Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Buzz

Staring Into The Void

My definition : the Void : that place within, that we may tend to run from. We will fill our lives up with people, work, activities so as we never have to confront it. Almost like a garbage disposal of all our fears and frailties.

In my case it has appeared after some major life shifts. Having been living alone for the first time for years I am staring into this dark, cold place in awe of it's intensity. One part of me wants to avoid it and fill myself up with frivolities and entertainment. The prevailing intention is to experience it and move through it.

So what do you thnk? Can you relate to this or am I simply glorifying depression? Go on I can take it.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:18 AM
Master
You are just acting like most people who have never meet them self, we spend all of our life surrounding ourselves with friends and family, but never really knowing who we are, I have spent most of my life living by myself, but never alone, in fact i feel this loneliness when I am surrounded by people.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:42 AM
Ascender

Indeed. We all have a real 'slim shady' that needs to stand up within all of us.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Suspended
I think Mr. Slice makes a great point. Living on your own, the void, as you call it, peeks out throughout the day.

Personally, I choose to have it as a bed partner and spend at least some part of each day in silence, solitude and stillness. I like to relax into the void, curl into a little ball (mentally speaking) and let its vastness envelop me. Deeeeeeeeeeelicious.

You can always avoid the void (ha!) with music, radio, TV, etc., etc., etc. If it's overwhelming you at this time, perhaps drown it mostly, and let it sit with you for a few minutes at a time until you get used to it. Heck, you might even get to like it!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
You are just acting like most people who have never meet them self, we spend all of our life surrounding ourselves with friends and family, but never really knowing who we are, I have spent most of my life living by myself, but never alone, in fact i feel this loneliness when I am surrounded by people.

Thanks. In fact I have no relief with surrounding myself in people. I am approaching this and staying as conscious as I can as it does it's thing. Meditation helps to create a bit of distance from it. But when all is said and done, it is what it is and apparently I have been running from it all my life.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I think Mr. Slice makes a great point. Living on your own, the void, as you call it, peeks out throughout the day.

Personally, I choose to have it as a bed partner and spend at least some part of each day in silence, solitude and stillness. I like to relax into the void, curl into a little ball (mentally speaking) and let its vastness envelop me. Deeeeeeeeeeelicious.

You can always avoid the void (ha!) with music, radio, TV, etc., etc., etc. If it's overwhelming you at this time, perhaps drown it mostly, and let it sit with you for a few minutes at a time until you get used to it. Heck, you might even get to like it!

I think you are right. I think I have simply been a-voiding it for so long now, that it has become haunted. Maybe once I redecorate I might feel more comfy!! Either way, I may need to roll up my sleeves for a bit.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROM
Indeed. We all have a real 'slim shady' that needs to stand up within all of us.

Yeah I agree. I guess we all approach this in our own ways.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
My definition : the Void : that place within, that we may tend to run from. We will fill our lives up with people, work, activities so as we never have to confront it. Almost like a garbage disposal of all our fears and frailties.

In my case it has appeared after some major life shifts. Having been living alone for the first time for years I am staring into this dark, cold place in awe of it's intensity. One part of me wants to avoid it and fill myself up with frivolities and entertainment. The prevailing intention is to experience it and move through it.

So what do you thnk? Can you relate to this or am I simply glorifying depression? Go on I can take it.

I don't really understand what you mean... 'Almost like a garbage disposal of all our fears and frailties...' sounds quite Freudian.

I think the problem I'm having is, 'void' doesn't mean anything in particular, so you might describe the context you are using that in.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't really understand what you mean... 'Almost like a garbage disposal of all our fears and frailties...' sounds quite Freudian.

I think the problem I'm having is, 'void' doesn't mean anything in particular, so you might describe the context you are using that in.
It may simply be my inability to convey it. I don't mean it to sound like textbook dribble. Simply for me, it is a dark place within that I have been aware of all my life but have managed to avoid by keeping entertained and busy. I am simply inquiring whether others rez with this as a factor in their own lives.
Imagine if we just stopped doing everything and 'sat' with what is there...... it is the what is there that I am calling ' void '.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Master
Would you say, Buzz, that the void is like walking by a store front window and getting a glimpse of the real you and it's like a really bad hair day and you're thinking yikes? Or something like that...