Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 27-09-2012, 04:34 AM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
All ego self-identity, positive or negative is conditioned... made up of learned beliefs and values about oneself..

The unconditioned self would necessarily be unlearned... no beliefs at all.

How to know that?

Xan

I see were you are coming from but the neg ego works on lies, untruths, it seems like it has a condition but it really doesn't because it's false so if it's false it doesn't really exist except through the conditioned state, it takes from the conditioned state & turns it into untruths which is nothing, so if it's nothing it must be unconditioned, a state of no true beliefs.

I know it seems like it has a belief but it doesn't as the neg ego changes on which way the wind blows, no true direction!!!..I know it's still fluffy!!

Love
Mathew
Old 27-09-2012, 04:45 AM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..The unconditioned self is present when the mind is still and quiet.. there are not different 'selfs', there are different states of mind and awareness of the same 'self'..

Be well..

Yes it can only be present when it’s still & quiet, this true unconditioned self is infinite in itself & no I would say there isn’t different selves but different states of mind & awareness. This is a good point Tzu because this is where most people get it wrong!!

Love
Mathew
Old 27-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Mountain-Goat

If you haven't already put me on ignore Mathew, it's simple to just not read this post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
The more we read the bigger our ego gets consciously &/or subconsciously becauseIt’s quite obvious it would cause confrontation but why to the extent it has? Simple, the ego!!
Now I have been called a lot of different things on these sites one just recently was a know it all which psychologically says that the person saying this has quite a big ego problem because they are in denial of what I know because of their ego quite obviously.
Or these people that you continue to slander simply do not agree with your theories and conclusions.
Especially if they do not subscribe to the theory that an ego exists.

Quote:
(1)This is the important part: Now the reason I have had certain experiences is that I didn’t have the ego to contend with.
(2)Yes I know I’m going on about myself & my disability again, it’s the ego coming out in me
In (1) you claim you have no ego, yet in (2) you claim you have one.
Quote:
What’s now happening on this site is an ego battle;
Ego battles only occur in the minds of people who believe in egos.
And it is these people who wage war or think war is being waged against them.

Quote:
OK I ruffle a lot of feathers at times, why? I don’t do it intentionally but quite by chance.
I offered a whole bunch of what i regard as helpful quotes...here ...
concerning your current state of being affected by some experiences.
But if you chose to remain as you are and ruffle your feathers when encountering these situations, then that's your choice.
If you want to continue claiming others are severely messed up egotists who are out to get you, that that's the reality you have chosen.
I may speak up every now and then about it though.
I think that's balanced and fair. You say your piece and i say mine.
Old 27-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Mathew

Without the ego we don't exist in the form we are in & I'm by far not the only person to believe in this, I have metaphysics friends who see it the same way.

Anything that vibrates exist including all our thoughts & yes that includes dragons, ghouls, vampires, trolls & so forth but not in the exact way as our thoughts depict or in the same reality as what we are in. In other dimensional realities there is everything we can ever imagine otherwise how did these thoughts which are vibrative exist in our minds? Nothing that doesn't exist can't enter into our heads it's metaphysically impossible.

I know this principle goes against other idealism & belief systems but it makes so much sense, well to me & others like me who are into science & spiritualism & who aren’t dogmatically one or the other.

Now this is how some people screw things about to serve their own idealism’s
& ego’s: I quoted: “Now the reason I have had certain experiences is that I didn’t have the ego to contend with”. I didn’t say anywhere here I didn’t have an ego did I? It’s quite obvious I meant I didn’t have an ego problem to contend with if one reads it in context to the rest of the post instead of dissecting everything to serve one’s own ego.

This is a perfect example of deliberate manipulation & I ask of this person to stop doing this to me & others on this site, PLEASE!!!!!... Reread the post as a whole!!!

We all have our own ideas about things & this is one of mine, who’s to say who’s 110% right or wrong? No one is that sure in what they believe surly??

Love
Mathew
Old 27-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Mountain-Goat

Mathew, thankyou for conversing with me, and of course you are welcome to continue to slander me and think whatever you want about me.
Regardless, as these things do not bother me, i will state this...
Quote:
- Now the reason I have had certain experiences is that I didn’t have the ego to contend with.
- It’s quite obvious I meant I didn’t have an ego problem to contend with
It's not obvious to me that "I didn’t have the ego to contend with" means "I didn’t have an ego problem to contend with"

To me, "I didn’t have the ego to contend with" means you don't have an ego to contend with and
"I didn’t have an ego problem to contend with" means you don't have problems with your ego.

