Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 21-09-2018, 08:07 AM
Soulmess

How does LoA actually work?

People say "what you believe will manifest" but why does the opposite always seem to manifest instead? How can you be sure? Every time I believe or want to give power to the positive yet remain aware of risks when an opportunity presents itself, the negative manifests instead? Am I not focusing hard enough? Does law of attraction require blind belief? Is spirituality similar brainwash to religion when it comes to believing in anything - because it really starts feeling like it. Does it require you pull lies over your truth or bend the way you really see things, so you can start believing the good stuff will happen? Or do I have to be more willful and persistent with manifesting my own truth? Can't the universe even mirror enough, so I could actually see where I'm going wrong instead of having to ask out loud and therefore compromise the manifestation to more dirt and lies, which are a risk?
Old 21-09-2018, 11:49 AM
When you’re vibrating purely, you get only what’s a match to that.
It’s your ambivalence: “I like that, but I don’t like that…I like that, but I don’t like that…”
that keeps what you like and what you don’t like coming at you all the time.-Abraham

I wonder if that quote would help?

Also, I would change my name you use here...
it just reinforces to the subconscious mind that you're a mess...not the message we want to send to ourselves or the world.
It's these seemingly simple things that we might think are funny or cute that program our beliefs.

It's the old...'Try not thinking of a pink elephant'....The mind doesn't hear the humor or the word 'not'.
The subconscious just sees 'mess'.

Take care

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-09-2018, 12:34 PM
Master
What is belief? Is it an anticipation, an imagination, a conditioning, a superstition...
Or a desire, a fear, an attachment?
How strong is the belief?
Probably if we ask ourselves these questions, deep within, we might get some answers! ����
Old 21-09-2018, 05:49 PM
Master
Hi Soul,

What are you trying to manifest through LOA? If it's to clean up emotions, then LOA isn't involved at all. It's most likely an energetic block which is another topic.

By trying too hard with LOA is telling me that you haven't released your desire of what you want to the universe. From my own experience with LOA, I formed my desire and released it, allowing the universe to bring it into my life. For example, I needed a job so that desire was strong and events happened to bring it about.

Desire and thinking about what you want is nice but not enough. You also have to show the universe that you mean it by taking physical actions towards your goal. Consistency is key. If you keep flip flopping around with LOA, you're sending out mixed messages so you get mixed results. One day, you want something, next day something else and yet the third day another thing. Those are all mixed.

Another universal law is the Law of Expectation (LOE). It's one that is relatively unknown as most people focus on LOA. With attracting what you want in your life, you begin with LOE which gets intertwined with LOA. If you wake up expecting a good day, LOE says, okay you want a good day. Then it triggers LOA to attract a good day to you. This also works if you wake up expecting a bad day. Both laws are neutral and begin with what you think. Again, if you give mixed expectations you get mixed results.

Another thing about the laws is that this is not a quick fix. It takes time for the universe to work behind the scene and the more people involved, the longer the time frame for manifestation.

I do agree that the subconscious does not recognize the word not. An example is, I don't want a bad day. The subconscious ignores the word 'not' so you end up with a bad day. If you said, I want a good day, the word 'not' is absent. Yes, it's a nit picky detail but an important one as the subconscious works so much differently than the conscious mind. Now for the word 'want'. When 'want' is used, you keep yourself in a state of want which can create lack. An example, I want money. Here is where you block yourself from getting a job. If 'want' gets changed to 'I wonder what it would be like to....(fill in the blank) you remove the possibility of creating a lack while opening yourself up to that experience.

I also agree with what Miss Hepburn said about your screen name.

Another thought. It seems to me that your awareness of risk may be interfering with what you want to manifest. Perhaps change it to, I can handle the opportunities that the universe places on my path.

