Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 07-04-2020, 09:20 PM
Pathfinder
Pantheism.

I am a pantheist. Anybody else?
Old 08-04-2020, 12:12 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhr
I am a pantheist. Anybody else?
Well, I fit the profile, but before I declare myself, I want to know how many, and what kind of religious holidays it has, and if there are any dietary restrictions.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:20 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Well, I fit the profile, but before I declare myself, I want to know how many, and what kind of religious holidays it has, and if there are any dietary restrictions.

Not many people know about pantheism, so you could take whatever holidays you want and nobody would second guess it. There are no dietary restrictions, but once again you could declare whatever you don’t want to eat a dietary restriction.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:06 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Not many people know about pantheism, so you could take whatever holidays you want and nobody would second guess it. There are no dietary restrictions, but once again you could declare whatever you don’t want to eat a dietary restriction.
Well that sounds flexible. What kind of clergy does it have? Can I be a bishop, or a cardinal, or how about a pope? Can I be the pantheist pope, the pantheist pope around?
Old 08-04-2020, 01:29 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Well that sounds flexible. What kind of clergy does it have? Can I be a bishop, or a cardinal, or how about a pope? Can I be the pantheist pope, the pantheist pope around?

I guess you’re exposing that it isn’t exactly a religion. Just a belief system.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:46 AM
ketzer

Quote:
I guess you’re exposing that it isn’t exactly a religion. Just a belief system.
Well, isn't that how all religions get started, as belief systems. Seems to me there is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor here. This could be what ya call a religious startup. And most of the work is already been done.

It's easy to explain too.
Q: What is your idea of God?
A: Yes.

Simple, easy to remember, easy to explain, no lengthy books to read. We could have barbecues on Sunday instead of mass. This could really catch on. I have been a pantheist for a long time now, why am I just thinking about this now?
Old 08-04-2020, 01:51 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Well, isn't that how all religions get started, as belief systems. Seems to me there is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor here. This could be what ya call a religious startup. And most of the work is already been done.

It's easy to explain too.
Q: What is your idea of God?
A: Yes.

Simple, easy to remember, easy to explain, no lengthy books to read. We could have barbecues on Sunday instead of mass. This could really catch on. I have been a pantheist for a long time now, why am I just thinking about this now?

Well okay then, I guess the position of Pope is up for grabs. If you want it it’s your’s.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:41 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Well okay then, I guess the position of Pope is up for grabs. If you want it it’s your’s.
Great. Now as Pope we order all of the faithful to get started on our coronation and building our Vatican. His holiness expects regular progress reports.
That is all for now.
Old 15-04-2020, 09:23 PM
Master
Some 'points' relating to the subject: "In Greek pan means 'all,' theos means 'god,' and en means 'in.' Pantheism means that all is God; panentheism, that all is in God. The two doctrines can be definitely distinguished. When considered together they may be called the pan-doctrines."

If this piques anyone's interest, there more on the subject at:
https://www.encyclopedia.com/environ...nd-panentheism
Old 16-04-2020, 12:40 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Some 'points' relating to the subject: "In Greek pan means 'all,' theos means 'god,' and en means 'in.' Pantheism means that all is God; panentheism, that all is in God. The two doctrines can be definitely distinguished. When considered together they may be called the pan-doctrines."

If this piques anyone's interest, there more on the subject at:
https://www.encyclopedia.com/environ...nd-panentheism
Interesting if subtle distinctions. I can't help thinking as I read that, "oh what a tangled web we weave" even when we are not trying to deceive. There are many different paradoxes out there that claim one solution or another that theologians will argue back and forth about. Sometimes, and I think this is one such time, I believe I prefer the magicians over the logicians. I will leave some things in the mystery for now. These arguments seem to have a way of focusing on the minor nuances of the bark on the trees and loosing sight of the forest. I am sure Aristotle was a great thinker, but perhaps sometimes he thinks too much.
Anyway, panentheism, pantheism, I am still the duly elected Pope of it all!

Last edited by ketzer : 16-04-2020 at 01:23 AM. Reason: I am the Pope of pantheism, I need no reason.