Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 13-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Atheism isn't a belief or a organisation.

If atheists want to help poor people, animals, homosexuals, children, minority groups, etc,
they don't feel the need to tell everyone they are helping ''in the name of atheism''. They just help.
Ahh I thought it might have been organized and had meetings
Old 13-11-2010, 02:12 PM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
Ahh I thought it might have been organized and had meetings
What do you think they would discuss?
Old 13-11-2010, 02:18 PM
supernova

Theism and atheism has little to do with charity and I think whether one is a theist or atheist and if he is charitable he is great and spiritual.
Even if one is really charitable and takes care of others I think he is really great.

I am often torn between theism and atheism. I am often unsure whether God exists or not but I always am sure that charity is a great deed and that really enlightens.
Old 13-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
I was thinking today about atheism and the belief you are your own god
It got me wondering how many Atheist charities there must be.They must be hiding them well because I couldn't find any easy. However on the other hand christian charity Search showed up more than I was willing to count.
This made me wonder is this Atheism thing just an excuse to do nothing to help fellow people and justify it somehow?

With this question, I am sure there probably is some really nice atheist charity workers, but this is about the philosophy of Atheism and how its beliefs reflect on/ benefit their fellow man.
"Atheist Charities" - that made me laugh.

Atheists are great people and very generous - they are just not organized
to create a Charity - that I know of---What a great idea though.

Any atheists here interested in starting a "National Atheist Fund for the Fill in the blank" ? Should be easy with the Internet.
You'd be featured on Good Morning Am...especially if you're 14...more news worthy.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie.b
...i'll give you an example of how unkind a christian person can be. my ex boss is a church pastor, i had to take 2 months off work to care for my mum who was dying of cancer. i was entitled to pay while i was off the 2 months due to government law but he chose to pay me nothing. not a penny. i asked & asked but still he gave me nothing. when my mum died i had no money at all, not even to buy her flowers for the funeral so i sent a txt message to my boss begging him for what i was owed & explained why i needed it. still, nothing...........is that very christian???!!!!...
I was told and followed this to a tee in 1989 -never go to anyone with a fish in their ad.
A friend did and was very sorry - I said I told you so.
And I'm a Christian.

I could tell you much worse stories, debbie!!
But, you can rest assured he will burn in hell, that's always a comfort.
(Just kidding to see if you were awake.)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
What do you think they would discuss?
How to overturn Government authorized things like getting, "In God we Trust" off our money, how to get prayer out of
the schools and at the beginning of events, bla bla -you get the picture.

Sorry, you were asking someone else - I just figure this is a forum and we can jump in, right?
I cheat on tests, also.

Old 13-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Master
I reckon many christians give to charity to earn brownie points in the afterlife and for a feeling of smug self-satisfaction.
Old 13-11-2010, 04:39 PM
shepherd

Well one thing about athiests is that they have not caused and are not causing the religious wars this planet has suffered over the past 2 thousand years etc. Billions suffer at the hands of religious influence and will still do so until the irrational parts of religion are exposed and dealt with. Athiests are given everything they need to show religions darkest sides and what is still does to people today. Its hard to ignore what they say especially when you see children being hurt through religious irrationality.

So are athiests selfish? Nope, they are in my opinion Gods answer to balance out mans made up versions of who they think God is, wants and needs.
Old 13-11-2010, 06:16 PM
arive nan

There are some organised atheist groups in America. But their members really don't accurately represent atheists as a whole, even if they might think they do. To be an atheist, the only qualification is simply not believing in god or gods. Most people who simply don't believe in god or gods don't join a club about it.
Old 13-11-2010, 06:33 PM
shepherd

Quote:
There are some organised atheist groups in America. But their members really don't accurately represent atheists as a whole, even if they might think they do. To be an atheist, the only qualification is simply not believing in god or gods. Most people who simply don't believe in god or gods don't join a club about it.

No they dont but there is a growing movement to join as they are fed up of seeing the harmful side to religion.