I hope this helps. Blessings to you on your path.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 21-09-2018, 10:55 PM
Master
How does LoA actually work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulmess
People say "what you believe will manifest" but why does the opposite always seem to manifest instead? How can you be sure? Every time I believe or want to give power to the positive yet remain aware of risks when an opportunity presents itself, the negative manifests instead? Am I not focusing hard enough? Does law of attraction require blind belief? Is spirituality similar brainwash to religion when it comes to believing in anything - because it really starts feeling like it. Does it require you pull lies over your truth or bend the way you really see things, so you can start believing the good stuff will happen? Or do I have to be more willful and persistent with manifesting my own truth? Can't the universe even mirror enough, so I could actually see where I'm going wrong instead of having to ask out loud and therefore compromise the manifestation to more dirt and lies, which are a risk?

Soulmess,

To answer your question, I think you'll be very pleased to see that a very helpful answer is in an online book entitled "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind" by Dr. Joseph Murphy.

There is a chapter in this book that precisely answers the your question, entitled, "The Law of Reversed Effort & Why You Get the Opposite of What You Pray for", right on page 78 of 171!!

Basically it states that "When your desires and your imagination are in conflict, your imagination invariably gains the day". Why? I invite you to see why for yourself....

....especially when you see how comprehensively this book answers your post's question "How does LoA actually work?"

Hope the reference, below, helps....and just wait until you see ALL the other metaphysical writers available to answer even more excellent questions you may have.

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...7&postcount=53 "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind" by Dr. Joseph Murphy.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 21-09-2018, 11:13 PM
Yes! Joseph Murphy... Gotta understand the subconscious mind.

"The Game of Life and How To Play It"--Florence Scovel-Shinn

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-09-2018, 12:21 AM
Master

Quote:
I feel your frustration ...

The "law of attraction" works always! We attract in our lives what we think. Our thoughts materialize thought forms.

You can't materialize now what you'd like to. So, try a different approach: firstly convince yourself that the LOA is real, that it works!

Forget, for now, of wishing and expecting to happen. Begin with looking around yourself, and trying to identify what attracted a given situation that you can observe, be it in your life, or another's.

If you do this exercise purposefully, you'll eventually identify the thought that was the seed of that situation.

"Thoughts" include both intentional and unintentional, resulting both from wishes and beliefs. Emotions generate thoughts too. The energetic power behind a thought isn't proportional with only its length in time, but with its intensity, and its conviction too.

You'll observe, in time, that the situation you're analyzing is at least two different situations: one is the doer's, another one is the receiver's.

The receiver's situation isn't caused by the doer, as you believe now, but is caused by the receiver's expectations, beliefs, emotions.

If you care to put your mind power and your time into it, you'll eventually see how the LOA works always, and that it can't be prevented from working.
Old 22-09-2018, 12:55 AM
Guide
Quote:

Hi Soulmess, let me give you an example that happened to me when I first started using the LOA.

After I married and moved into my husband’s home, we slowly started renovating things to make it our home. The one thing I hated about the home was the linoleum in the kitchen, as I prefer a tiled floor in a kitchen. The problem was that his daughter and husband had put in the linoleum two years previously and she resented that we were changing things to the home. She told my husband no, that she did not want him removing the linoleum. He acquiesced, out of love.

So I put my faith in the LOA AND EVERY TIME I WALKED INTO THE KITCHEN, I said out loud “I love my new tiled kitchen floor!” In my mind, I had even picked out the color of the tile.

I didn’t know how I was going to get around the daughter’s objection, but I forced myself to focus ONLY on my vision of the kitchen. Three weeks after affirming my tiled floor, for some reason the linoleum started bubbling up near the fridge. Finally, after it was clear something was wrong with the floor, my husband investigated and discovered that the water line to our ice maker in the fridge had broken and water had seeped under the linoleum and warped it extensively!!!

We had to rip out the linoleum...and I got my new tiled floor! The daughter, I’m sure, thought I messed with the fridge, but I didn’t. I just put faith in the LOA that I had my new tiled floor. And it was as beautiful as I had imagined it would be!!

Focusing your beliefs/thoughts/feelings to the point of tunnel vision on something will greatly help you attract it. Best wishes!!!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 22-09-2018, 02:49 AM
Ha, I just listened to some Neville Johnson...an Aussie teacher, preacher.
He said to survive this place focus on Heavenly things.
Some things are so darn simple.