Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 04-01-2012, 03:21 AM
journeyofone

My first pendulum

I just bought my first pendulum and have been practicing with it. As with anything new I am using it too much and asking many of the same questions over. I have noticed that a yes I got on one day is a no on another.

It has been great to read through this section of the forum to get some info on how to use the pendulum. I have already found that I so influence the results and receive the answer that I want it to be.

I guess I am still unclear as to what the pendulum really divines - our higher consciousness or guidance from beyond etc.

So much to learn so little time!!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:26 AM
Saphira

some say that it connects with the subconscious mind. other say it comes from a higher power, a divine source. Others say that pendulums respond to electromagnetic energy that radiates from everything on Earth.
i'm not sure which is it, but i tend toward a higher power. but as Thomas Edison is said to have replied when asked about electricity: "I don't know what it is, but it's there, let's use it."
personally, i've not much success with it, apparently i influence it too much. i'm stuck on trying to get past that right now.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:48 AM
StraysBeginn

I got my first probably the same time, on last Thursday. I've been having a ball with it!! It took me a day to get any response out of it, but by evening I had it fully working and answering questions with a wild swing that I DID NOT anticipate. The answers blow my mind, and I know that most of them at least are correct. I do a lot of cross checking and rephrasing, I write the answers down and point it and ask: "Is this correct?"

I have gotten some very disappointing answers too, such that I did not want to hear, (such as my twin soul being on a significantly lower soul age level meaning that It Will Not Happen with him) and others, but also I've received such amazing answers to questions that I didn't even think of asking at first.

I love everything about the pendulum. I've never felt the need to use things like Tarot or who knows what people use, but as soon as I thought of getting a pendulum, I felt that was the right tool for me, and oh I do love it! I love the way it trembles when waiting for a question, or rocks backwards and forwards with no movement in my hand - To create a similar swing knowingly, I have to move my hand quite a bit, so it's not my hand moving it.

I guess what I'd like to tell you, Journeyofone, is that relax. Just trust it, and remind yourself not to move your hand. Also check that you're not obstructing the string in any way by the way you hold it. Practise the swing without questions, to see how it swings freely to know what you have to do in order to manually make it do the swing it does while dowsing.

This has been the most exciting few days I've had in my life! \o/
Old 08-01-2012, 02:41 PM
helygen

I love my pendulum too. Lots of answers that I have to wait and see if theyre accurate or not. Just starting to lea the Tarot cards now. IN fact Im having a go at everything or how will I learn where my talents lie.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:27 AM
StraysBeginn

A great resource for beginners... Oh I can't send links yet... Well, google Letter To Robin and you'll find it. A great ebook about dowsing. More practical than spiritual (finding water and the sort) but with a great system to make your dowsing more precise and accurate by setting up an agreement with your guides and who ever is assisting you so that you'll clearly inform them that your own wishes, hopes and preconceptions should not be allowed to control the pendulum. Pretty clever stuff! :)
Old 14-01-2012, 04:07 AM
journeyofone

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraysBeginn
A great resource for beginners... Oh I can't send links yet... Well, google Letter To Robin and you'll find it. A great ebook about dowsing. More practical than spiritual (finding water and the sort) but with a great system to make your dowsing more precise and accurate by setting up an agreement with your guides and who ever is assisting you so that you'll clearly inform them that your own wishes, hopes and preconceptions should not be allowed to control the pendulum. Pretty clever stuff! :)

Thanks - I will check it out. I have been practicing with my pendulum and what started out as no is now yes. I always ask each time I try and it had been consistent then just changed.
Old 16-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Solitary Faery

Congratulations! I LOVE pendulums! What kind did you get? What does it look like? Also, a little tip on the influencing the answer thing - try to ask the question and then just go into a meditative state in which you clear your emotions entirely. That way your feelings about the question or how you're feeling in general at the current moment won't affect it as much. Also keep a running journal and if you notice that you're getting a lot of accuracy, try to figure out what you're doing during those sessions of accuracy that make them different from the times when you get inaccurate answers. If you can pinpoint that, it may be your best key to figuring out how to get real, solid answers every single time.

~~Solitary Faery~~
Old 18-01-2012, 03:51 AM
journeyofone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitary Faery
Congratulations! I LOVE pendulums! What kind did you get? What does it look like? Also, a little tip on the influencing the answer thing - try to ask the question and then just go into a meditative state in which you clear your emotions entirely. That way your feelings about the question or how you're feeling in general at the current moment won't affect it as much. Also keep a running journal and if you notice that you're getting a lot of accuracy, try to figure out what you're doing during those sessions of accuracy that make them different from the times when you get inaccurate answers. If you can pinpoint that, it may be your best key to figuring out how to get real, solid answers every single time.

~~Solitary Faery~~

My first pendulum is a metal one - I wanted to start with something simple and then I'm sure down the road I will want to get a crystal one. I will try what you suggested for sure - thanks.
Old 18-01-2012, 03:56 AM
Solitary Faery

Neat! Sounds really cool :) I used to have a metal one with a fairy indented/shaped on it. And in fact, it happened to be my first and it was metal, too. That's just a coincidence though, lol.
Old 18-01-2012, 03:56 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyofone
I just bought my first pendulum and have been practicing with it. As with anything new I am using it too much and asking many of the same questions over. I have noticed that a yes I got on one day is a no on another.

hi journeyofone,

I have heard one shouldn't keep asking the pendulum the same question over and over.

Each time I start, I ask my pendulum which way for yes/ no/ maybe/ and noreply swings. I always get the same directions. And when it is really excited about an answer it swings really fast ! And there have also been times, when it doesn't swing at all.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction