Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 21-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Shabby

Methods of Healing

It is my understanding that when we say "Spiritual Healing" we mean any healing approach other than the traditional way.

I don't see a difference in the goal but in the path/belief used to bring about harmony in body and mind.

I know there is Energy Healing, Spiritual Healing and Faith Healing. If you know other methods please do share.

What is the belief behind each one of these healing methods?
Old 21-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Master

I disagree. I think both spiritual and faith healing are energy healing when it comes right down to it. I base this on the observation that once while I and another was doing a healing chant for a third, a bubble of golden healing energy formed around the target person. And we were not at any point casting a bubble or calling for energy specifically.
Old 21-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I disagree. I think both spiritual and faith healing are energy healing when it comes right down to it. I base this on the observation that once while I and another was doing a healing chant for a third, a bubble of golden healing energy formed around the target person. And we were not at any point casting a bubble or calling for energy specifically.

You disagree with what? With different methods? That's like saying all is faith healing.
Old 21-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Shabby

From Wikipedia:
Faith healing is healing through spiritual means. Believers assert that the healing of a person can be brought about by religious faith through prayer and/or rituals that, according to adherents, stimulate a divine presence and power toward correcting disease and disability. Belief in divine intervention in illness or healing is related to religious belief.[

Energy medicine, energy therapy or energy healing is a branch of complementary and alternative medicine that holds the belief that a healer is able to channel healing energy into the person seeking help by different methods: hands-on,[1] hands-off,[1] and distant[1][2] (or absent) where the patient and healer are in different locations

I found nothing in Wikipedia on Spiritual Healing as Mystics experience it and taught by Joel Goldsmith and Christian Science.
Old 21-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Master

No, I am saying that if you are doing faith healing then in reality you are unconsciously doing energy healing. It all comes down to the strength of intent. If you know a difference between divine power and spiritual energy then educate me.
Old 21-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
No, I am saying that if you are doing faith healing then in reality you are unconsciously doing energy healing. It all comes down to the strength of intent. If you know a difference between divine power and spiritual energy then educate me.

No I don't Whitewarrior...that is why I started this thread to get more education and opinions on what is out there.

I just see a difference as I originally stated in the belief behind each method. Faith for example believes in a higher power that we can ask for a healing to take place. This higher power is believed to be a part from us. This higher power is contacted through prayer or so. What stands out to me is that it is believed that this higher power can give something in form of a healing.The energy worker believes also in a power he/she can tap into and "channel". Here the healer is a medium...an in between person between a higher power and the person needing a healing.The mystic experiences itself to be one with that power...it IS that power....at least that is how I see...please correct if you see it different.
Old 21-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Shabby

On Christian Science I found this as I find it sums it up nicely:

Christian Scientists hold that the reality of being and of all that God makes is spiritual, not material. They see this spiritual reality as the only reality and all else as illusion or "error." Christian Science acknowledges that all people seem to be experiencing a material existence, but holds that this material existence ultimately yields to a true, spiritual understanding of God and creation.
Old 21-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Master

There is also inner child healing. The belief behind is that your subconscious is like a person that is a part of you. This has been the most effective method for me personally.
Old 21-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
There is also inner child healing. The belief behind is that your subconscious is like a person that is a part of you. This has been the most effective method for me personally.

Oh that makes sense...I can see the benefit of it. How does one connect to that "Inner Child"?
Old 21-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Oh that makes sense...I can see the benefit of it. How does one connect to that "Inner Child"?
Here is a meditation that I use..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq2Gh0VG_Oo