Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 12-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Deactivated Account

Most interesting WizardOfTheStone, on having 15 pendulums. I wonder do you use them for different reasons, different kinds of questions ? or perhaps do you collect different pendulums ? If these questions fit into the category of questions you will respond to ~ not sure if you are now answering fact only questions....

rather a strange comment you made, I think.... for posting in this particular topic. I see no negativity here at all. Other places in the forum, yes I will agree with you. Not to take this thread off topic, just an observation.
Quote:
Also the reason I've not responded to many of these questions at this forum and others.. Is I'm getting the feeling there is to much negativity going on within the post themselves.

People respond to one another as if to "provoke" someone reaction. Thus I'll not argue about these forum topics.. I'll state my point of view and nothing more..

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 12-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Experiencer
Story Behind The Pendulums

Every year my wife and I head to some part of the United states and attend a number of jewelry or gem & minerals shows. if the show or one of the vendors has a display with a number of pendulums hanging from the display, My wife would walk slowly past arm extend to see if any of the pendulums would (swing out) towards her.

A number of them have and I would have never believed it I didn't see it for myself. So this is why we have 15 and the amount will continue to grow.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Deactivated Account

That is very cool WizardOfTheStone ! Thank you for your reply.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 12-02-2011, 08:57 PM
shifty123

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze
Hi Dream Angel! (Be prepared for a long response. By now you should know me and my long-winded answers!)

In answer to your first question, the pendulum swings in a different direction, for example, when programmed to do so to indicate the gender of a person or thing (yes, even plants have a sex.) But it does so for the main benefit of the user of course. Since the pendulum works with what is called "sympathetic vibrations", when near or over let's say a picture of a female, it would swing in the direction you have programmed it to swing for that gender. And it would swing a different way to indicate a male in order to avoid confusion.

Many times women who are pregnant will want to know what the sex of their unborn child will be. Of course with today's modern technology we know that is possible to ascertain but a quicker way to obtain that answer is with the pendulum. And to further answer your question about the 'why' of it, you can already see, I am sure, that if the pendulum was to just freely swing anyway it wanted you would have to guess what it was trying to tell you thus it would be very difficult to know, when asked to answer about the pregnant woman's unborn baby and what the sex would be. But with the pre-programming 'code' how easy and quick it would be to know! And that's just one example. When trying to find out the sex of a plant, for instance, without the pre-programmed code how would you know? With the code, you would be able to tell instantly that if it rotated or swung this way it was male but if it rotated or swung the other way it would be female. That's why it is important to program the pendulum!

As to your second question "What is the purpose in the pendulum swinging differently to show a person's gender ? I know who I am , and if I am asking questions for a male friend, does it matter to the pendulum ?"

I believe I have answered this question in my previous paragraph. As to your second question asking if it mattered to the pendulum when asking questions on behalf of a male friend, no, it would not matter to the pendulum itself per se, but if you wanted to see if your pendulum was correctly programmed you would need to first pre-program it in a way that to you would indicate a certain answer to relay to your friend. For instance, when you held it in front of your male friend or over his picture the pendulum would not just start gyrating and going haywire in an uncontrolled manner, or show something else you could not understand. In effect, you would already know it was Spot On with its answer in a way you could truly understand!

Your third question regarding the training of the pendulum to swing a certain way for a certain answer has, of course, already been discussed.

I will take your next question. "I always thought the pendulum chose the direction to swing in for the answer it is giving."

The pendulum does indeed chose the direction for most all answers to questions you ask. However, and again, if you did not give it instruction so that it could know how to swing or move in answer to a given thing, it would be difficult for you to know what it was trying to convey to you. For example, without programming your pendulum, if you asked it if there was water at a certain area the simple answer might be "yes." But if you ask it where, specifically, it may start to pull, gyrate, go in a circle, go back and forth, go from side to side to the right, go from side to side to the left, etc. and how could you know what it was trying to tell you?

