Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish How Wide Is Your Field of Vision?

Rukmini: Guruji, I know you said that God speaks to us in the forms of nature as well. I love to meditate, but my question is, how do I become able to hear Him in this way?

Guruji: Let us suppose that you are on a walk through the village. Perhaps you were thinking about something specific, something troublesome, but the sights and sounds of your surroundings have somehow taken your attention. You begin to relax. Up ahead is an old man sitting on a rock, carving something from a piece of wood. As you come close to him, he looks up and smiles at you. Now, what has happened?

Rukmini: Well, I'm not sure. He is friendly, that I know.

Guruji: God has just spoken to you! Did you catch it? Let us continue. You decide to pass by the temple, and as you do so a warm aroma of fresh-baked chapatis drifts into your nostrils and your hunger is aroused. What has happened? What does this mean? Again, God has spoken to you! Later on you may notice children playing ball in the marketplace. What is this? God has spoken. God, you see, wants to wake you up! He wants to awaken your joy, and He will use whatever means available in your field of vision to accomplish this. The question is, my child, how wide is your field of vision?
Old 12-04-2011, 01:03 AM
Master
I love it! Ever broadening your perspective is indeed a worthy path.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:32 AM
CuriousVagabond

I really enjoy this post, a wonderful perspective. Thank you.(:
Old 12-04-2011, 10:15 AM
bbr

Very nice. The same basic message is found thoughout many of Tolstoy's works: Where Love Is, There God Is Also, for example.
Old 15-04-2011, 05:22 AM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
I love it! Ever broadening your perspective is indeed a worthy path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousVagabond
I really enjoy this post, a wonderful perspective. Thank you.(:

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr
Very nice. The same basic message is found thoughout many of Tolstoy's works: Where Love Is, There God Is Also, for example.

Thanks bbr & everyone. Tolstoy! Yes, he was very attuned to Spirit. Excellent.
Old 19-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Seven

I'm always happy to see someone post something so useful :)
Thanks, nice message ^^
Old 19-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
I'm always happy to see someone post something so useful :)
Thanks, nice message ^^

I'm always happy to see someone with true gratitude such as you post something so kind and considerate! Thank you, my friend, and a hearty "You are welcome."