Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 18-01-2011, 12:13 AM
NicolaRose3

Oh right! actually waves is a good way to describe it...it was like being made of water and being part of the sea, going up and down and making rolling motions
Old 18-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Glowstone

yeah definatly..everything is a wave....energy, light.. sound..all waves!

Alan watts the british philosopher suggested that we are all too "straight" in the modern world..and that we need to be more like a "wiggle"....

Nature "wiggles"...it never travels in a straight line but changes and flows up, down, back to front...and so on!..

So when you "wiggle" your on a wave..and waves flow...:-)

very good stuff lol
Old 26-01-2011, 01:04 AM
NicolaRose3

I have not managed to astral project again yet. I still think I am a bit too scared, so maybe I am not ready.

I can still see with my eyes shut though. For some reason it seems to work best when I am in a fairly dark place. I've been trying to develope it so that I can see energy or something unusual(?) or to look at something in a different direction, ie not what is right in front of me, I dont think anything is really happening yet though. But the other night as I was staring at the room and trying not to focus on anything in particular I began to see wispery shadows, not sure how to describe it, but it was like seeing a grey wind moving about in front of my face. I'm not sure if I was starting to see into something new, or maybe my eyes (which were closed :P) were playing tricks on me?
Old 26-01-2011, 03:38 AM
Glowstone

I think ive had those shadows too!...you may be on to something there Nicola! :-)
Old 26-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Master
Hi, NicolaRose & welcome to the forum!

I too am experiencing seeing thru closed eyes tho' it is not as developed as what you are sharing here..

I had the same questions -- i.e. Are my eyes a little open and I don't know it? Am I envisioning something from memory? Am I just more sensitive & picking up lots of light thru my eye lids??

I still haven't made sense of exactly what is going on (the mechanics of it all), but I suspect the 'why' is as simple as that we are -- in varying degrees & in different ways --- becoming who we really are...

Bringing our spiritual self or soul thru to our physical experience...

I too have been intensely interested in the who/where/what & why's of all this development, but second Dogninja's post (which I love!) which is all about taking it easy & relaxing when it comes to these experiences..

Everything is governed by Divine Order.. All is perfect Now.. All will be revealed in time...

I have to remind myself frequently not to get too caught up in my THOUGHTS about what is happening and just BE..

That being said, I am interested to follow your development in this area as I have rarely seen a thread or post that addressed this particular phenomenon and would like to see where it leads you.

Many blessings on your journey!

Cam/EarthMamm
Old 27-01-2011, 12:40 AM
NicolaRose3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowstone
I think ive had those shadows too!...you may be on to something there Nicola! :-)
Ok, that sounds good then, I will try to carry on with that :)

EarthMamma, thank you for your responce, I understand what you are saying. It seems like when I am trying too hard to focus on what is going on or figure out how I am seeing things, then that is when my eyes start to open or I start getting confused. For the most part, I beleive that when I am in the right state I am seeing everything as it is through closed eyes (its just that if I cover my eyes with a blindfold I cant see, so it feels like I should be asking myself how I am supposed to be seeing through my eyelids or from a different place when I cant see through a blindfold)

I am finding it easier to control now, if I am really tired or trying to sleep I can just lay in darkness, although if I do see a patch of light and focus on it then suddenly I can see everything again. It also feels like I am opening or closing eyelids when I am choosing to see or shut it down.

I had an interesting experience yesterday while I was trying to see my aura :) I was listening to an Isochronic Tone that I downloaded (http://www.iso-tones.com/tones.html, I don't know if anyone else has tried using these or knows if they are good or bad) while sitting down and I was staring at my hands and body, with my eyes closed as that just seemed to feel better, after a while I saw a few different things, like light around the edges of my finger tips, and I then started to see green, it would appear around my hands when I stayed looking in the same place or sort of appear all around my body, I also saw some patches of purple but they didnt seem to last as long. The green was quite bright and a bit yellowey, not sure what that means in terms of auras.

When it had finished I tried again but this time I sat facing the mirror that is in my room, it took a bit longer but I saw the green appearing again in front of my body, and then at one point I was looking at my face and it just seemed to change into a muddyish green/yellow colour.

And then a weirder thing happened...lol. I was staring at my face again and trying not to focus too hard and it sort of seemed like my appearance was changing, my skin looked a bit grey and it was like my face was expanding or getting smaller as I looked at it in different ways. I think my features started to look like a mans, there were shadows around my chin and checks, and it started to change even more, it looked like I had a dark beard or facial hair and I actually looked exactly like a friend of mine, that made me feel weird, so I blinked a bit and moved about and my face went back to normal. I have no idea what happened there or what that was supposed to represent (or if maybe I was just imagining it or something)
Old 27-01-2011, 01:23 AM
dogninja

Stabilize, then tune it. Easy to slip out of it if you use too much force, or are motivated by desire,or are emotionally responsive to what you first see...
cultivate discernment in your observations by staying neutral and getting confirmations. 2 cents from dogninja.
Old 29-01-2011, 06:18 PM
NicolaRose3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogninja
Stabilize, then tune it. Easy to slip out of it if you use too much force, or are motivated by desire,or are emotionally responsive to what you first see...
cultivate discernment in your observations by staying neutral and getting confirmations. 2 cents from dogninja.
Makes sense :) I will try to do that more, I can understand how suddenly recognising something or wanting to see it will make it happen even more or cause you to misjudge what you are seeing.

I did try that meditation again the other night, I didnt get too far with it but I saw green again
Old 29-01-2011, 11:55 PM
dogninja

I get that at times, I call the segments "phases". I get in that when i wake up and stabilize semiconcious. It feels like your internal, and external energy is fluid. Also, you could equate the heightened sensitivity to becoming hyperaware of body movements. Many times when fully concious I can feel myself sway, but this is different, like, loss of human form, gnomesayin?
Old 20-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Mlk

I have been able to "see" through closed eyes while trying to fall asleep. Walls, furniture, my body- all subtle black shapes, no light or detail.