Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-05-2016, 02:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The gnostics also say ' The kingdom of heaven is within ' and they are said to be written long before the NT.

All the gnostic gospels are thought to have been written after the 2nd century with the exception of about 50% of the Gospel of Thomas, which very likely predates the synoptic gospels. But the other 50% of Thomas was a later addition, reflecting the developing gnostic view. For instance, the Gospel of Thomas says to seek the kingdom of heaven within and without, which adds to the synoptic gospels version which says seek the kingdom of heaven within.

Adding material to the gnostic gospels and creating new gnostic gospels was considered an authentic source because this material was considered to have been directly transmitted by the risen and eternal Jesus (ie. channeled), thus authentic. Of course all this 'transmitted' material supported gnostic beliefs, as it was channeled by biased human beings.

Quote:
The Gnostic Gospels are a collection of about 54 ancient texts based upon the teachings of several spiritual leaders, which were written from the 2nd to the 4th century AD.
wikipedia

Quote:

Unless we are content to chronicle a cacophony of conflicting views of Jesus based on pure speculation or passionate whimsy, historical investigation is non-negotiable.

http://www.equip.org/article/the-gno...hey-authentic/
Old 13-05-2016, 05:39 AM
mindanalyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Why not be your own saviour with the help of the teachings of Jesus?

Because we are not God, nor were we sent to die for the sins of all, to be the way to the Father
Old 14-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Suspended
If you are a constant Christian, you wouldn't continue your life or enlightenment with a"but". And if there is a contradiction, that is not constant.
Old 14-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpirituallyEnlightene​d
I consider myself a 'Christian' but over the past few years I feel there is some further knowledge which cannot be found in any written texts such as the Bible.

I believe there is Jesus as our Saviour and 'God', however, I feel there is more to this. I don't believe anyone on this earth would know exactly who 'God' is. The Bible is there yes, but I believe there is more to this than what is written.

I find it annoying how certain 'Christians' flaunt the Bible everywhere as the remedy for everything.

Anyone else feel this way? How do I overcome this feeling?

Really, I am starting to drift away in my faith after having several spiritual encounters.

It's not necessary to put down something which helps you feel whole and at peace with the most high because many false people weild it's pages with an intent to control or gain power. I believe it's more important that you yourself make choices which maintain innocense and also belief in you.

I don't consider it necessary for you to overcome the feeling you mention, just to dissociate it from god and your own religion. I believe it actually says in the bible that the new testament will be written in the hearts of men, and this may be what you experience when you believe you understand better, the way of goodness than those who bible-quote. And I would fundamentally agree.

quoters, are not christians IMO. They are quoters, dabblers who pick and mix things to serve their pride, jealousy, anger, whatever else (their Ego essentially).

You have a connection to the Most High, you don't need to be blown by the winds of others.

I hope this helped x
Old 21-04-2017, 04:22 PM
Experiencer

Oh wow, I feel exactly the same, so glad I'm not the only one..
Old 21-04-2017, 05:33 PM
Master
There is more to it because Christianity is a religion that formed over time. Jesus is bigger than Christianity. Jesus never gave a list of instructions about how to "believe in him". It's pretty much up for grabs

You have to remember that the 1st Century Jews that Jesus was raised around believed in different things. The idea of organized religion began with the rise of the Roman Church in the 5th Century, Islam in the 8th Century and then of course the constant divisions and denominations in these religions.

Jesus most likely believed in things that most Christians have no concept of or don't believe in. This Man didn't care what you believed. He placed all his Faith in the Father and that is all he cared about. He was able to heal so many people who possessed the faith that he possessed. He even advised people who didn't hve such faith to leave the room when resurrecting the daughter of Jairus because those vibrations and energy would effect the outcome.

I hate to break it everyone but Jesus the Man was not God. Jesus the Christ was God. Christ is God. Christ is the Word. The Word or Logos is the divine mind of the I AM THAT I AM, the Mind of the Father. That Mind was possessed and wielded by Jesus of Nazareth. That power became "flesh" which means became visible, audible, and touchable to physical humans in a very full and radical way. This isn't some New Age or puesdo nonsense. We know this because the Word-Divine Mind is related to Wisdom in the old Testament which goes about creating God's universe and it's part of God but also distinct from God.

