life has been completely turned upside down the past few years and I've been slowly wading through the aftermath...clearing out this, clearing out that...emotions are wonky...but I find them evening out albeit slowly. Not one for new year's resolutions but organizing my goals and setting time for things I want/need to do.

How's school going?
Old 31-12-2016, 01:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Not one for new year's resolutions
Happy New Year *sister! My experience: inspired will is a result of spiritual epiphany and higher self awakening. Definitely not a scheduled decision-making thing that happens once a year on Jan 1.
Old 31-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yes I started the thread because I'm hopeless, whereas I used place it as a high priority - but I have become highly physical in the last 6 months with weight training and special diet, so maybe it's time for body work. but if I could put some meditation time in the routine that'd be good, and I do waste a lot of time with SF and chats and other unnecessary entertainment. Maybe this new year is a catalyst for reconsidering priorities, though, and really, it's very easy for me, as I do have a lot of spare time. Just need to get organised, which is really the first step to take.

I think our life experiences change and we try new things, let go of things we once did and so everything shifts around. I think also, sometimes for myself, balance deepens and when I realize I need or want to fit something from my past back in, it comes back into more integrating it in so I get everything done and moving in balance of all life happenings.

When you kind of saturated in some things, at certain times of your life, it is easier because you actually let it be the centre of your world for a time. I think when you find your own centre, balance is really bringing all that which was (if you want too continue) into a space of shared life balance. Right now Yoga is my call. My body wants it and so I will do it frequently because I love it. It is my current bigger immersion space. I might need to think about letting go of here as a daily thing and like my coffee now make it a weekly thing. It so easy to ride the flow here if you visit each day. You kind of end up following threads. But anyway I may see less need in that I suspect over the coming weeks. I have other projects that I want to do. And the longer I hang out here, the less of that happens. I think I need to start adding some kind of planning process into my day..

Its really hard for me because my old nature is really more in tune with being spontaneous and going with the flow pretty chilled and whatever falls falls kind of being. But I can see now days if I am to fit everything in, I have to develop a routine. Even saying that word brings on dread for me. So maybe there is something in there I can look at. Or maybe have a few days planned and a few days to be more spontaneous.

I guess as the new year and routines start kicking in again, I will see more so where I am at.

What I would really love is to maybe go to the Buddhist centre and meditate there with them leading the group...Most of my own network and groups talk to much for my liking. I just want silent meditation and stillness, open my eyes and go home, not participate in talk. They offer this. I feel that kind of defeats the reasons why I want to meditate.

Old 31-12-2016, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:
I think our life experiences change and we try new things, let go of things we once did and so everything shifts around. I think also, sometimes for myself, balance deepens and when I realize I need or want to fit something from my past back in, it comes back into more integrating it in so I get everything done and moving in balance of all life happenings.

When you kind of saturated in some things, at certain times of your life, it is easier because you actually let it be the centre of your world for a time. I think when you find your own centre, balance is really bringing all that which was (if you want too continue) into a space of shared life balance. Right now Yoga is my call. My body wants it and so I will do it frequently because I love it. It is my current bigger immersion space. I might need to think about letting go of here as a daily thing and like my coffee now make it a weekly thing. It so easy to ride the flow here if you visit each day. You kind of end up following threads. But anyway I may see less need in that I suspect over the coming weeks. I have other projects that I want to do. And the longer I hang out here, the less of that happens. I think I need to start adding some kind of planning process into my day..

Its really hard for me because my old nature is really more in tune with being spontaneous and going with the flow pretty chilled and whatever falls falls kind of being. But I can see now days if I am to fit everything in, I have to develop a routine. Even saying that word brings on dread for me. So maybe there is something in there I can look at. Or maybe have a few days planned and a few days to be more spontaneous.

I guess as the new year and routines start kicking in again, I will see more so where I am at.

What I would really love is to maybe go to the Buddhist centre and meditate there with them leading the group...Most of my own network and groups talk to much for my liking. I just want silent meditation and stillness, open my eyes and go home, not participate in talk. They offer this. I feel that kind of defeats the reasons why I want to meditate.

Routine is better, I'm sure. 'Go with the flow' is something hippies made up because they were too stoned to get their act together. I'm just a little too disorganised to put it together and keep it up, but it starts with bedtime and time to get up, which is my downfall, always up too late with this silly computer stuff. I have to get off the computer otherwise I waste a hell of a lot of time