Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-05-2017, 11:23 AM
Newbie ;)

the problem as I see it, is which hell would you go to? Christian hell? Muslim hell?
Old 05-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundana66
the problem as I see it, is which hell would you go to? Christian hell? Muslim hell?
I Want to go to the AC/DC hell.
Old 19-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Pathfinder

If Punishment By Government Unavoidable Theist & Atheist Act Similarly

Q) When atheistic ethical living with material prosperity is possible, what is the need for religion or spirituality?

Swami Replied:
As I have already told that such living is impossible like 'night sun' for major part of life in which the ethical side is rejected due to absence of the possibility of punishment to be given by government to the sin done by anybody, achieved by tricky intelligence. When the situation comes in which the punishment by government is unavoidable, both the theist and atheist behave in similar way by not doing the sin following the ethical side just for the publicity to show his/her best nature for getting fame. Such hypocrisy cannot be appreciated. But, once the situation in which there is every chance to avoid the punishment to the sin from the government comes, the atheist and theist defer. In such punishment-avoidable situation, the atheist will do the sin because in such situation also if sin is not done for selfish benefit, he/she thinks that it will be mere foolishness. When the sin can be done for selfish benefit and its punishment is surely avoidable, even an ordinary human being thinks “why should I loose the advantage if there is no harm at all in it?” Such thinking is perfectly justified by simple common sense also because there is no need of fearing for the injustice if the punishment is surely avoidable. Going one step further, we may say that it is not sin at all because sin can be defined as the act that is punishable by God even if you escape the legal punishment here. If God given punishment is absent due to non-existence of God, it is not sin at all. It means that sin, undetectable by government, is not sin at all. Similarly, a good deed like charity etc., need not be done secretly since there is no reward for it at least in the form of public fame. But, the mentality of theist is different in this situation. This mentality feels that even if he/she escapes the punishment of sin here, the omniscient and omnipotent God certainly will punish it there, if not here. Similarly, a good deed like charity done even without publicity will be rewarded by God here or at least there. I do not say that such mentality of the theist will totally control the sin because even theists do sins secretly if the punishments here are avoidable. But, I can certainly say that in absence of such mentality, sins will be done by theists to the fullest extent. What I mean is that at least such mentality controls the sin to some extent even if it cannot completely eradicate the sin. Something is better than nothing. Such mentality will certainly grow like a seed into a tree aided by the spiritual knowledge increasing the awareness of God more and more acting as water and fertilizer. It is the best to accept this strongest probability of existence of God, especially when there is no trace of loss even if God is non-existent as a result of 50-50 probability. The no loss on one side and several advantages on the other side will make this concept stronger and stronger resulting in strongest. Since this concept is developed based on the perfect foundation of theory of probability, applying all modes, any human being will appreciate this concept irrespective of the stage of his/her education and profession because this is a concept based on simple logical common sense.
Old 24-05-2017, 12:13 AM
Master
What has been born out in modern day is that "sin" is something humanity has fallen into from something else. So there are no exceptions whether religious or atheist.
Sin, involving "space/time", and this evolved animal/mammal, organic situation in which we find ourselves.
Which modern science since Einstein says is, "illusory". Born upon frequency, vibration, and resonance.

This gross manifestation is not our true and actual state and situation.
This is what we fell into, which the Almighty atoned for through His own Son, and on our behalf. As John stated, " The Lamb of God Who takes away the sins of the world!", before Almighty God.

As we read also regarding this fallen state and "Matrix"...

As well, Jesus Himself stated, "This good news shall be preached unto all the world, and then the end shall come."
Today, we are in the "day" of, "The World Wide Web".
The global internet.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-05-2017, 11:07 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
I hear many people say that you go to hell if you don't believe in Christianity. That includes other religions out there who would make the same claim. I cannot make myself believe no matter what and I have researched all I could into everything I could possibly read into, and I just have to remain undecided. My undecided mindset is the result of a truly honest open mind and open heart. Will I go to hell since I could not believe? Furthermore, do I need to dedicate and serve my life to a God who I don't even believe in the first place in order to be saved from hell?

Please take note that I have tried everything I possibly could and I still cannot believe. There are many other people out there who have tried as well with a truly open mind and heart (for many years, btw) and they cannot believe either. As for those who did believe who claimed they finally realized the truth, I have no way of knowing if they did not keep an open mind like me and that it was their close mindedness that lead them to believe or not.

As for me, there is no way to convince me and I am officially done trying to seek out the Lord. I have no further interest and I am not going to waste my life for what might be years and years over something that might not even be true in the first place. So, why am I here then if nothing can convince me? It is because I am simply wondering if I would go to hell anyway (providing Christianity or other religions are real) over a disbelief that I was genuine and honest about.

I am a kind and respectful person, but I only live for my own good feelings. I have no interest in helping others. So, is that a good enough heart that would earn my way into heaven or not?

you're already in hell ... this is all there is
Old 24-05-2017, 11:11 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected
You don't determine that.
Old 25-05-2017, 02:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminarium
You don't determine that.

but pretending you are someplace 'nice' just to make yourself feel better gets old after a while too.
Old 25-05-2017, 03:00 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
but pretending you are someplace 'nice' just to make yourself feel better gets old after a while too.
Hell is a mindset, that show’s ‘chaos’. Pretending? Letting it decide what befalls you as your fate. When it only does, if you let it.

Lying doesn’t resolve it.
Old 25-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminarium
Hell is a mindset, that show’s ‘chaos’.
Anyone truly and sincerely interested in changing their lot should read and re-read Luminarium's comment here. And that's just the starting point. After that, you have to ACT. Complaining about life isn't action. Blaming life and calling it hell is easy. It's intellectualizing and a comfortable distraction. Whereas the practical work of making one's life better takes real effort. It's uncomfortable because you have to be honest and face yourself. And you have to work on yourself. You have to change your chaotic mindset.
Old 25-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected

In stating that, it becomes apparent you don't regard modern science.

In fact, you don't understand, or regard, what "this" really is.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein