Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 16-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Sybilline

Muhahaha! Lightworker thanks~!!

The voices you hear, might be the same voice my bf hears, from yours truly, hehehe ♥
Old 16-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Neville

Non Proximal hearing is very common during the Theta state of brain frequency. A number of theory's surround this phenomena.

Theta is a low brain frequency in which REM dream takes place... You will note that dreams seem very real. It is as though ones awareness consciousness is far removed from the head resting on the pillow.

To get to sleep properly..The timeless black void of sleep...Delta frequency it is usual to to pass through Theta in departing Alpha Frequency(restful wakefulness... So in a sense you do traverse these frequencies from deep sleep to total awake and alert Beta.

Interestingly (To me anyway) Mediums..Meditators and Astral Projectee's occupy the Theta state during those activities that they practice.

Other examples of Non proximal hearing that have happened to me while dropping off to sleep. My name being called, Loud knocking,Music, Crashing noises.

I conclude all of this to be normal, further and more excitingly for me are the accompanying visuals (seeing behind closed eyes) that will start to occur. Now this is the part that a lot of people find difficult.

Once you focus it's gone... caput...disappeared.. Because you bring your attention Alpha, even Beta to bear upon Theta ..You are switching brain frequency and moving away from the subject matter of Theta where you are required to nothing more than passively observe...

Anyway...It's a really interesting subject and I could go on and on about this area of interest but I'd bore the pants off most of you.. So heres a small illustrative read me.

Beta Brain Waves (13-30 cycles per second). The fastest, representing the most intense state of alertness. The result of heightened mental activity. Maximum mind power. All five external senses, logical mind, memory from the five senses & logical thinking.

Alpha Brain Waves (8 to 12 cycles per second) This brain wave indicates a relaxed state of mind.. State of relaxed alertness, good for inspiration and learning facts fast. A meditative mind. In this state tap into internal “antenna” like qualities. Visions, powerful ideas, mindless creation of the incredible. Internal feeling & sensations.

Theta Brain Waves (4 to 8 cycles per second) Deep meditation. Deep inward thought. This is associated with life-like imagination. High state of mental concentration. A magical mind. Internal pictures / visualisation. Intuition, inner guidance. Access to unconscious material. Dreaming.

Delta Brain Waves (0.5 to 4 cycles per second) Deep dreamless sleep. Deep relaxation. State of oneness, whole body feeling. Pure being & will.

Note that the lowest range of delta is 0.5 hz and that No Brain activity is 0. This provides a very comforting view of what life is like after physical death may actually be like.. A very deep perpetual sleep. Which should provide some solace to those who have no faith that an afterlife exists...

For more information on this self same subject here at SF please read the following topic

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=35692

Old 10-09-2012, 10:03 PM
everything

Thank you for that info Neville. Is it possible to be lucid about what wave you're in, or does it tend to hard to grasp?

On voices, I have heard the just before sleeping/just before waking voices, usually about weird things that make little contextual sense.

But sometimes I hear them when wide awake. I'm sick with an absolute ton of stress and so my mind races often. Sometimes there are quiet, faintly distinguishable voices that chime in. Sometimes they are on topic, sometimes they are not.

I think I can tell my inner guide/higher self/whatever he/she/it is from these voices. It has a very calm feeling to it, it doesn't speak much at all, maybe once a week or two, and it never gives me negative news.

The other voices can say anything. One time there was one that was saying the opposite of everything I was thinking, telling me the answers were the opposite of what i was figuring out. And after I mentioned that, said internally, "you're not saying anything productive, you're just giving me the opposites", that voice went away immediately.

So I have no idea what this might be. I fear I'm schizophrenic and that wouldn't surprise me given how much anxiety and stress I've been under for so many years and probably the majority of my 20 years of life.
Old 13-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Master
Thanks, as well, Neville, for the info. I often 'hear' voice, but it's more like thoughts, once however, during a bad time when i was about to do something I heard a very loud "RUN!" and so I did. Anyway, when I hear thoughts that do not seem to be my own, I always listen, they are things I need to hear or relate to others.

I did hear a crash in the kitchen last night, but there was nothing that fell. My daughter even heard it as well.

As for waking, it's funny because there are many times I would have overslept and my internal alarm clock is usually pretty amazing, but there are times I'm dead to the world and a bird will loudly bring me back to life or another sound of or from nature is sure to awaken me. I often wonder what brings that about? Like something knows I need to wake up.
Old 16-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Guide

I often hear a male voice talking in one low monotone like a run on sentence, but I cant understand what is being said, in the back of my mind, again mostly when I am trying to go to sleep or daydreaming, which I do a lot. However on two instances I heard, again in my mind, a voice say something. Once I was walking though a mall and a voice said NANCY and I was like thats weird, thats my cousins name and I hadnt seen her in a while. well I turned the corner and practically walked right into her. Another time I was having bad anxiety issues and was late at my old job, alone in the building, and I got a sense I had to get out, but the indoor alarm went off and I heard the same voice go JENN, which is my name. I had been starting to freak out about the alarm (anything set off panic attacks those days) and then I stopped freaking out, shut off the alarm and left.
Old 17-09-2012, 12:02 AM
sesheta

I think there is definitely a lot to be said for the different stages of brain waves/sleep, etc...
Over the normal course of our day, our heads are so filled with "noise" - both external, and all those "little voices" always competing in our mind!...that we forget how to simply be still and calm...when relaxing, or drifting off to sleep, our minds finally slow down, and filter out all the chatter so we can hear the more important things, or the aspects we tend to ignore....
And yes, all those voices in our head can be destructive in their own way! My boyfriend calls it my "hamster wheel"....contradictory thoughts will spin round and round till I drive myself half crazy! He is constantly telling me to relax and turn off the hamster wheel
Old 26-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Guide
I've been having these voices over the last several months.

Last night was the strongest its ever been. Usually I have it as I'm nodding of to sleep, but can usually fight off sleep for bit and hear quite a bit of chatter as I'm in and out of sleep.

But this voice last night was different. For some reason, I got the feeling that this voice was a guide trying to contact me. I've heard many different voices, over the last couple months, but this one last night was a young girl with an English (i.e. British) accent. For some reason, I thought her name could be Amelia, but I got a stern "No, it's Jane", as the voice spoke up to correct me.

After that it seemed like there was some kind of messaging being conveyed to me, but it was like a radio station going between clear and static, and didn't end up getting much. I'm going to work with it in the next couple nights.
Old 18-05-2015, 12:29 PM
pjt_ldn

Lately I have been hearing voices more and more before falling asleep.
The only strange thing I find about this is how clear I can understand what they are saying and often they speak in full sentences. These can also be conversations some times, and I also can distinguish whether it is a male, female, or a child speaking...
Old 18-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Yes I get this but not just when falling asleep, sometimes I hear voices when meditating or when deeply relaxed or, conversely, stressed.

I'm not sure if they're spirit voices or not. They intensify when I've just woken up or in the hypnogogic state.
Old 18-05-2015, 10:19 PM
Pathfinder
I too hear voices when I'm falling asleep~! One time I heard a male voice say " Hello? Who are you ? Hello?" & I just ignored it & then he started singing horribly, like he couldn't sing high notes haha I had to polite ask to be quiet so I could sleep