Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Master
It's up to us how we define our beliefs, and our mind will do the rest. Instead of bombarding the mind with nonsense, it's better to actually cleanse the mind.

Since we started to believe in gods we hallucinate gods, when we became familiar with demons, we started to experience imps and succubus. When purple bears are widely accepted, we see purple bears. And when the old myths fade and we look beyond the earth, extraterrestrial beings are suddenly everywhere.

Some beliefs are innocent (purple bears), other beliefs can be dangerous. Sin and karma can inject fear and guilt in one's mind.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Quote:
Chrysaetos: Sin and karma can inject fear and guilt in one's mind.

I fully agree.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:35 PM
shepherd

Quote:
thank you everyone! i just can't seem to stop fearing them and what they can do, how they influence our thoughts etc

Rosewater, yes it can be hard to stop the fear and we can all advise you until we are blue in the face about how there is nothing to fear, but nothing will change until you realise for yourself your own truth. Start practising asking within about your beliefs, it is like having a conversation with yourself, some call it their guides, some call it higher consciousness, some call it the subconscious. But ask and listen and find out for yourself and realise for yourself the reasons why there is nothing to fear.

You are more powerful in mind than your realise, its time to wake it up from the sleepy spiritual stories and empower yourself to experience your truth from within and know that that will continue to evolve continually too.

I asked, then listened, then was shocked and then I was set free from such beliefs, swallowed a load of pride and just got on with it.

Seek open minded friends to support you (hint - there are plenty here) who wont force their beliefs on you but will encourage you to find it out for yourself.

You are safe, there is nothing to fear. Ask within, listen and keep on going deeper.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Master
thank you, i am trying to think postive just can't shake the frightened feeling..
Old 11-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Sangress

Quote:
does anyone else feel this way?

I have been through a lot in my life.. this was too much for me to swallow i think.. just knowing what's out there, that we can be exposed through itk, that spirit thinks going through negative events helps us gives us growth etc. I think i have been given more than i can endure as is.. been really breaking down bc of all of this.. anyone go through something simliar? how do you cope?

Fearing new things we do not understand and (subconsciously) see as a threat is natural. And reacting appropriately with emotions is natural too.

There is nothing wrong with it. I'm sure everyone goes through this at some points in their lives.

Perceptions change with understanding and experience though.

I'm a self-taught soloist "spiritual" person/being. I tend to trust my own intuition, instincts and understanding more than anything external.

I'm stubborn when it comes to beliefs. If I haven't experienced it, then its questionable. If I have experienced something similar to it then its likely to have some shred of "truth" to it. And if its my own beliefs based on more than eleven of my own experiences and can be linked up to some of my other beliefs, then it's "true" as far as I'm concerned.

I tend to "cope" these days by staying true to myself and my nature, but remaining open to others opinions, beliefs, perceptions, practices and knowledge.

(I also have a drive for survival that goes against my own logic and want's, which probably explains a lot of my coping so far. I seem to be unable to do anything BUT cope. Haha.)

Quote:
spirits, lower entities, aliens, negative events in the name of lessons, reincarnation, fate, karma, kundalini and going insane..

As for "darker" negative aspects of "spirituality"...hmm. I tend to be (or be seen as) one of the darker things that inspires fear, rather than actually feeling fear myself.

So I'm probably not the most reasonable soul to comment on such things. *Sadistic Grin.*
Old 11-11-2010, 11:51 PM
shepherd

Quote:
thank you, i am trying to think postive just can't shake the frightened feeling.

Simple but effective technique which will help you with how your feel.

Start writing down what you love about life. Start with something small like the iceing on cupcakes or the warmth of a shower when you step under the water. Get creative and write what you love feeling in life, remembering those times which made you laugh, giggle, smile in contentment. Write them down and say them out loud (has a great effect on the unconscious and conscious mind, endorphins etc as well as projecting love which by your beliefs is like a light in the dark which nothing can touch).

Move onto what you want in life, what it would feel like, what you love feeling, eg I love feeling stronger, more confident, more intune with myself. Add some powerful music if you like and feel how this changes your energy.

Say them out loud with passion, intention and purpose.

(great way to tell the unconscious to make these things happen too).

See how you feel after that.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Master
thank you sangress and wellsaid and no i don't fear you lol

sheperd - great advice i will try that, but is that repressing my emotions though?
Old 12-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Kapitan_Prien

Quote:
Shepherd: Start practising asking within about your beliefs, it is like having a conversation with yourself, some call it their guides, some call it higher consciousness, some call it the subconscious. But ask and listen and find out for yourself and realise for yourself the reasons why there is nothing to fear.

