Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
great read, thanks for sharing.

Hi Gracey! You are very welcome, my sister. Thanks for sharing here, and I really dig that Hazrat quote too! Very wise teacher.
Old 28-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
What resonated with me in the first part is yes we must not have to be consciously creating to create. If so, I have failed because I find that I cannot make myself be present or consciously aware of what I am doing for very long.
I also liked what I think you were saying that unconsciously we go to bed trusting that we will wake up. Nice.
I also like how you said that we can trust that we are loved unconditionally regardless of our differences of perception.
Very nice post Imo and I honor you and your energy of humility and oneness and respect for all aspects of spirituality as comes across in your eloquent words.
Blessings, James

Great to see you again, as always, James! This particular message was written as a bridge to a "pure non-dualistic" school of thought, singling out certain basic ideas about the nature of trust as expressed in human consciousness. Deep appreciation, brother.
Old 28-03-2011, 03:32 PM
clovelly

Thanks Simon, you have described trust so eloquently, and it is all something we must learn in our lives.
Old 28-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by clovelly
Thanks Simon, you have described trust so eloquently, and it is all something we must learn in our lives.

how do you "learn" to trust? trust is like faith. it's not something one can manufacture at will. one either feels it or one doesn't.

help me out here because i don't trust myself and so i don't trust much of anything, aside from stuff like tides rise and ebb with the phases of the moon and the earth will turn upon axis giving the appearence that the sun rises and sets.
Old 28-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
i have an excellent imagination so i don't trust myself to be able to discern what is real and what is delusion. i tend to take it for granted that whatever i imagine i'm perceiving is skewed by my desires, fears and predjudices. i don't trust anything that goes on in my head and it's a frustrating conundrum since all i have are my perceptions.

Hi IQ! An excellent imagination is a great teacher, companion and bridge which, along with trust, can help one transcend perception. Awesome.
Old 28-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Karlos
Hi IQ! An excellent imagination is a great teacher, companion and bridge which, along with trust, can help one transcend perception. Awesome.

yeah i enjoy may imagination (most of the time) but ... i don't trust. **sigh** i envy you trusting people. i imagine my inabilty to trust is a major stumbling for me and besides that ... it causes me frustration and not a little sadness.
Old 28-03-2011, 04:10 PM
clovelly

Quote:
how do you "learn" to trust? trust is like faith. it's not something one can manufacture at will. one either feels it or one doesn't.

help me out here because i don't trust myself and so i don't trust much of anything, aside from stuff like tides rise and ebb with the phases of the moon and the earth will turn upon axis giving the appearence that the sun rises and sets.

.....'learn' was the wrong word, it's late and I should be going to bed.

Your so right, trust is like faith (both the same?) & I think that we gain these attributes when we do reconnect with our spirit, even if it's only for a fleeting moment.

I, like most people have the same problem as you, trusting myself, but Simon words are a beautiful affirmation when dis-trust enters the mind: Trust in your sense of Who-You-Are, and however you define "you" is perfectly fine and ever-changing.

Good night xxx
Old 28-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Simon Karlos

Angel1

Quote:
yeah i enjoy may imagination (most of the time) but ... i don't trust. **sigh** i envy you trusting people. i imagine my inabilty to trust is a major stumbling for me and besides that ... it causes me frustration and not a little sadness.

Ah, my good friend, it is not "people" that I trust, but in the True Nature of people, which can only come when I trust the True Nature in myself. It seems to me that you have a powerful sense of trust, spiritually speaking.
Old 28-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Karlos
Ah, my good friend, it is not "people" that I trust, but in the True Nature of people, which can only come when I trust the True Nature in myself. It seems to me that you have a powerful sense of trust, spiritually speaking.

(((hugs))) and lol when i used the term "trusting people" i meant folks like you who are able to trust in such concepts as "True Nature". it's likely you trust my "True Nature" more than i do since all my self concepts are suspect as far as i'm concerned. all my spiritual concepts seem self serving to me. no matter how altruistic the concept i conjure i always manage to find a kernal of selfishness hidden within it. how can i trust someOne so self deceiving as i am?
Old 28-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
(((hugs))) and lol when i used the term "trusting people" i meant folks like you who are able to trust in such concepts as "True Nature". it's likely you trust my "True Nature" more than i do since all my self concepts are suspect as far as i'm concerned. all my spiritual concepts seem self serving to me. no matter how altruistic the concept i conjure i always manage to find a kernal of selfishness hidden within it. how can i trust someOne so self deceiving as i am?

Well, there's the "self" an then there's the Self, that Transcendental Reality that is unconditionally loving, that can be felt and known intuitively. It is the latter that I am interested in, and where I ultimately choose to return my awareness to when it strays. The Self (AKA True Self or True Nature) that I speak of here is experienced deeply as a FELT-SENSE of well-being and oneness, to put it into words, and it so being "Self-ish" in this sense is natural, healthy and all-inclusive, because no one is left out of my heart, you see. This is the nature of compassion. It has nothing to do with any teachings, beliefs, people, things, etc., and yet it leaves nothing and no one out of its embrace. I like the Mother Teresa quote where she said, "Compassion has nothing to do with religion." Even the Pope doesn't accept this, but Mother Teresa did, because her awareness and sense of being of loving service transcended man-made belief systems.

It is good to suspect one's own beliefs systems and motives for awhile, so as to go deeper to their root cause, the core beliefs behind them. And it is quite possible for one to do this, if desired, and with self-love and grace at the same time. As long as one makes trust about "others" in any way, that person is missing the point of what trust is about. It is about self-love, period. Not even meditation is superior to self-love (but if one is truly loving and graceful in their meditation, then meditation becomes an expression of self-love).

As I mentioned in my previous message, I am not trusting people (and this includes "Simon"). People are projections of consciousness, and not where trust should be aimed at. Trust is intended for the very Source. If anything, one can simply see it as trusting in their own inner sense of well-being. It is actually so very simple, and with consistent practice it is seen to be "easy," because it really is. Being loving is our True Nature. Every person ever born has proved that the minute they exited their mother's womb. All babies are loving and without judgment. This is an obvious fact. "Be like a newborn baby," I say.