Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 07-09-2016, 04:01 PM
Newbie ;)

How do I change my feelings? (law of attraction)

I have been a spiritualist for a long time and last year I began using the law of attraction. For every single day for a year now I have wanted to get a girlfriend and tried to get one using the law of attraction. In the beginning I was really happy and believing, but as time went on I wondered why nothing happened. I have been feeling frustrated for a long time now. I have a list of reasons I suspect why I have failed thus far.
-Impatience
-Uncertain as to whether I should wait and feel good or take action
-Trying too hard being in a good mood 24/7 and gets dissappointed when I get too tired to be in a good mood.
-Doubt if Im doing it right
-I feel lack and I dont know how to stop.

After all this time I seriously doubt Im capable anylonger of trying to accomplish anything using the law of attraction. I know what Im doing wrong right now, but I dont know how to change it. How do I stop feeling lonely, how do I stop feeling insecure, how can I stop feeling lack, how can I feel happy despite my situation? I seriously dont know how and I hope anyone here can give me some advice on this thank you
Old 07-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmatt
I have been a spiritualist for a long time and last year I began using the law of attraction. For every single day for a year now I have wanted to get a girlfriend and tried to get one using the law of attraction. In the beginning I was really happy and believing, but as time went on I wondered why nothing happened. I have been feeling frustrated for a long time now. I have a list of reasons I suspect why I have failed thus far.
-Impatience
-Uncertain as to whether I should wait and feel good or take action
-Trying too hard being in a good mood 24/7 and gets dissappointed when I get too tired to be in a good mood.
-Doubt if Im doing it right
-I feel lack and I dont know how to stop.

After all this time I seriously doubt Im capable anylonger of trying to accomplish anything using the law of attraction. I know what Im doing wrong right now, but I dont know how to change it. How do I stop feeling lonely, how do I stop feeling insecure, how can I stop feeling lack, how can I feel happy despite my situation? I seriously dont know how and I hope anyone here can give me some advice on this thank you

Hi Esmatt,
Firstly, focus on what you are doing right. The first thing I see you doing right is dedication: "For every single day for a year now..."

Secondly, don't focus on one woman or an ideal. Focus on self. Women, speaking as a heterosexual woman, love confidence in a man. Confidence (not to be mistaken as cockiness) comes from authentically accepting yourself--everything, the good, bad, and ugly. Accept everything about yourself and confidence will come.

Thirdly, focus on a statement that reflects your self-acceptance, such as " I am a vessel of love, acceptance and and enthusiasm." Or whatever you choose as your statement of self.

Do these and you will see how the energy you emanate changes...then, others will respond to your changed (higher) vibration.

I hope this helps. Best wishes!!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 08-09-2016, 08:14 AM
Lorelyen

Well, you're still quite young so you've a bit of time yet!

LOA is a bit iffy - it works for some people in some circumstances. Don't believe everything that you read on the web. It isn't a law in the sense of borrowed from science. To an occultist it's extremely dilute magic(k) so you can't expect to get quite as clear-cut results. It's been put about by a couple of authors who want you to buy their books.

But it can work in some cases if you can fulfil the requirements.

Your situation seems to need visualisation more than blind faith in LOA. It doesn't need a good mood but it will need patience and work - you don't get a lot for nothing in this branch of spirituality, so unless you're willing to put in, say, an hour's work a day in total you might as well go down the normal route - go out and meet people - do yourself up to suit the occasion. Your appearance and deportment will act as a filter. It isn't always predictable but ponder on the sort of girl you'd like to meet and ask yourself how she'd expect you to present yourself on first meeting.

Otherwise, set aside time to visualise. The precise visual is obviously down to you but it has to involve seeing yourself in situations where you can be seen and attract someone suitable - a pleasant, easy-going place probably, somewhere in the sun and the summer. If you're a clubber, at a club. See yourself dressed appropriately and if you catch someone's eye, smile, etc. It's less about pulling someone straight away than attracting. Many in your vision may pass by after smiling; some will stop to exchange a few words, others may give you a chance to show your generosity or magnanimity or whatever you feel about yourself.

One point, though. If you want a happy relationship you'll have to cultivate patience and a willingness to compromise. People usually need time to get to know each other - not always. Love at first sight can happen. Best to have as few expectations of others as you can then you can't be disappointed.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:30 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you so much for your reply and your understanding. I will do my best to use your advice and I wish you all the best in your spiritual journey
Old 08-09-2016, 01:32 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for your answer. I will try out your advice and I wish you all the best in your spiritual journey
Old 08-09-2016, 09:12 PM
Master

You are focussing on not having a gf rather than the one you have already manifested in your vibrational field. Deliberate creators rejoice in the presence of their vibrational manifestation. So what to really do is practicing being joyful for the one simple reason of being you, then you will be like a magnet.
Old 18-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmatt
After all this time I seriously doubt Im capable anylonger of trying to accomplish anything using the law of attraction.

That's the biggest breakthrough you can make, quite frankly. The so-called law of attraction is wishful thinking and it's not working for you on a practical level. Drop what doesn't serve you and in this particular case belief in the law of attraction has given you a list of things you now think is wrong with you.

Work with what's right here, right now - yourself. Every experience we have can be turned around in retrospect, every experience can benefit us if we think about it the right way so start from there. You're feeling lonely because you don't realise you don't need anyone else - at least for now. You're feeling lack because you saw yourself as needing something outside yourself but happiness is internal not external. Looking for happiness screwed you up so you're looking for the wrong thing.

If you were a girl would you go out with you? Better get fixing, you're the best person for that job and when that happens you'll find something that kicks happiness into the garbage disposal.
Old 18-09-2016, 03:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The so-called law of attraction is wishful thinking

Why do you call it wishful thinking?
Old 29-09-2016, 01:03 PM
Newbie ;)

You have to be in a similar vortex of the vortex they are in for the law of attraction to work(meaning it goes both ways). The way it sounds like you are doing it, you are trying to force one into your life. You probably are bringing women near you, but you gotta be able to take the next steps. Respect their law of attraction as well.
Old 30-09-2016, 10:47 AM
Suspended
Knower

Acc. to me you should start meditating twice a day to take control on your fellings. In Starting you can do it for 10-15 min. only and slowly try to increase the timmings and gradually you will see changes in yourself.