Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 13-01-2015, 06:57 AM
Master

Clearing energy post-readings

This has come up a bit recently so I thought I'd start a thread.

I'm currently not doing much (before or after, or even too my cards. I'm sorry cards :( ) but really should. I currently have a cup of salt water in my room - salt replaced weekly - and go on long walks along the river several times a week. I try to do mini-meditations daily but sometimes forget.

I get people-d out easily (even in real life), despite loving working with people. If I read for too long, or read too frequently, I become unbalanced and petulant - and that's when I know it's time to step back a bit. It's worse when the person being read for is demanding or particularly needy.

Sage? Salt? Envisioning cleansing white light? Meditation? Spoken mantras?

Hit me up, tarot readers! :)
Old 15-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Knower
I'm also lazy with cleansing.

I do spread my card out to "breathe" or just leave a crystal on top of the deck.

I do ask for a cloak of protection over me as well as my house and the person I read for.

At the end of reading I knock the cards with my knuckle to "Knock out/off" any negative energies.

Also shake out my Tarot cloth to clear it too.
Old 16-01-2015, 12:54 AM
Experiencer
I burn incense and wave my deck over the smoke. Place crystals on top of the deck. Ask for grounding and protection. If I have time I like to meditate before readings but it doesn't happen often. I also like playing soft relaxing meditation music.
Old 16-01-2015, 03:41 AM
Guide
I burn incense, candles and knock the deck when I start getting silly answers. Never thought about using a cleansing crystal though, thanks for that tip. As soon as I can get to the new age shop, am going to try the white sage bundle to see if that works better. Will definitely be less hassle. :)
Old 16-01-2015, 08:46 AM
Master

I LOVE SAGE! It makes such a big difference. Really need to sage my room again soon, there's lots of cloggy stressed energy that needs to go.
Old 16-01-2015, 03:51 PM
PeaceLily

I've never tried sage, but hubby has Pima Indian heritage and was thinking about sage. OK with me!!! Burning Incense gives me a huge headache and stuffy nose (allergies) so I hope the sage doesn't.

I mediate and try to envision cleansing and protection with the white light. I also have rose quartz in my room and these I cleanse with sunlight or salt water. I like to set my cards out in the full moon.

I have had the discussion about cleansing and protection with people I consider pros in the field, (more than me anyway!). Some have a ritual and some don't.

While I'm not sure it helps, I also am of the belief that it doesn't hurt! IMO, meditation is the one thing that helps us the most. Or it does me anyway!
Old 04-02-2015, 12:44 AM
Knower
White Sage is fantastic. But, I think it stinks too.

I've had to cleanse my home recently, I used sage on myself and around the home. It worked beatifully, but the smell stayed in the house for nearly three days.

Wifey was not impressed.