Again, you see that with pre-programming the pendulum where a certain question would involve a simple yes answer, you would teach it to swing a certain way, and for a simple no, you would teach it to swing the other way e.g., for yes, swing Clockwise, for no swing, Counterclockwise. Now you would have no difficulty in knowing the answer! The other way you could do it (that appears you might be more comfortable in doing) is to ask the pendulum "Indicate which way you will turn to indicate a Yes answer." And also, "Indicate which way you will turn to indicate a No answer." In that regard you would be letting the pendulum do all the work to indicate which way it will swing for you when given a certain question. That can also be done.

Let's go on to your next question or part of your statement for the sake of brevity: "..... so I asked it was the swinging in a circle an answer for maybe ? and I got a yes answer."

Because you asked your pendulum to indicate if the answer was a maybe, what you already knew to be the "yes" response was thus indicated. So, you, in effect, had already done a programming of sorts. But instead of asking it questions and then trying out different things to get the correct answer, why not just teach it to swing a certain way for a 'maybe' answer, etc. That way you would not have to ask "Are you swinging this way to indicate a maybe?" You would already know by the swing that it was a 'maybe'. You see, this also saves much time in your work to pre-program your pendulum and it will help you against the time-consuming round about way of trying to get answers!

To answer your final question:"There have also been times when I get no answer at all - the pendulum stays still, not swinging at all."

When the pendulum does not give you an answer it is because you either did not ask or phrase your question in the correct form to give it something to work with or it cannot give you an answer at that point in time as it may be something that is not meant for you to know about. Remember, when a person asks the pendulum to give them the numbers to win a major lottery, they seldom ever do win it that way! That is something the pendulum simply will not do and that is to provide correct answers to help someone cheat. That would go against the grain so to speak. If it did provide the right answers always, we would all be millionaires!

If pushed to give an answer anyway, more than likely the pendulum would give you an incorrect answer or set of numbers. That is because there are ethics involved with pendulum usage and the Law of Honesty always kicks in. Therefore, a good rule to follow is: Always ask the pendulum an honest question; always respect another person's right to privacy when asking questions; always be ethical in your questions; and never mis-use your pendulum for anything other than for honest, benevolent purposes.

Those were all excellent questions, Dream Angel! Thank you for asking them. Remember to always say a prayer to God first before beginning any pendulum work, ask if you are ready to proceed with questions, surround yourself with God's pure white light, take several deep breaths to relax, and most important of all, always thank God before and after a pendulum session.

Many blessings to you always!
AngelBreeze xx

Thanks for the response.
Old 13-02-2011, 04:03 AM
Medium_Laura

Hope my article can help answer some questions
Medium Laura

The Power of the Pendulum

Divination is a hot topic now days. Everyone wants to know how to tap into the mysteries and magic of our world. Pendulums have been used for thousands years to find out where the best place to dig a well was, to discover the sex of cattle; thus ensuring a good herd for the coming season. The pendulum is an extension of you; your Higher Self and it can be a truth tester for many things in your life.

The pendulum can help you make choices, find lost objects, resolve health problems, communicate with your guides, explore past lives, find a job, find a mate and so much more.

What is a pendulum?
It’s a small weight suspended on a chain, cord or even a bit of string. In early years, people would use their wedding rings hanging from a piece of thread. You can use just about anything that has some weight to it and a cord, string, thread, yarn, to dangle it from. When in a bind and not having my own handy, I have used a thread from my jacket and a paper clip.

You can find some beautifully crafted pendulums for sale all over the internet as well as New Age shops and bookstores. They come in various sizes, stones, weights and more. I have a rather extensive collection of them myself, from those that have precious stones as the weight, to some that I’ve hand crafted from beads I’ve picked up at craft stores. It doesn’t really matter in the end, as long as the pendulum “talks” to you.

How to choose the right one
There really isn’t a “right” one, just one that catches your eye. Is it comfortable to hold and does it swing freely? It shouldn’t be too heavy, a few ounces at best, otherwise it won’t swing very well. Most pendulums will have a point as well. This helps when you are doing map work or needing to have a very small area for the pendulum to pin point. This is up to you though, it will answer you in other ways, even if it isn’t pointed.
Whenever you choose a pendulum, you should hold it about 4 inches from the weight, some people hang it over their pointer finger and grasp it with the thumb. I will dangle it so that it is parallel to my heart and ask “Is this pendulum in harmony with me?” If it moves in any way, then I buy it.

Charging your pendulum
Depending on your beliefs and rituals, some people will “charge” their pendulum to their energy. If you are using a semi precious stone or gem, it is probably a good idea to clear away any other “shoppers” energy from the stone before use. I recommend sitting it on a window sill on a full moon. It’s an old tradition for clearing divination tools, such as Tarot cards and Rune stones.

To charge a pendulum to your energy, some say a prayer while cupping the weight part in their palms. It can be elaborate or simple. I usually say something like this “The light of the Divine surrounds me, The love of the Divine enfolds me, The power of the Divine protects me, The presence of the Divine watches over me, Wherever I am, The Divine is, and all is well. Please send loving and positive energies to this pendulum. Help me to use it for my highest good.”

Getting to work
In the beginning, it is suggested that you use your pendulum for yourself for a while; to establish that connection to it and also to keep you from being frustrated when your friends tell you that you’re wrong! Your pendulum accesses the Universal energies through you, your higher self. Start by doing work for yourself and then later, you can expand it out to find your friend’s keys or to see if Jan’s boyfriend is lying.

Most people will hold their pendulum in the same hand that they write with. At first it may be more comfortable to rest your elbow on a table, hold the string between you first finger and thumb, using the least amount of pressure possible. Your elbow should be the only part of your body that is touching the table. Make sure your stomach or other hand is not. The palm of your hand should be facing downward and your pendulum should be hanging about 1 foot in front of your heart chakra or your body about chest level.
Check to make sure your legs or ankles are uncrossed. Crossing body parts may restrict the flow of energy in your body.

Yes, No and Need more information
These are the basic answers of your pendulum. If you are not using it to dowse for water or an object on a map or area, then Yes, No and Need more information will be the responses you will be looking for when you work with your pendulum.

• Yes – to find your yes, you should first know that this will change from time to time. Depending even on your location on the planet earth. As a good practice, I will check this before every use of my pendulum. You simply relax you mind and breath and relax your body. Hold your pendulum comfortably and ask “Show me a clear sign for yes”
• No – the same this applies here. Except now you want to know which way your pendulum swings when it is giving you a negative response. “Show me a clear sign for no.”
• Need more information – this motion will differ greatly for each person. Mine happens to make clockwise circles if I have not phrased my question correctly or the pendulum has not understood the question I’m asking. “Show me a clear sign for Needs more Info”

Basically, mine will go front to back yes, like a nod of your head. It will go side to side, like the shake of your head for No. Yours may rotate to the left for yes and to the right for no and stand completely still for “needs more info”. Establish this each time you pick up your pendulum and you will not have to wonder “Was that a yes?”

Mine isn’t moving!
Staring at the weight, no matter how hard you will it, the pendulum isn’t moving at all! Don’t panic. Sometimes you may need to give it a push. Before you ask your question, give your pendulum a twirl. Get it moving in a circular motion and then ask “Show me a clear sign for yes”. Let it settle down and eventually, it will be swinging in a repetitive motion for your answer.
Using a pendulum when you are stressed, emotional, under the influence of drugs or alcohol and especially, really tired, is not advised. Your energy is not relaxed and flowing, and neither will your pendulum.

