Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

View Poll Results: I have discovered
Only the first type (self-talk) 1 11.11%
The Second - Silent one. 8 88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-05-2017, 08:33 AM
Master
After having a discussion with my psychiatric nurse about me 'hearing voices' we were trying to discern whether such 'voices' came from inside or outside my head and originated from within my own thought process or external from it.

She raised the Freudian concept of the Ego, Super-Ego and Id...which, she said that in my case were 'highly developed due to a solitary existence'.

She went on to explain that the 'authoritative voice' was the 'Super-Ego' which would probably/possibly echo the sentiment of a parent, teacher or other role model in my life, the 'child-like/innocent voice' was my Id, or my subconscious which was in rebellion or acted as the role of a curious questioner, while my Ego was the 'scribe' or the one trying to make sense of it all - she explained it all in a very neat package...too neat for me, but she said it was all me.

Now, my Ego and Id seemed to be one-in-the same thing, while my Super-Ego was unlike any role-model or figure I have ever experienced before and because it gave me insights into things I couldn't have possibly known at the time and seemed to originate from without my immediate sphere of cognitive awareness, I just decided to cut through all the bull and call it "God".

So there was that which was 'not God' = Ego and that which 'was God' = not Ego - that made more sense to me.

Where "I" existed, God was not and where God existed, "I" was not. Simple.

Yes, it's almost a 'silent voice' that bypasses my mind and heads straight for the Heart, but the ensuing language and dialogue creates thoughts in my mind and that has to happen if I want to attempt to understand it in my own way of understanding and not just having the experience of the Divine Logos enshrined within my thymus chakra somewhere.

I have written many of my 'conversations with God' (like Neale Donald Walsch did) but the answers given were more in tune with my Eastern, esoteric traditions and while some of it was my own elaboration, the actual concepts shared with my own consciousness and limited understanding were not and definitely 'outside my sphere of awareness'...they only entered it upon intellectualising.

It has come to my awareness that this is how many people experience the phenomena of psychic channeling.

So, my nurse asked me if Schizophrenics really hear voices? Well, I have had certain malevolent entities come through on my EVP recordings telling me to 'kill myself' and the like...only difference being, I tell them to go to hell and stay there, ignoring them from that point on - many sensitive people can hear these voices, even more sensitive people take them to heart and actually believe whatever they say, causing them to affect their thinking and behaviour.

I introduced my psych nurse to the world of EVP phenomena a few weeks ago - I introduced her to the 'Frey Effect' (Microwave Auditory Effect) and how people pick up radio broadcasts in dental fillings...she hasn't been the same since. LOL

I told her that many people hear 'otherworldly voices' but not all who do so are 'crazy' despite the bias leading us to believe that is the case.

She goes "you should write a book..." yeah, so I said "I'm in the middle of it...next suggestion?" ;)
Old 03-09-2018, 09:26 AM
Guide

I find people in spirituality are way too judgemental towards the first type of voice. Psychologytoday may not be particularly spiritual minded, but there are all kinds of insights I have learned from it to progress in my own journey. You don't need spirituality to learn how to cook well, or discover a new talent in guitar. We all need different types of skills besides spirituality.

I don't think the second voice removes those insights from the first. Instead, I think it organizes them into a cohesive whole. It finds how each idea can connect well together, and allows for wisdom on decisions with all these types of ideas. That's why it's often worldless, because it's made from connections rather than separate categories.

I think the first voice allows for a lot of insight in short term and practical goals, while the second allows insight for more long term and larger big picture purposes. We need both after all. We can't survive in life without knowing how to apply spiritual ideas into the material world.