Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 25-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Labyrinthine

Dante's "Hell"

Have you read this book? Do you think that Dante was a religious or spiritual person? I wonder if he experienced what he wrote in his book. It seems interesting. Like a lower levels of astral plane.
Old 15-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Deactivated Account

There has been a few translations/versions.The Inferno (Signet Classics) is probably the best one.I think the story line was more spiritual. Despite the scripture content, there is almost an "awakening" element to the story and I think it was a journey to get to maybe ...enlightenment/seeking self.
The 9 circles of hell did remind me of the astral world. Not my experience with it, but from what I read from experienced members on the astral plane. So yeah, I am wondering if he astral traveled. LOL. On the other hand, the 9 levels hell could be based on his own personal emotional/vibrational grid, or the way he lowered his conscious expansion. Technically, this is how people astral travel anyways ( from what I read). One thing is for certain, he had one hell of an imagination.Lol. There is a video game for Xbox called, "Dantes Inferno". The graphics are amazing, the illustrations definitely pull you into that dark world.
Anywho, thanks for reminding me on this, gonna look this book up again. I read into it when I was much younger....
Old 15-02-2016, 07:30 PM
Master
I love Dante's Inferno the video game as well as the animated feature based on it. I have not read the book. I have it on my iPad as its in the free domain these days.
Old 16-02-2016, 04:34 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I love Dante's Inferno the video game as well as the animated feature based on it. I have not read the book. I have it on my iPad as its in the free domain these days.

I loved the video game, the story line was produced very well. If I remember correctly, it was more centered around his love interest who he is trying to rescue in hell. Now that is some TF love, lol. It was neat how it had passages from the Satan bible for every interlude. I also liked how as a player,you had the option of saving souls or purging them while your in hell. I saved most, purged the child molesters and rapists lol.
It's funny because I always made jokes that Hell was a cold place because I hate below freezing temps here in MI. Funny enough, the last level on the game, you fight Satan in the snowy ice land. I knew it!

The old illustrations give me the chills. Creepy yet intriguing.

Old 16-02-2016, 10:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I loved the video game, the story line was produced very well. If I remember correctly, it was more centered around his love interest who he is trying to rescue in hell. Now that is some TF love, lol. It was neat how it had passages from the Satan bible for every interlude. I also liked how as a player,you had the option of saving souls or purging them while your in hell. I saved most, purged the child molesters and rapists lol.
It's funny because I always made jokes that Hell was a cold place because I hate below freezing temps here in MI. Funny enough, the last level on the game, you fight Satan in the snowy ice land. I knew it!

The old illustrations give me the chills. Creepy yet intriguing.

That is what the game is based off of. I have not read the book. I think there may be 2 books actually. As one is about his descent into hell and there is also his ascent into the heavens as well. I have read that this girl he writes about, was never a romantic partner of his, and was actually someone he saw at a local bazaar type of thing. I must be a denizen of hell than, as I love the cold.
Old 16-02-2016, 10:51 PM
Seeker

There are actually three parts to The Divine Comedy of Dante and I would recommend them all, though the Inferno segment gets the most attention. He also travels through Purgatory and Paradise which I found to be quite interesting in my reading. Unfortunately, I haven't consulted it in almost 20 years! Maybe it's time to revisit it.
Old 28-10-2016, 06:02 PM
Experiencer

I like this Dante's work. I think it's incredible.