Phrasing your questions
Working with a pendulum is different than other divination tools in the way that it does not predict future events and cannot answer things that have not yet happened.
It can even become confused if you ask a question with multiple answers. “Should I go to Joe’s house or Lisa’s house?” For this instance, you would ask the pendulum each location separately.
I have also been taught a certain way to phrase the question that is infallible. My friend Amy Scott Grant has a You Tube video about it. She recommends that you ask in this way “All things considered, is it optimal that_____?” This covers a lot of unforeseen things you may not have factored into your questioning. Optimal, is basically saying “For my highest good”.
Focus on your question and repeat it over and over again in your mind. I suggest to my students that after they ask the question, start singing a repetitive song like “Happy Birthday.” Why? Just your thoughts of “oh I hope it says yes” will cause it to actually cause it to swing “yes” by pure thought intention.
Amy also suggests that after you ask your question, start thinking of all the food you ate for the day, listing it in your mind, ignoring the pendulum completely until it has settled into a steady rhythm of “yes” or “no”. This keeps your logical mind busy and allows your higher self to answer.

What a pendulum can answer and what it can’t
• A pendulum cannot predict whom you will marry, even if you phrase it separately. You can ask if Joe is for your highest good at this time. You can ask things like “Is it optimal Joe loves children”. You shouldn’t ask if you and Joe will have children, that again is a prediction. When you ask questions about your future, it will more than likely be biased by your own wants and desires, thus giving answers that it cannot know.

• You can ask your pendulum about choices. “All things considered, is it optimal that I attend school in the fall?” “All things considered, is it optimal that I work in the field of electronics?” “is it optimal that I purchase the white car? Is it optimal I purchase the less expensive car?”

• You can ask your pendulum about your current health. “All things considered, is it optimal that stress is causing the headache?” “All things considered, is it optimal that I am afraid of my feelings?” and so on.

• I love to use my pendulum to choose gifts for others. I can walk into a store and mentally find five things that I like and think they would like. Then I ask my pendulum. ATC (all things considered) IIO (is it optimal) that Sue would like the coffee grinder as a gift?” “ATCIIO that Sue would like the diamond necklace best?” Amy also suggests that you use a finger on your hand for each choice. Appointing the ring finger as one gift, the ring finger, the middle finger and then finally the thumb as “other”. Lay your hand flat out on a table and span out your fingers. Hover the pendulum over the hand and then just ask your pendulum which gift would make Sue the happiest. Follow the directional swing and see which finger it’s choosing. I will actually use a pen and write the item on that finger, since I tend to forget which I appointed to what!

• Weather conditions – while to some this may seem like predicting the future; weather, though ever changing, has patterns that are known to your Higher Self. How do the weathermen give you a week’s forecast? They use high tech equipment and predict the course of the weather. Your pendulum can do this for you ask well. If you have a garden party planned for Thursday, you can ask your pendulum if the day will be sunny. You can ask if it will rain all day. You can ask if it will rain only part of the day. Have fun and practice!

Next month I will give you more ways that you can work with your pendulum, things you can ask it and how you can use it in your everyday life.
Old 13-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Deactivated Account

A very informative and helpful post Medium Laura, thank you ! I have lots to practice !

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 13-02-2011, 07:31 PM
shifty123

Hey Laura

Thanks for the info.I do enjoy using my pendulum. Specially when using it to send people that I know higher vibrations andtrying tomake their cold or flu symptoms ease up or go away completely. Plus it does make for conversation.
Old 13-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Medium_Laura

I used my pendy at Best Buy. I typically go late before close otherwise I get weird looks. I hang my pendy and ask. Sometimes people just stand and watch me do it.. some will ask... others just give me a weird look lol I bought my fiance' a lovely Gateway laptop for his birthday. Thanks to my trusty pendy! :) It was perfect for his needs :)
Old 13-02-2011, 11:00 PM
shifty123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
I used my pendy at Best Buy. I typically go late before close otherwise I get weird looks. I hang my pendy and ask. Sometimes people just stand and watch me do it.. some will ask... others just give me a weird look lol I bought my fiance' a lovely Gateway laptop for his birthday. Thanks to my trusty pendy! :) It was perfect for his needs :)
Right Now I'm using mine to send good vibes increase others vibrations and weather forecasts, body energy scans, checking on others motivations.