Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 07-05-2017, 06:44 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Never heard of Sjw in my life and I know many 20-30 yr olds that
only deal with ethically oriented foods and clothes, etc...I'm surprised they
put gas in their cars!

I am surprised! I thought everyone knew what that term means. I guess I have been living in a bubble.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:39 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
put gas in their cars!

O come on, you live in California. You expect them to walk for their food? hahahaha
Here in Amsterdam it's easy enough to get your food without a car. A bycicle helps a lot though.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:01 AM
Newbie ;)

We're social justice warriors now? Gosh if people are using social justice for an insult...I mean, i'll take that
Old 08-05-2017, 01:05 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyesociety
We're social justice warriors now? Gosh if people are using social justice for an insult...I mean, i'll take that

For me it's all about context. SJW's are typically a pejorative for people who push political correctness, and large government institutions. Although I am in strong favor of respect and kindness to all animals, I also take a firm stand against big government. Big meat and dairy are in bed with government, lobbying for subsidies which means my tax dollars are used to fund cruelty. Being called an SJW makes it appear all vegans are partisan when in fact I think it should not be political at all.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:05 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyesociety

For me it's all about context. SJW's are typically a pejorative for people who push political correctness, and large government institutions. Although I am in strong favor of respect and kindness to all animals, I also take a firm stand against big government. Big meat and dairy are in bed with government, lobbying for subsidies which means my tax dollars are used to fund cruelty. Being called an SJW makes it appear all vegans are partisan when in fact I think it should not be political at all.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Experiencer
I suppose vegans are just ahead of society. And they have to live with that.

Attitude is very important imo. I have learned a lot about life after death, why we are here and where we come from. Through talks with other people it became even more clear to me how important it is to be aware of your attitude. Towards other people, towards yourself, towards animals and even to plants and trees. They all have conscious.
Being vegan is no guarantee you will go to a sphere of light in the afterlife after your done here. It depends on your attitude. But I suppose most vegans do go to a sphere of light after their earth life has ended. Because of their compassion with animals.

Heaven is not granted to you if you live good. You build your heaven yourself by your actions and feelings. It's your very attitude towards others in all senses that determines what kind of heaven you will 'fit' in.

Also the notion that masters of light are all vegan made it easier for me to make the switch. But I hardly ever use that as an argument in conversations about diets. That is way too vague and distant for most people.

So it's also very important how you approach non-vegan people. They too are on their way back to reunite consciously with God. There was a time when vegan people were just as unaware as any other non-vegan person.
Everybody progresses in their own time.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:51 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
put gas in their cars!

It hasn't been that long since electric cars and hybrids have become attainable by the average person, but I suspect that more and more you will see that they are the coming thing. Slated to rise by 100% in numbers in the coming year.

And yes, while driving is a big source of environmental destruction (bad for the animals and us), the meat industry is worse. And at least vegans and to a lesser extent, vegetarians have stepped away from that cause of destruction. So my entirely non-partisan thinking is, that being a SJW and actively promoting truth (we all feel pain, we all need the planet to live on, we all want to live and make our journey 'Home' in our own time) is a good thing. Too bad it happens so little with the masses focussing more on their own journeys and at major cost to anyone who gets in the way.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:15 AM
Experiencer
If you get annoyed with non-vegans you don't really understand the concept of love from a spiritual point of view.

Love from a spiritual point is about a greater unity with all life. A deeper felt connection with everything that lives: animals, plants and humans too of course.
Vegans are basically more evolved in their sense of love because they don't hurt animals anymore. That means they have a greater harmony with animals. And that results in a more harmonious world in the afterlife.

But you don't use that love against other people. You use your love to EMBRACE other people. Also to embrace non-vegans. That is how you increase your sense of harmony. And that will result in a more luscious world in the afterlife.
And if non-vegans don't want your love then that is up to them. That is how they shut themselves off from a greater sense of unity and a more luscious world in the afterlife.

On the other hand, non-vegans are just as well capable of showing a great sense of harmony. They too can have so much love towards all life that they live in a luscious world too. Those people will never annoy you. But with respect to eating meat, animal food, there will remain a gap between them and vegans.
It's all about becoming aware of your dark aspects. About becoming aware of what aspects are not loving and in harmony towards all other life.

Don't blaim yourself if you lack a sense of love in whatever way. Learn how to change. Learn how to refrain from bad habits, from habits that lack love and harmony. And try to be more open towards other people and all other life.

When I dream in my sleep I am usually in a dark kind of place. And when I wake up I always think, is that all the love I have within me? Is this how I really am? Is that all I have to give?
But on the other hand, it doesn't help me so much to show my awareness of harmony and love while I sleep. Because those are the places where I do fine already. I am fine overthere. It's the dark places that I need to work on. Those are the places where I need to change my feelings and attitude towards others.

That is the challenge for us here on earth. How we need to grow. How we need to feel and to think.

Don't let people get to you with their negative thinking. Protect your space. Protect your sense of unity and harmony. Don't get annoyed.
If you get annoyed you lose your sense of unity and basically you lose your contact with the luscious world in the afterlife. You hide yourself from it by your annoyance.
You can't see the afterlife while you are here. But you will when your time is over here.

Build on your awareness.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:30 AM
Experiencer
So the label Social Justice Warrior doesn't really fit the content. It would be more proper to say Social Justice Lover.

Using the phrase 'warrior' typically shows it origins from an unconscious mind towards harmony and love.

A social justice lover is just trying to build a better world. Just like Jesus Christ tried to do.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Knower
If you don't give yourself or others labels, you won't be harmed by anything anyone says about you.