Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-08-2018, 07:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Wilco
how can you possibly not be fully emerged in love seems to me its around every one every where

how can others be cut off from all that if its so that they are ?

You can't be emerged in love if you don't know what love is, you need to love yourself first then you know what love really is.

Explaing to someone what love tastes like is impossible unless they have tasted it for themselves, everything comes from within not without... Start with self love then you can share it with others.

' A candle is not diminished by giving another candle light '
Old 14-08-2018, 07:37 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Christ's teachings go beyond self love, as does that of the Old Testament. The complete Bible does not teach that self love is the answer; which is what the Hindus and New Age would have us believe.

Self love really is the dark side of love. It is love but it is very self absorbed and not necessarily virtuous or ethical. The Bible is mainly about whole love which Christ summed up as love of self, others and God. NOT just the flaming self.

Get over yourselves! So what you are God, but are not we all. God is God too.

When you've conditioned yourself to feel unworthy of your own love you've gone astray from the teachings of Jesus. The core of Jesus's teachings is rooted back to the origin of where his love rests the most, in you.

"Love your neighbor as yourself."

How much will you love your neighbor then? A little, or a lot? Well, shouldn't you love yourself as much as you love your neighbor and will it be a little or a lot?

You conflate self-gratification for self-love. Self-gratification is the need to act on one's own impulse's and desires. However this isn't love of any kind. Love is what?

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

If this came from the bible, and this is the definition of true love. Are you going to bath yourself in this true love a little or a lot?

So yes fine do away with self-gratification. And bring the love God has taught you since Leviticus. However remember, you're commended to love yourself. It is part of the second greatest commandment, which is like the first.

Mathew 22: 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Now, here's the truth. Since the word of God is within. All love begins with self. You cannot love anyone before you can love yourself because your spirit is your connection to the Holy Spirit. If you don't love that which God has created out of his own love, first. You will never recognize yourself in some one else in situ.

If you believe, I can love some one else before I love myself, don't you see yourself in that individual in situ? Can't you recognize the humanity and spirit that binds the two of you together? If you understand any of this. You will understand that what we mean by love yourself is really loving everyone in situ. Then you'll understand there is no conflict with God's plan and self love.
Old 14-08-2018, 08:09 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Then we perhaps need to clarify what love is.
Creating attachments or seeking gratification for some reason would not constitute as love in my view.

mmm.. some spiritual people want to detach an go beyond others are more intimate with life, fully involved, there is a way to have both it is like being completely intimate with all of life an creation yet absolutely free from it at the same time, its a more balanced and integrated approach, both in one, mind and heart.

ps: by the way Rah nam I see you are located in the same city as me lol.. I was in williams town all day today, not sure if you know where that is.. its a nice area, nice beach an houses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
How can you give away what you don't have yourself ?

They have it but choose not to direct it to themselves, instead give it away, there are people who are sad or depressed but will still treat others very well and kind.
Old 14-08-2018, 09:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
mmm.. some spiritual people want to detach an go beyond others are more intimate with life, fully involved, there is a way to have both it is like being completely intimate with all of life an creation yet absolutely free from it at the same time, its a more balanced and integrated approach, both in one, mind and heart.

ps: by the way Rah nam I see you are located in the same city as me lol.. I was in williams town all day today, not sure if you know where that is.. its a nice area, nice beach an houses.

It simply depends where you see yourself on your development path.

Sure, for those who try to explore what unconditional love mean, will have a window of about 20 000 years; plenty of time. Yet for those who intent to implement unconditional love, need to understand first, dispassion comes before compassion, and humility. There is no way past it, as long we follow the path of the light.

ps: Williamstown is on the other side of the City from where we live. We live near the Dandenongs
Old 14-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Ascender

Stage 1.
Self-love,love for others,love for animals and activities are all in the same Category of love.
All these types/states of love can be brought to very high levels and each state can lead to another state in the same category..ie love for an animal or activity can lead to self love or vice versa....None is better than another in this category.

Stage 2.
Gods love....we can get glimpses of this Love but we cannot hold on to it for long periods unless we have fully experienced any or all of the stage 1 type love.

Stage 3.
Unconditional Love for all and everything.....This comes after Gods love has changed your life and is ...........??? cant be explained,can only be felt.

If we die without going through stage 1,we cannot meet or feel god....it would be too much so we would need to start over.

My own personal story is that I fell in love with an Idea and when this could not happen in the real world,my heart broke and god came and fixed me.I was an atheist at the time...Love is the key and it makes no difference who or what you love,,, just love it a lot.
Old 14-08-2018, 12:59 PM
Master
Don't forget the story of A Christmas Carol where Scrooge redeemed himself by loving others. He was very self centred and rediscovered his dignity when he finally loved others.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-08-2018, 01:00 PM
Master
Some of the Hindu saints remind me of Scrooge - they are so involved in self love they totally overlook humanity.

Old 14-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Master
And lets be honest - Christ's message was about more than learning to love yourself.

In many ways Christ overlooked self love in favour of the greater scheme of things.

Old 14-08-2018, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Some of the Hindu saints remind me of Scrooge - they are so involved in self love they totally overlook humanity.

Which Saint's are those Honza?
Old 14-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Which Saint's are those Honza?

I can't name them. In general the ones who claim I AM ALL. Maybe Sai Baba is a good example.