Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 02-08-2015, 03:54 AM
P.McCoy

"The Future of God" by Deepak Chopra

I have read many of Deepaks books and I always feel that something is missing from offering proof of our spirituality. Don't get me wrong, I am a strong believer in spirituality, but I am soo... looking forward to someone actually giving us (humanity) that last tangible "proof" that is missing.
Having now just started reading "The Future of God" by Deepak, has anyone of you read this book? and what do you think about it? (does it get any closer to offering us that last missing link, the actual tangible "proof")
Old 02-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Well, if Deepak offered 'actual tangible proof' we would be
hearing about it on CNN!

Proof will only be found inside yourself, period, and he knows that, too.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-09-2015, 07:39 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.McCoy
I have read many of Deepaks books and I always feel that something is missing from offering proof of our spirituality. Don't get me wrong, I am a strong believer in spirituality, but I am soo... looking forward to someone actually giving us (humanity) that last tangible "proof" that is missing.
Having now just started reading "The Future of God" by Deepak, has anyone of you read this book? and what do you think about it? (does it get any closer to offering us that last missing link, the actual tangible "proof")

Deepak should mention which god he is talking about, GOD or controller of the Universe ? controller of the Galaxies ? controller of the Solar system/ Earth ?

Srimad Bhagavad gives progressive list in which lesser god merge in the upper gods, marking their end. Our Galaxy God Garvogakshai Vishnu would merge in 155.4 trillion years in future.

I am sure Deepak has not read Srimad Bhagavad.
Old 29-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

I have tried reading his book but every time I tried I had the feeling there was something not quite right about him.Then I bumped into the docu Decoding Deepak and it clicked.He is addicted to his audience and his black berry.I saw him in the documentary as a caged lion when he was without all that on a retreat whereby he wanted to become a monk.It explains the odd feeling I have had with him for years.
Old 29-09-2015, 03:35 PM
Deactivated Account

Well, his job is to sell books. He's an entertainer/entrepreneur with a successful marketing team. At the end of the day, it's a business.

I haven't heard of that book, OP. I don't think its an area I would explore, because the concept of God seems to complex and vaauge. It's one of those topics that can go on forever, really.
Old 28-10-2016, 06:04 PM
Experiencer

Interesting to read!
Old 09-11-2016, 11:00 PM
Master

I never liked him. When I began reading one of his books (my first of his) he was trying to covey things to fear. ("If you don't do it this way, you will get in trouble") I don't read any author or subject matter that instills fear. I got rid of his book.
Old 15-11-2016, 05:21 PM
Master
I read this book a few years back and have to say I personally feel it's not one of his better books, and like Lynn said, he makes a business out of selling lots of books. This book felt like one that was just chugged out fast, perhaps because the title would inspire people to pick it up to begin with.
Old 18-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Master
Quote:
proof of our spirituality....
... is anything that demonstrates that we are not just physical phenomena. I prefer the notion of word 'corroborating' evidence to 'proof'. An OOBE is 'proof', if not one of your own then someone else's which is believable. Read Journeys Out of Body or one of the other books of Robert Monroe for the latter. Reincarnational memories (assuming they their is corroborating data) is 'proof'. Read Michael Newton's books, Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls, if you want something compelling in this regard. Lots of other 'evidence' out there on both scores, BTW. What are you looking for? A "2 + 2 = 4" or "triangle ABC is 'congruent' to triangle DEF" kind of axiomatic 'proof? 'Psychic' phenomena of any kind is 'proof' of spirituality, IMO. Go to noetic.org for loads of that.