Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Master
Thanks, m'dear, I deeply appreciate that.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:45 AM
Experiencer
Wow Perspective! This has really helped me. What an incredible story. I really appreciate the fact that the experiencer's background is very similar to mine. I needed to read this today. Thank you.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:00 AM
Stormweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective
My brother could've been one. They mean well & often are going out on their own dime. But I know what you mean - & how sad it is when religion misses the point.

Today, like most Sundays, I went to church, but I don't believe it's the only way, like it's taught. I also am learning to see the deeper meaning in scriptures that are often taken literally.
I'm learning to "live & let live" - to find ways to relate, but to be ok about differences. Not easy, I admit... but the alternative is breaking off relationships, which are important to me.
I haven't been to the temple for a while. Most of my experiences there, weren't spiritual, except for one, which was powerful for others too.

I think religion can be & ideally is, a tool full of symbolism, to help us resonate. Even Buddha encouraged his followers to stick with the religion of their youth, because it is often what they resonate with, or which helps them feel spiritual feelings most. I think the more aware we become, we realize there are many perspectives & ways of resonating... or many ways to God... that it's not just one religion, but it's all spiritual.

I agree with you Perspective, they are really nice people.

I just read your friends NDE story, and its so interesting.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:46 AM
Suspended
Thanks for your kind comments.
I think I'll email Amy with this thread.