Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 11-01-2019, 05:10 AM
Knower

I'd say

Junk food is bad for the body

Uplifts the spirit.

Junk food can throw you off balance.

But is not directly bad for the spirit
Old 11-01-2019, 10:52 AM
Newbie ;)

Angel1 raw vegan or raw omnivore

I would love to hear your opinions on this. I come from veganism, where animal food is considered carrying bad karma and eventually is more grounding.

The obvious path was to go raw vegan. So after 2 years of standard vegan, I did it. For more than a year I was raw vegan/fruitarian.

Among the fruitarians, pranic people, breatharians and spiritual gurus, fruits are considered the highest type of food. It elevates you and makes you come closer to the spiritual you.

I am a person that aims to better understand myself, my path, why am I here, etc.. so I care about these topics. The problems with being a fruitarian was my weight. I reached 49kg x 1.83m and even if I was healthy all the time, it just didn't feel right. So since August 2018 I gradually switched from raw vegan to raw animal food diet

Here is the thing: I got back in shape (65kg x 1.83m) and I now I feel the urge to dig into spiritual stuff EVEN MORE So this is my point, the comparison between raw meat/eggs/dairy and raw fruits in these aspects. It is true that meat is heavier (in many ways) than fruits, but still..

All those people aforementioned put MEAT as the first item in the list of GET RID OF if you want to undertake a more spiritual path. My hypothesis is that they consider ONLY cooked meat, and not raw, genuine animal foods.

As a consequence of this, I am pushing my "one meal a day - omad" diet (since raw vegan times) even further. I was eating raw animal foods once a day, and now I desire to decrease the food as source of energy and increase the source from prana/chi

In fact, I am dry fasting with ease for a few days almost every week! I am willing to do even more, I feel that food is not that necessary. The days when I decide to eat, I am not counting calories and stuff, I just bless my food and eat until I feel satisfied. And I guess is below the "standard recommended amount of calories".

What are your feelings about this?
Old 11-01-2019, 11:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeit08
What are your feelings about this?
Welcome to the forums..

I must say I don't feel that good about what you wrote. Raw meat, eggs, and dairy can all give you disease. They are not safe choices! There's a reason people started to cook it. I'm worried about your weight. 49 kg with 1.83 would make you very underweight and 65 kg I would consider on the edge, but okay I suppose. It does mean you have visible bones but that's up for you to like or not. I don't really understand the fascination for raw diets in general. Some food will be more nutritious when cooked so why go all raw?

Animal food means more negative karma but we can never absolve karma from eating food, but there's a difference in awareness so eating plants is the lesser wrong. I think you were on the track with a normal vegan diet, and if you want animal food you can always go towards vegetarianism. Veganism is likely better though, but the minimum standard is vegetarianism. Often, a lacto-veg diet is preached, but I'm not too sure about eggs myself, especially unfertilized. Going towards raw meat or cooked meat is not gonna be beneficial spiritually. Why not just be a vegan and cook food?
Old 11-01-2019, 06:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Welcome to the forums..

I must say I don't feel that good about what you wrote. Raw meat, eggs, and dairy can all give you disease. They are not safe choices! There's a reason people started to cook it. I'm worried about your weight. 49 kg with 1.83 would make you very underweight and 65 kg I would consider on the edge, but okay I suppose. It does mean you have visible bones but that's up for you to like or not. I don't really understand the fascination for raw diets in general. Some food will be more nutritious when cooked so why go all raw?

Animal food means more negative karma but we can never absolve karma from eating food, but there's a difference in awareness so eating plants is the lesser wrong. I think you were on the track with a normal vegan diet, and if you want animal food you can always go towards vegetarianism. Veganism is likely better though, but the minimum standard is vegetarianism. Often, a lacto-veg diet is preached, but I'm not too sure about eggs myself, especially unfertilized. Going towards raw meat or cooked meat is not gonna be beneficial spiritually. Why not just be a vegan and cook food?

I agree that raw meats and dairy could be dangerous from a stand point of bacteria.

I also agree that many foods are actually more nutritious cooked as heating certain foods releases the nutrients where a human can absorb them.

What I do not agree with is this idea that consuming animal protein has any bad karma attached to it....in fact ...I'd say that millions of people around the world who follow "The Spiritual Path of the hunter" would disagree with this idea entirely and that it goes against the eons of genetic heritage of human beings being the "thinking hunter"

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 11-01-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
I agree that raw meats and dairy could be dangerous from a stand point of bacteria.

I also agree that that many foods are actually more nutritious cooked as heating certain foods releases the nutrients where a human can absorb them.

What I do not agree with is this idea that consuming animal protein has any bad karma attached to it....in fact ...I'd say that millions of people around the world who follow "The Spiritual Path of the hunter" would disagree with this idea entirely and that it goes against the eons of genetic heritage of human beings being the "thinking hunter"
The slaughter is 'bad' karma because it creates violence and is therefore not conducive to meditation and connection to the divine, which is a state of peace and love. To my knowledge ALL food creates karma. It's a matter of choosing those foods that come from sources, 'beings', that have less senses and capacity to experience pain and suffering. While plants may be aware they do not experience life the way animals do.

Lots of people have been on that path. It's rather empirical. Giving up meat is a basic ethic. Meat is also a heavy food, which takes longer to digest, and this means one is more stuck in body consciousness. And to make clear.. this isn't just ''an India thing''. Greek philosophers and various Christian sects throughout history have come to similar observations. And I recognize humans as civilized beings, that’s what we are and to reduce us to hunters in this context makes no sense and won’t even work with 7+ billions of people.

We will always disagree on these things. We start out from a fundamentally different angle and perspective on human nature. You emphasize ''how things are'' from a material point of view whereas I emphasize ''what we can strive to be'' and our unique capacity to practice compassion beyond our own kind. And I start with the notion that we are spiritual beings. So this is probably not going to be fruitful and it will be more pointless debate. I much rather talk about spiritual practices, sharing veg diets (and observations we have while following them) and discuss how we can make the world a better place.
Old 30-01-2019, 06:48 AM
Ascender
Yassss. Higher vibrational food, higher vibrational life!