Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 12-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Idhrenniel

Question How can I talk to it?

Hello to anyone reading this.

I have never been an overly religious person at ALL. I have never really been christian or catholic, or anything for that matter. However, I am a spiritual person. Despite what my logic tells me, I feel that maybe there is a guide, maybe an angel or a spirit that watches over me, that has my back.

I am starting to feel like I am yearning for this presence to make a bigger appearance in my life. I never truly gave it much thought and I never really prayed to anything or anyone before I did today. It was in interesting and strange experience for me, but it felt good.

I have no idea where to begin, and I am sure lots of you are in contact with your own. I am just wondering if there is a way that I might try and speak with my own. Or call out for help, ask for the presence of one. How do I do this? Speaking in my head is fine, but feels less concrete. I want to reach out, and have faith and lay my heart on the ground. I want to show that I am aware now, and that I need the help. In short, I want to show my vulnerability and trust.

I have used Tarot cards in the past and I also own a pendulum.

Is there anything I should expect? Does anything ever happen? (candles go out, phones turn off, I know, cliche but I recognize that spiritual beings can at times have this effect) because part of me is slightly afraid. I have never really been open to this kind of being and I have no idea what it will feel like.

I appreciate all the advice I can get!

Cheers!

-N.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Master
Idhrienniel--

You can ask to meet your angel or guide. Specify that it is one who has only your highest growth at heart. Then ask what you want--if you want to see them, hear them, know a name (this becomes less important as time goes on but initially, it's comforting). Then pay attention to what you get. Write it down and don't censor yourself by thinking you must have made it up.

Then, you can ask for some kind of confirmation. If you are thinking of them and want to find coins, feathers, a time on a clock, specific words or numbers. Just use something that has felt significant to you before. I use birds--I ask a question and the bird that makes itself obvious--provides a kind of answer (I look it up in Native American interpretations since the guide I've seen appears to be NA or indigenous.) It's worked because we've developed a language between us.

You'll need to develop this between them. So give them the parameters you want. With time, you will get answers and you won't second-guess yourself. Of course, we all tend to question some, especially when we don't feel too connected.

Good luck to you. Trust that they are there and you will get confirmation.

Lora
Old 12-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Carwen*Angel

Hello! Nice to *meet* you.

This is so different and individual for everybody in my experience, that it's hard to give any concrete advice.

What I will say is that it's a journey, and an exciting one at that. It can take a long period of reaching out, of letting your guide or angel know you want to hear them or receive their messages, of raising your vibration to enable them to draw nearer to you. It sounds like you're doing all the right things to start with...and looking at examples of people you know who can communicate freely with their angels and guides, you can build up your own belief that it will happen for you too, when the time is right.

I used oracle cards early in my journey and still do now. I have always found them spookily accurate when chosen by intuition and am convinced that intuition is in small way influenced by my angels and guides. I also used to keep a dream journal and ask questions of my angels and guides, or ask them to show themselves to me in my dreams...that was one way in which some huge revelations came my way for many years. I was taken to the Hall of Records, and have spoken with Archangels Michael and Gabriel, my three closest guides this lifetime, and the Ascended Master Lord Sananda (Jesus), in dreams.

Meditation is also a good way forward. At first it may be hard to quiet your mind and not much may come through...it's an incremental practice. But I have met my guardian angel and received messages from numerous archangels in meditation. It can be very powerful. Raising your vibration is important, too, because angels and guides are of the higher dimensions and cannot always reach us when we are entrenched in the third dimension, especially when we're surrounded by negativity or earth "stuff". You can do this by regularly cleansing, grounding and protecting yourself, and including uplifting reading, music, company, surroundings, and activities regularly in your life. Bringing living greenery into your home, as well as natural objects such as shells, feathers, crystals, pebbles, and angel/elemental/saint/animal linked ornaments, can also help raise the vibration of your environment (and with it, you!!).

You will get there, I am sure!
Old 12-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Idhrenniel

Both IsleWalker and Carawen,
Fantastic advice.
I will be putting some time into doing this and I hope dearly that one day I will get an answer!

Much appreciated, both of you.

Cheers.
-Nil
Old 12-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Carwen*Angel

You will - have faith!
Old 12-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Angelstar

a way of communicating with your Guide is to go inward,you can use guided visualizations or Meditation.You caould also try this little Exercise,before you go to sleep ask a direct question of your guide,keep it short and to the point,once you have asked your question forget about it,this may take a bit of practice as you will want to keep going back to the question.Keep a note book by your bed.When you wake not down any dreams you have as it may relate to your question.Some times the Answer will just be there in your mind when you wake or may pop into your head later in the day,give it a go,you may be pleasently surprized what impressions you receive