This is because the Bible is a mystical book. It isn't a book of science or even history. It is a book that is mystical involving psychic phenomenon, paranormal stories, astrological happenings, prophecy, prediction, and manifestations or miracles.

God unmanifest who is Elohim, I AM that I AM, YHWH, Being itself is the Father-God. God manifest is the Creator, the Word, the divine Mind, the Christ, the Son, Wisdom, etc.

God manifested first in subtle higher realms and all the way down into the third dimension of time and space. Jesus saved or redeemed the world because he made sure regardless of a person's past, regardless of their mistakes, or even if they were victimized or sinned against by others, he met everyone as they were himself, as the Christ. He saw God's self in everyone and raised people up and empowered them and made them see that they are all a divine Child of God. He then took his radical way of seeing and reconnecting with God to his death. He showed that Love which is God is the most powerful force in the universe, and he overcame death. Putting side his own human frailty, weakness, shortsightedness, relative innocence, his own protected ego up to God. On the cross he took on other peoples' blows and negativity and exchanged them with forgiveness. He showed the "Way out" of the dark and violent cycles of this world.

Redemption and Salvation is being who you are despite your past and what you've done or been through. It is being your true self, the soul, the child of God. It is taking everything that we are even if it was for sin at one time and using it for good. Could Mary Magdalene or the prostitute have come to Jesus and see who he was inside without having gone through all the wrong men to find what a true Man is? I am not saying she married Jesus. I don't believe that. He was her Savior not her husband. But she saw in him something she was missing in the life she had lived. Jesus doesn't say "Go and stop having sex with men". He says "sin no more". What was her sins? The Bible makes it clear that she had "seven devils" which were negative emotional energies he took away that she developed from the life she lived. Her life made her feel more guilty and ashamed and she probably developed some mental imbalances. But do you see the bigger story here about salvation and love? Mary Magdalene might have become celibate later but celibacy is not for everyone.
Old 22-04-2017, 06:47 PM
kjw47

Quote:
I consider myself a 'Christian' but over the past few years I feel there is some further knowledge which cannot be found in any written texts such as the Bible.

I believe there is Jesus as our Saviour and 'God', however, I feel there is more to this. I don't believe anyone on this earth would know exactly who 'God' is. The Bible is there yes, but I believe there is more to this than what is written.

I find it annoying how certain 'Christians' flaunt the Bible everywhere as the remedy for everything.

Really, I am starting to drift away in my faith after having several spiritual encounters.

One better know the true living God--it is his will--John 17:26--John 4:22-24. Matt 7:21
Jesus is not God--trinity translating errors make it look that way, but his teachings and the facts of history are 100% against a trinity god existing.

100% fact--When Jesus attended the synagogues and temples, he was taught, served and worshipped a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah)
Jesus would never enter a place of worship teaching a false god.
There is no trinity god in existence.--Jesus has a God like we do--John 20:17, Rev 3:12
Old 23-04-2017, 09:16 AM
Master
Quote:

The greater reality and truth? Is about eternity, the timeless, which is the nature of the Almighty, and His position.
Jesus is "The Word made flesh".
The Word tells us about predestination, and, the "Elect" of God. Again, involving eternity, and the timeless.

Either you believe the Gospel or not. Either you have recieved Jesus, or not.
Either you are among the Elect, predestined to salvation,
or not.

God knows.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-04-2017, 01:08 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
The greater reality and truth? Is about eternity, the timeless, which is the nature of the Almighty, and His position.
Jesus is "The Word made flesh".
The Word tells us about predestination, and, the "Elect" of God. Again, involving eternity, and the timeless.

Either you believe the Gospel or not. Either you have recieved Jesus, or not.
Either you are among the Elect, predestined to salvation,
or not.

God knows.

No ones life is predestined--all can repent. Few do.
Old 26-04-2017, 09:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
No ones life is predestined--all can repent. Few do.

St. Paul discussed this in the epistles kjw.
Romans 9:20
Again, thought required.
Stated... The greater reality and truth is about that which is apart from the world of "space/time", pertaining to eternity, and the timeless.

Regarding "the world", Jesus stated we are in the world, "not of the world".
John 17:16

What did Jesus state to Pontius Pilate?
"My kingdom is not of this world..."

What occurred as a consequence of, "the fall"?
AGING...decay, and death.
To what? The entire world... of time and space.
Which modern physics today tells us is, "illusory".

This life is transient.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein