Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-05-2017, 05:09 AM
Master
Karma does happen.

I just received word that my father has been sentenced to 5 yrs in jail, for something he may/not have done.

According to him, he had a brief relationship with this woman, but broke it off when he realised that she was only after his money - he is a multi-millionaire, but refused to pay any bail because by not spending a cent in his whole life is how he became a multi millionaire.

He honestly, truly and honestly believes that he can take all his money with him after he dies and that things are very expensive in heaven...even the cost to get into heaven, it costs a million dollars...thus, the people who have no money and cannot afford to pay God, go straight to hell.

Of course, I told him about what Jesus said about the camel and the needle...he went 'oh, poor people must have made that up and put it in the Bible'...there was just no convincing him otherwise....he believed that people have been brainwashed by Satan to spend...spend...spend...so they can't get into heaven and he can have those souls all to himself.

Anyway, after he realised that the woman actually wanted him to spend money on her, he dumped her...and after that (according to him), she went "unless you give me a million dollars, I am going to go to the police and tell them that you raped me"...of course, my father went "I am not going to do that...do whatever you want to"...and so she did.

She went with her legal aid counsel, her psychiatrist, and turned on all of the crocodile tears about how my father 'ruined her life' and how she couldn't function anymore because he had raped her years ago (when they only knew each other for a few months) and she was too scared at the time to go to the police/doctors and report it because she feared for her life as my father also abused and threatened her...it was a huge production to get a million dollars through the legal system...because she was destitute and needed the money...this was the easiest way.

Of course, my father denied raping her, but I knew that he was highly abusive (he abused me as a child), a control freak...a tax cheat...a fraudster (registering his car at my brother's address in the country so he wouldn't have to pay the city excess levy)...and I have even witnessed him shoplifting...he is the type who will go around a produce market and take all the samples until he has had his fill.

When I found out he was in jail for statutory rape, I laughed with a 'so, I see, karma has finally caught up with the old bloke'. Mum asked me 'do you believe he raped that girl?' I said "I don't care about that...he should have gone to jail hundreds of times over for things he has done in the past, but managed to get away with it...now, he is doing his time for all those things...he may not have thought anybody was watching, but God watches and doesn't act until God is ready to act".

He'll probably die in jail now, unless he will spend his money on an appeal, but he won't.

Suffice to say, karma is real.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:12 AM
Master
So, my mum just phoned me. My father has been convicted and jailed for 30 years for not only rape, but paedophilia, fraud and having 3 unlicensed firearms - they dug into his whole life and threw the book at him.

He is 80 now which means that he will die in jail and they have taken him off all the medication that has been keeping him alive.

My brother went to visit him yesterday in maximum security prison and told my mother that he is like a skeleton and looks 150...he refuses to eat...he refuses to shower and his skin is totally blue. He is not allowed to have toilet paper or eating utensils or a blanket...they are trying to hasten his death process.

I feel sad, but I don't know why...trying to work out if this emotion I am feeling is compassion or pity - I could never really tell the difference between the two.

All I know, as the Lord just pointed out to me - he suffered a major coronary 10 years ago and died...but was brought back to life. That was his 'wake up call' but he never woke up. He had the chance to do some right...some good in the world with his 'life extension' but never took it...it was all "ME! ME! ME!" as far as he was concerned.

This is more God's punishment than man's...squandering a precious life and given many opportunities which he either scoffed at, ignored or took for granted...it wasn't a case of being guilty or innocent of the charges before him...it was God saying "so, you have fought Me to live eh?...let's see if you like living this way then".

I can only pray this undignified end to his life is brought to a close very soon because no matter what he did, I wouldn't even treat a dog that way...so I guess that is compassion.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:50 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterandFire
Hello all, this is my first post!

I just had a realization. I have been plagued with a nagging sense of guilt that I think stems from past lives in which I killed people and deserted people. But I realized that karmically I will have to pay for it, so there's no need to feel guilty at all. I will pay my dues and am paying my dues. I'm just scared for how much more suffering awaits me.

I hope I posted this in the right forum. What do you all think?

either 100% or ZERO ......

100% continuing on with suffering in this belief pattern ~

The Potential for it to be ZERO ~!

A Course In Miracles (original text) ......
The Power Of NOW (Eckart Tolle)
The Secret of Letting Go (Guy Finley)

or no reading at all ..... and retreating instead in Nature , Walking Meditations along a river or lake ........ give 3 hours each day to yourself FIRST and Making the connection to the Divine Spark within you !
Old 02-06-2017, 04:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade

Karma is nothing more than cause and effect.....

I think the spiritual person should expand on this first. Who is the owner of cause and effect, just yours. A person comes up to you and gets in your personal space and confronts you. In that moment there is a choice in that karma waiting. One can say that. Our karma is tested, one's anger then is from what cause. There can be only one effect predicted from one cause.

Quote:
The trouble with Past Life exploration is often that we don't have anywhere near the whole picture, at best we have snippets and snapshots. If those people that you murdered or left alone forgave you in Spirit, where does that put Karma? ..... because that could have stunted their Spiritual Development.

Wow, very intense and thought provoking indeed. I've forgiven people and it changed nothing. Jesus introduced this most powerful thought that anyone can forgive, has the authority and right to but it is not often used. But according to karma's accepted definition as well as teaching no one's spiritual growth is stunted though. It is a predetermined journey. Forgiveness must be accepted to and it is required to say it more then once, sometimes many times. We are creatures of proof and stimuli....lol.

I often compare such kinds of thought as above to be sins within respect of formal believing, a cause and effect not taught but it might be applied. However, based on (my) experience I am only aware of this from my experience so I cannot say whose spiritual development is stunted as you put it. Without the experience and experiencing I could never have imagined it and there would be little or no learning. It somehow determines my action when I am told it should be other. I find I act differently then others put in the the same cause and effect, so who is right btw. To awaken it seems is to sin.