Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-05-2017, 09:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
Do we have free will?

Sometimes this question is pertinent in the Spiritual journey and sometimes it's totally irrelevant. I'm going through an irrelevant stage were i don't even understand that question anymore

And yet and yet I've written plenty of questions and sought answers about that question many times ? What does it mean ..that i can have effectual action in my life, influence on how things are going in this human drama ..i think the answer to that is Yes i can do that ..is that free will ?

Its funny because when you think you have free will ..and full expression of it, its then that you may be lead to see that its just a function of life as you live and perceive it here ? And so you seek what they call the will of God or a greater answer. So free will really answers nothing, i think, Whether you have free will or no free will doesn't help you to wake up or have a deeper realisation about yourself.

Joe

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 28-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman
There's just one little problem with your theory......you wouldn't actually go out and do those things, would you? No, you wouldn't. Or if you did, you would feel resistance. Why would you feel resistance? Because you do not have free will. If you had free will, you would be able to do literally anything and feel no resistance whatsoever. Your will is tied to your conscience
You are directing this topic into a real dialogue. Very nice. You're correct: the resistance that comes about as a result of the evolution of the moral responsibility component. Perhaps the #1 reason and purpose of existence itself (top 3 anyway), and a topic people never discuss or don't want to talk about because it implies they have to live their life a certain way. And because it implies certain eternal truths exist that are applicable to all souls. And we all know what individualist rebels we all are and like to think we are, especially once we "awake" and become "spiritual."

Yes, once the higher purpose has been consciously identified and taken up by the soul, it is bound by moral duty to that higher purpose. But not forced, only bound, which is a critical element to all this. Ultimately, the soul is always free to choose. And it's here we get into the realm of karma and karmic responsibility, the real heart and soul of this discussion. At which point questions regarding lower human free will activity (ego), fade away as entirely inconsequential.

Last edited by Baile : 28-05-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Old 28-05-2017, 11:26 PM
Master
It can be seen in two ways: in terms of will power, and in terms of being willing.

In this way, one can approach their life with a force of will, like, I will do what it takes, or approach it willingly, like, I am willing to do what it takes.
Old 31-05-2017, 01:00 PM
Master
I fully believe in freewill! I choose to focus on the positive of what ppl have done. Where i live i have seen bald eagle's, white pelicans, and other birds i have never seen before. Thats the hard work of people choosing to do something about it instead of sitting around complaining. Lets be one of them people and do great things.
Old 31-05-2017, 03:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It can be seen in two ways: in terms of will power, and in terms of being willing.

So true in free will. As you decide you will find sometimes you need will power as others will object in what you decide. We all know that feeling. Sometimes free will just isn't worth it...lol.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:32 AM
Master
Freewill at work

Last edited by hallow : 21-06-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Old 24-06-2017, 02:33 AM
Master
Do you have a will to live?
Old 24-06-2017, 05:34 PM
Newbie ;)

I think the Creator(source) invented free will & expected every being to make their own path without controlling one another. but some humans have(unknowingly) given their power away to authorities (governments, religions) to govern them & provide answers for them. Most people now look to the outside systems for education, jobs, medical care, entertainment, among others & yet don't realize that all the answers are deep within their psyche. These systems have been created malevolent higher dimensional beings like archons & Annunakis who pose as our creators & have constantly fed on our energies for millions of years. But now that people are awakening, they can now slowly take power back into their hands.
Old 24-06-2017, 06:32 PM
Knower

You are so free you can choose bondage.
Old 26-06-2017, 04:34 PM
Master

Was thinking about truth and free will and I realized how do we address force to free will and truth. Do we realize how much we compromise this stuff and compromise.