Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 16-02-2012, 01:55 AM
Kyane

A total pendulum newbie - help please?

Hello all,
I am currently interested in pendulum usage. However, there are a few things that I am concerned about. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me clear up my confusion and answer some questions! My search for solutions on the internet has been quite unsuccessful. In case you are wondering about my experience with pendulums, all I have done thus far is "testing" - basically holding it with my right hand and placing it over my left hand, imagining a vortex of energy being released by my left hand and thus making the pendulum move in circles.
#1. I wish only to use the pendulum as a tool for extending my intuition or reaching out to my Higher Self. I do not wish to contact Spirits, let alone perform divination/open psychic doors! This is my main concern when it comes to pendulum usage - if I am using a pendulum to channel my subconscious, is there a possibility that Spirits will be able to come through/establish (unwanted) contact with me while I am performing the act?
#2. As you can probably tell from the first question, I am quite paranoid. Are there any ways which I can protect myself while using a pendulum?
#3. What should I do once I receive my first 'real' pendulum (I have been using tiger's eye beads strung on a red string for the past few days as practice)? For example, one source I read said that I should keep the pendulum on my body for the first two weeks. Do you have any tips when it comes to "bonding" with a new pendulum?
#4. Is there anything I can do to increase the accuracy of my pendulum (for example, through being unbiased)? If there is, what is it and how should I go about doing it?
#5. I am having trouble thinking of the way questions directed to my pendulum (or more precisely, my subconscious) should be phrased. What should I do and what should I not do?
Thanks alot in advance!
- Kyane
Old 16-02-2012, 02:35 AM
Blooms Bright

Hi Kyane, I can share my experience with you regarding how I use my pendulum. However, I am not sure you will find all of the answers you seek.
I have two pendulums that I use. One I have purchased that consists of polished moonstone and the other I made using an acorn from a tree on our property. Prior to using I did clean them with sage, place them under the full moon, and sleep with it under my pillow. This is what I do with my tarot cards and just feels right, so why not with my pendulums.
Before working with my pendulum I do say a blessing and ask for guidance. Regardless of how trivial the task may be. I ask to be open-minded and ready to receive the information given.
I do use my dominant hand as that is how I am comfortable, but I have heard of others using the opposite. I also think for myself that intent is key. I am an extremely positive person and therefore do not think I am opening the door for any negative energy.
I am a firm believer that when you become intune with yourself , you will awaken your inner abilities and channel your energy. My practices may not be for everyone and that's OK, after all that's what makes us all unique.
I think that your questions are wonderful and I hope that someone is able to help you out. I wish you the best ~ although, I think you are going to do great : )

~as always, Bright Blessings
Old 16-02-2012, 03:56 AM
Kyane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooms Bright
Hi Kyane, I can share my experience with you regarding how I use my pendulum. However, I am not sure you will find all of the answers you seek.
I have two pendulums that I use. One I have purchased that consists of polished moonstone and the other I made using an acorn from a tree on our property. Prior to using I did clean them with sage, place them under the full moon, and sleep with it under my pillow. This is what I do with my tarot cards and just feels right, so why not with my pendulums.
Before working with my pendulum I do say a blessing and ask for guidance. Regardless of how trivial the task may be. I ask to be open-minded and ready to receive the information given.
I do use my dominant hand as that is how I am comfortable, but I have heard of others using the opposite. I also think for myself that intent is key. I am an extremely positive person and therefore do not think I am opening the door for any negative energy.
I am a firm believer that when you become intune with yourself , you will awaken your inner abilities and channel your energy. My practices may not be for everyone and that's OK, after all that's what makes us all unique.
I think that your questions are wonderful and I hope that someone is able to help you out. I wish you the best ~ although, I think you are going to do great : )

~as always, Bright Blessings

Thank you very much, Bright Blessings! I greatly appreciate your sharing of information and the encouragement. :)

- Kyane
Old 20-02-2012, 03:46 PM
astraltravel23

Hi Kyane,
I first found out about using the pendulem from Sonia Chaquette's first book and I started with a washer tied to a string. After awhile i bought a 'real' one and I keep it in an old chinese satin-covered heart box. I just sit at my kitchen table, take a few deep breaths and say:
I clear myself of all
unwanted influences
and I become a clear
channel to my higher self.
I ask only the highest forces
of God, my higher self and
my Guides to work through
this pendulum to offer me
guidance.

It is that simple.
Good luck,
Astraltravel