Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-04-2020, 08:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi.. I am not my ego. That's who I'm not!!! But who am I ?? Remains to be seen. Batman's good, but already taken!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it was your ego who decided that you are not your ego
Old 14-04-2020, 11:26 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Maybe it was your ego who decided that you are not your ego
Lol...maybe... I hope not!!! I would prefer to think I am my soul. The real me. To be only my ego might suggest that's all we are. The human. But I believe the true "us" is far more than the ego....
Old 14-04-2020, 08:54 PM
Master
Practical advice:

"For as s/he thinketh in her/his heart, so is s/he" (Proverbs 23:7)

Forget about you. Think/desire what you 'wish' to be (or to be like). Your 'who' will evolve accordingly - according to what you wish to be!

Thinking "I am not 'this' and I am not 'that'!" just as much as "I am 'this' or I am 'that'!" will just reinforce and keep you going round and round in a self-centered loop. Therein lies Advaita's sophisticated philosophy's Achille's heel!
Old 15-04-2020, 04:27 AM
Ascender

Hello all.

It is the time now
to change "who" to "how".

petex
Old 15-04-2020, 04:40 AM
Ascender

Becoming you
when your "how"replaces "who".

petex
Old 15-04-2020, 06:12 AM
Master
...or as Igor Kufayev said last week..the "who am I?" now needs to be replaced with the "where am I?"
Old 19-04-2020, 05:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicValet
Painting reality with our brush, or a borrowed brush...maybe?
Yes I think the brush was handed (information) to us shaping reality. We say we "create" reality but reality more so is memorized where the past is taken into the future. The analogy cautions (input) information we teach early in life that actually influence and shape the reality. The brush is important in early life and is now we try then to create change. I think we often find ourselves in the past. The painting implies it is not already there. Change the brush (cause/input) changes the effect, what can be. But one will never be aware it happened.
Old 19-04-2020, 06:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Yes I think the brush was handed (information) to us shaping reality. We say we "create" reality but reality more so is memorized where the past is taken into the future. The analogy cautions (input) information we teach early in life that actually influence and shape the reality. The brush is important in early life and is now we try then to create change. I think we often find ourselves in the past. The painting implies it is not already there. Change the brush (cause/input) changes the effect, what can be. But one will never be aware it happened.
Never??? Give the truth a break - that is unless you want to stay in your unduly (IMO), presumably for valid personal reasons, 'humble' rut, lemex.
Old 19-04-2020, 07:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Never??? Give the truth a break - that is unless you want to stay in your unduly (IMO), presumably for valid personal reasons, 'humble' rut, lemex.
Yes, never knowing it. You miss the idea, a person will not remember because the change as it led to a different experience. The starting point would not be the same and there is no remembering but could have been different. Here I talk about potential, that was not materialized.

Regarding the idea of seeking change, that still occurs but would be in a different experience. This is something that can't happen, going back into the past but evident changing it can't happen. You spoke about something I agree with and don't challenge what you said. But if events were to have been different for an individual, will experience and evolve differently, but that did not happen. I get the reality of what you are saying but I am talking about the brush.

There is no way to prove if an event changed for a person there would be a different path and having a different perspective. Here we have to look at all the billions of different experience which are one experience. Think with the heart mentioned. Here is an experience. If a person is brought up in a negative environment, such as abuse for instance, there is a tendency that it influences the individual, yet many say this brush is not true. If the person had been brought up in a positive environment what then. Some say it doesn't matter.

There are people who say it is not true and has no influence where the experience would be no different? Here is what I'm saying, individual do not think it important or that they even influence others, but we do.

Because we cannot go back and change reality that would (have) change us, the right (spiritual) decision should have been made. The brush is a person and they must make a mindful decision as we cannot go back. Hope this make sense to I have seen and what others see. My experience is different then another's. If a person had chosen a different potential one would not know it's influence but this can't be proven.

Last edited by lemex : 19-04-2020 at 09:17 PM.
Old 19-04-2020, 09:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, never knowing it. You miss the idea, a person will not remember because the change as it led to a different experience. The starting point would not be the same and there is no remembering but could have been different. Here I talk about potential, that was not materialized.
Oh, but what about the potential that was materialized?

Quote:
There are people who say it is not true and has no influence where the experience would be no different? Here is what I'm saying, individual do not think it important or that they even influence others, but we do.
That's what I am saying too.

Quote:
Because we cannot go back and change reality that would (have) change us, the right (spiritual) decision should have been made. The brush is a person and they must make a mindful decision as we cannot go back. Hope this make sense to I have seen and what others see. My experience is different then another's. If a person had chosen a different potential one would not know it's influence but this can't be proven.
A lot of "cant's" you proclaim. You mean 'beyond a reasonable doubt' or some other kind of 'proof' - in which case, what kind would that be?