No egotistical manipulations from me, just plain and simple observations of your word usage.
"Ego" and "ego problems" are two distinct things.
The phrase, "Mean what you say; say what you mean", comes to my mind.
But now that you have clarified you did not mean you don't have an ego, i now understand what you intended to say.
Thanks for the clarification ,which slander and character assassination is not required to clarify things within conversations.

Though i imagine you don't see it as slander or character assassination but merely you are expressing what you regard as the truth of the matter.
And beware to anyone who dares ask one question or makes an observation of these things you regard as facts of life.
~facepalm~
Old 28-09-2012, 04:16 AM
Mathew

I Quoted: Now the reason I have had certain experiences is that I didn’t have the ego to contend with.

Your analysis: Now the reason I have had certain experiences is that I didn’t have an ego.

This is your manipulated version of what I said: Yes I know I’m going on about myself & my disability again, it’s the ego coming out in me

This is what was actually said by me: Yes I know I’m going on about myself & my disability again, it’s the ego coming out in me & of course psychologically egotistical people will say this!!

See how you deliberately manipulated what was said to suite your idealism’s & ego.

IF YOU CONTINUE TO MANIPULATE ME & OTHERS ON THIS SITE I WILL MAKE A FORMAL COMPLAINT AGAINST YOU, DO YOU UNDERSTAND (AC), THIS SHOWS HOW MANIPULATIVE YOU ARE.

It’s obvious I meant I didn’t have to contend with it, it wasn't an issue not that I don't have one as you have manipulatively stipulated. Go disrupt someone else's OP who appreciates you as I don't. If you bothered reading the whole OP in context you would realise this but I have a feeling you do anyway, you’re just a trouble maker with a huge ego problem as you keep proving.

How many times is it again that I’ve pleading with you personally to stop harassing & conversing with me? Go prove you’re egotistical with someone else PLEASE. Any sane non-egotistical person when pleaded so many times by another to stop harassing them would do so wouldn’t they????? You prove my point in so many ways it’s not funny.

I think this if funny that some of the people with ego problems dismiss the existence of the ego, it's quite obvious to me, total denial!!

Love
Mathew
Old 28-09-2012, 06:13 AM
Master

Quote:
What’s now happening on this site is an ego battle; some just don’t want to accept others experiencing more than them or it goes against their idealism’s. We really do need to look inside ourselves before commenting to see why we are commenting in such a way!! The thing to remember is the more we know the more egotistical one can get, we need to all try to remember this.

Love all
Mathew
It's the always the same when someone adopts a spiritual/religious belief system. It's always 'the truth' and others are either 'in the know' or aren't. The other person just hasn't 'experienced' it, and therefore it alseep or unconconcious etc. 'You just don't know because you haven't experienced it.' If it's that great, why do you have to defend it? To reinforce your own beliefs?

They always have their own lingo they use and a certain way of seeing things. Other people need what you have. You don't think you have 'beliefs' you have the truth, but we never want to admit it, or can't because we believe we really know. Not all people are like that, just the committed ones, and the 'very committed' usually seem driven by some self-esteem issues. Anyway, I admit that I do the same thing. Lately this seems to come in the form of knowing 'the true self'. If you have to preach it, it ain't that great. Sorry
Old 28-09-2012, 06:27 AM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
It's the always the same when someone adopts a spiritual/religious belief system. It's always 'the truth' and others are either 'in the know' or aren't. The other person just hasn't 'experienced' it, and therefore it alseep or unconconcious etc. 'You just don't know because you haven't experienced it.' If it's that great, why do you have to defend it? To reinforce your own beliefs?

They always have their own lingo they use and a certain way of seeing things. Other people need what you have. You don't think you have 'beliefs' you have the truth, but we never want to admit it, or can't because we believe we really know. Not all people are like that, just the committed ones, and the 'very committed' usually seem driven by some self-esteem issues. Anyway, I admit that I do the same thing. Lately this seems to come in the form of knowing 'the true self'. If you have to preach it, it ain't that great. Sorry

Yes you make some good points here....yes I do think at times they have to know what I know but I suppose I don't know what they know either, I can see your point.

I actually know I have theories as like with everyone as no one knows they are 110% correct including me, it really is all theorising on my part especially even though I'm quite passionate about it.

