Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 07-04-2020, 09:20 PM
Pathfinder
Pantheism.

I am a pantheist. Anybody else?
Old 08-04-2020, 12:12 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhr
Well, I fit the profile, but before I declare myself, I want to know how many, and what kind of religious holidays it has, and if there are any dietary restrictions.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:20 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Well, I fit the profile, but before I declare myself, I want to know how many, and what kind of religious holidays it has, and if there are any dietary restrictions.

Not many people know about pantheism, so you could take whatever holidays you want and nobody would second guess it. There are no dietary restrictions, but once again you could declare whatever you don’t want to eat a dietary restriction.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:06 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Not many people know about pantheism, so you could take whatever holidays you want and nobody would second guess it. There are no dietary restrictions, but once again you could declare whatever you don’t want to eat a dietary restriction.
Well that sounds flexible. What kind of clergy does it have? Can I be a bishop, or a cardinal, or how about a pope? Can I be the pantheist pope, the pantheist pope around?
Old 08-04-2020, 01:29 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Well that sounds flexible. What kind of clergy does it have? Can I be a bishop, or a cardinal, or how about a pope? Can I be the pantheist pope, the pantheist pope around?

I guess you’re exposing that it isn’t exactly a religion. Just a belief system.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:46 AM
ketzer

Quote:
I guess you’re exposing that it isn’t exactly a religion. Just a belief system.
Well, isn't that how all religions get started, as belief systems. Seems to me there is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor here. This could be what ya call a religious startup. And most of the work is already been done.

It's easy to explain too.
Q: What is your idea of God?
A: Yes.

Simple, easy to remember, easy to explain, no lengthy books to read. We could have barbecues on Sunday instead of mass. This could really catch on. I have been a pantheist for a long time now, why am I just thinking about this now?
Old 20-04-2020, 02:38 PM
Cat

Quote:
Naw, I'm into the One Brilliant Agent beyond space and time - -are there
lesser gods out there - sure, maybe - I would call them way Advanced Souls or beyond Masters...maybe.

But, I'll stick with the One, the Only One...my one Father/Creator.

But I don't care if ya believe in no God or many...I do care that
you are having fun and are happy and well, tho.
(And are kind, not rude to others.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-04-2020, 03:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
(And are kind, not rude to others.)
You mean "kind not rude" to those who self-indulgently adandon, betray, or simply leech off of others in the Stream of Life (who are Living Life as well) - like 'adult', 'I' am Wonderful because 'I' am 'God' thumbsuckers - I presume? If not, please clarify.

This comes to mind in the foregoing regard (quoted from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Jack_Horner ):

Little Jack Horner
Sat in the corner,
Eating his Christmas pie;
He put in his thumb,
And pulled out a plum,
And said, "What a good boy am I!"

Old 20-04-2020, 05:08 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
You mean "kind not rude" to those who self-indulgently adandon, betray, or simply leech off of others in the Stream of Life (who are Living Life as well) - like 'adult', 'I' am Wonderful because 'I' am 'God' thumbsuckers - I presume? If not, please clarify.

This comes to mind in the foregoing regard (quoted from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Jack_Horner ):

Little Jack Horner
Sat in the corner,
Eating his Christmas pie;
He put in his thumb,
And pulled out a plum,
And said, "What a good boy am I!"

Maybe it is just that I don't understand this particular dialect of David-speak but I must say. I don't know much about this horny little Jack guy, or what he did wrong to have to sit in the corner, but the tone of your post makes it sound like you are genuinely upset about it. ? .

Perhaps this is some sort of PTSD thing with repressed memories coming to the surface...IDK. If it would help, perhaps we could arrange for a papal indulgence for little Jack, free of charge, to expunge whatever crime he committed to be sentenced to his time in the corner.
In pantheism, we place no boundaries on who should be treated "kind not rude".
Old 20-04-2020, 06:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Perhaps this is some sort of PTSD thing with repressed memories coming to the surface...IDK. If it would help, perhaps we could arrange for a papal indulgence for little Jack, free of charge, to expunge whatever crime he committed to be sentenced to his time in the corner.
In pantheism, we place no boundaries on who should be treated "kind not rude".
I assume you didn't 'bother' (because you didn't have 'the time') to click on and read what's the link relating to the poem about Jack Horner. No PTSD, law-breaking 'crime' or papal indulgence involved: from what's at the wiki-link about the poem: "it was early associated with acts of opportunism, particularly in politics. Moralists also rewrote and expanded the poem so as to counter its celebration of greediness (i.e. of what I call self-indulgence )."