You are more powerful in mind than your realise, its time to wake it up from the sleepy spiritual stories and empower yourself to experience your truth from within and know that that will continue to evolve continually too.

...............Right on!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Kapitan_Prien

Essences for Inner Truth

(copied from my website's blog)

FES

Mullein

Positive qualities:
Strong sense of inner conscience, truthfulness, uprightness.

Patterns of imbalance:
Inability to hear one's inner voice; weakness and confusion, indecisiveness; lying or deceiving oneself or others.

Consciousness must also include conscience; as the soul gain greater awareness of itself it also acquires an inner voice or moral life. This morality must be generated from within; as long as laws or dictates are stamped on the personality from the outside, the Self will not develop real strength of character.

Mullein essence helps the individual at those times when it must wrestle with its own consciousness. It can be extremely beneficial for those who lack moral fortitude, and who may resort to dishonesty and deceit in conducting the affairs of the daily life. Through Mullein the soul awakens to its inner voice and develops the capacity to listen and respond to its true Self.

This remedy can be especially helpful when one must take a stand for personal authenticity, despite social pressure or confusing social mores. The Mullein flower assists the soul in achieving greater moral uprightness, infused with qualities of Light and Truth.

Walnut

Positivequalities:
Freedom from limiting influences, making healthy transitions in life, courage to follow ones own path and destiny.

Patterns of imbalance:
Overly influenced by the beliefs and values of family or community, or by past experiences.

Walnut flower essence - The human soul is akin to the plant in its patterns of growth. It grows slowly,almost imperceptibly from day to day, but there are moments when it makes radical, metamorphic changes, movingbeyond its current form to something utterly new. Thus the plant transforms from root, to shoot, to leaf, toflower, to fruit, to seed. Walnut flower essence is an important remedy for times of great life transition; itassists the soul in making metamorphic change.

This flower essence is indicated for those life passages when the Soul must becompletely and irrevocably transformed in order to continue its evolution. At these moments, the soul must beunwavering in its sense of inner purpose and conviction. If the mind experiences doubt or confusion, the progressof the Self is impeded, if not imperiled. Walnut flower essence is particularly helpful for those who may beeasily influenced by family ties, community mores, social conventions, strong personalities, or past habits,and who are unable to muster the strength to make a break with the past and with the ideas of others.

It is especially powerful in the mental field, helping to dispel any enchantment, illusion, or spell which may bind the soul tothe past. This remedy can be broadly applied and is valuable for all life transitions including birth and death,moving, career changes, and enduring or beginning relationships. Walnut flower essence helps the soul to perceiveand follow its true Star of Destiny.

Purple Monkeyflower

Positive qualities:
Inner calm and clarity when experiencing any spiritual or psychic phenomenon; the courage to trust in one's own spiritual experience or guidance; love-based rather than fear-based spirituality.

Patterns of imbalance:
Fear of the occult, or of any spiritual experience; fear of retribution if one departs from religious conventions of family or community.

Like the other Mimulus (Monkeyflower) species, Purple Monkeyflower addresses a state of fear within the soul.This flower particularly addresses fear related to experiences of a spiritual or psychic nature. Most typically,the Purple Monkeyflower is beneficial for those individuals whose great need for security and safety causes themto cling to conventional social-religious structures, even though these may not meet the real evolutionary needsof the soul. This prompts an inner guidance versus outer conventions or expectations.

The fear of “goingastray” and following one’s own authentic path can further be accentuated by harsh or judgmentalreligious dogma which includes threats of retribution or condemnation. This remedy is a powerful cleanser andstabilizer for projections based on cultural-religious superstition.

Purple Monkeyflower is also indicated forintense fear, hallucinations, or paranoia that may result from abrupt or unexpected psychic openings, such asthrough drugs, cultic ritual abuse, or psychic manipulation. In such cases the soul develops profound fear ofthe spiritual world as being demonic or horrific. The path of healing for such souls is that of courage – togain one’s own authentic experience by encountering spiritual phenomena in a calm and conscious manner.Through this courage, the soul is able to find true spiritual guidance, sustenance and support for life on Earth.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:31 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
thank you, i am trying to think postive just can't shake the frightened feeling..
Return to your senses, return to your body, return to the earth, return to what is solid and stable.

Thinking, no matter whether positive or negative, has probably brought you to the present state.
How can you expect that more thinking of whatever kind will get you out of it?