As for defending myself & my theories....i suppose I do it sometimes as it's to do with lack of confidence but with AC no it's just I'm trying to show him what he really is at this time, I think!!!

Don't say sorry because I love your frankness & truthfulness Seawolf, I will take into mind what you are saying here.

Love
Mathew
Old 28-09-2012, 06:30 AM
Mathew

I think I will make some people happy as I have just now pushed the ignore button on AC as I can't converse with someone who is obviously manipulative!!

Love
Mathew
Old 28-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Mountain-Goat

I see Mathew says he has now put me on his ignore list, but i will respond anyways.
Quote:
I Quoted: Now the reason I have had certain experiences is that I didn’t have the ego to contend with.
Your analysis: Now the reason I have had certain experiences is that I didn’t have an ego.
This is your manipulated version of what I said: Yes I know I’m going on about myself & my disability again, it’s the ego coming out in me
This is what was actually said by me: Yes I know I’m going on about myself & my disability again, it’s the ego coming out in me & of course psychologically egotistical people will say this!!
I don't see the point of requoting the same quotes you quoted in your last post, i can read you know.
Can you, because this is what i said in my last post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-G
But now that you have clarified you did not mean you don't have an ego, i now understand what you intended to say.
Thanks for the clarification

I have acknowledged that i now understood you didn't mean you don't have an ego,
but here you are in this post going over the same ground again, no acknowledgment that i now understood your meaning.
As if you never even read what i said.

Quote:
IF YOU CONTINUE TO MANIPULATE ME & OTHERS ON THIS SITE I WILL MAKE A FORMAL COMPLAINT AGAINST YOU, DO YOU UNDERSTAND (AC), THIS SHOWS HOW MANIPULATIVE YOU ARE.
Seriously? You actually think if you make a formal complaint it makes your conclusion true.
Admin may very well request/advise i stop interacting with you, but that doesn't mean your accusations are fact.
Gee, if making a formal complaint made the accusation true, how many innocent people would be in jail.
Well, quite a few i imagine, but the court system is not perfect.
Quote:
It’s obvious I meant I didn’t have to contend with it, it wasn't an issue not that I don't have one as you have manipulatively stipulated. Go disrupt someone else's OP who appreciates you as I don't. If you bothered reading the whole OP in context you would realise this but I have a feeling you do anyway, you’re just a trouble maker with a huge ego problem as you keep proving.
You did read this in my last post didn't you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-G
Thanks for the clarification

Quote:
How many times is it again that I’ve pleading with you personally to stop harassing & conversing with me? Go prove you’re egotistical with someone else PLEASE. Any sane non-egotistical person when pleaded so many times by another to stop harassing them would do so wouldn’t they????? You prove my point in so many ways it’s not funny.
No no Mathew, if you post stuff about me without using my name,ie " some people in this forum", as you continue to do,
i think it's reasonable and fair that i respond to your allegations.
Quote:
I think this if funny that some of the people with ego problems dismiss the existence of the ego, it's quite obvious to me, total denial!!
Yet you keep saying stuff like this...
Quote:
I actually know I have theories as like with everyone as no one knows they are 110% correct including me, it really is all theorising on my part especially even though I'm quite passionate about it.
You state that you don't know the absolute truth about anything, but are 100% sure of all the things you conclude about me.
Quote:
Yes i know you said this, i can read and i did read it, did you, because here's my view of it.
Quote:
Yes I know I’m going on about myself & my disability again, it’s the ego coming out in me & of course psychologically egotistical people will say this!!

Here you are saying, "it's the ego coming out in me"
This is you saying this about yourself, of which you add a confirmation of,

"& of course psychologically egotistical people will say this!!"
Meaning to me, that you are claiming you are a psychologically egotistical person.
Which you are free to be, i don't judge this as being good or bad.

Please note, i am not claiming you are a psychologically egotistical person.
I am simply expressing what it seems to me you are saying about yourself.
Why would i say you are a psychologically egotistical person when i do not subscribe to the theory that there is such a thing as an ego.

Anyways....
So, not once in our conversations or even in any conversations i have had with others about you have i said you have an ego,
so, going by your own conclusion...
Quote:
it’s the ego coming out in me & of course psychologically egotistical people will say this!!
...i am not a psychologically egotistical person.
Which of course, matches up with my view that there is no such thing as an ego.
Closed Thread