Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 05-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
You don't have to go to church to believe in Jesus. He never went to church, he never set up any churches, he never wrote the bible...

Just some thoughts about this tremendous being.

Yes, regarding the prophets, they were all imperfect and fallible. Again, Saved means rescued, and Grace means unmerited favor.
Jesus at least attended Temple in the synagogue at times, especially during His youth, until He pronounced Himself as the fulfillment of prophecy, and they tried to execute Him for it.

King David was not allowed by God to build the Temple because of all the blood he shed.
Even though the people saw him as a hero for keeping the nation intact from it's enemies, and predators, by waging successful battles, and in the nation's defense.

Yet, Christ affirms Who He is in Revelation, stating that, concerning His incarnation into the world, saying that He is the offspring of David... and the Bright and Morning Star.

"14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and *****mongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

Song. "I Wish We'd All Been Ready."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9mETkfC7xQ

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 07-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Master
Nice stuff Morpheus! Things I never knew about King David.

I start to wonder about Christ's talk on "the root and offspring of David". I wonder if it is literal or metaphorical.

What exactly is David's root and offspring? I have heard several interpretations. I have heard people say that Jesus was literally David reincarnated. I have heard people say Jesus was Solomon reincarnated. I have heard people say that Jesus referring himself to the root of David, which was his faith in a Divine Consciousness that made him into who he was, and the offspring of David refers to Jesus' human nature born of that lineage. So Son of God is the root of David, and offspring of David is the Son of Man which are both titles that Jesus used.

Who knows. Maybe they are all correct. Maybe Jesus was literally David, and at the same time his offspring the Son of Man.

I wonder what Church's say about this verse.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:59 PM
spiritualized

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rqw4krMOug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFw5TsAi1Mk

Plenty of stuff on you tube to get rid of the Religious indoctrination/mind virus. Christopher Hitchens is very good -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DKfJfKb5y0
Old 09-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Nice stuff Morpheus! Things I never knew about King David.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777

I start to wonder about Christ's talk on "the root and offspring of David". I wonder if it is literal or metaphorical.

What exactly is David's root and offspring?
I have heard several interpretations. I have heard people say that Jesus was literally David reincarnated.
I have heard people say Jesus was Solomon reincarnated. I have heard people say that Jesus referring himself to the root of David, which was his faith in a Divine Consciousness that made him into who he was, and the offspring of David refers to Jesus' human nature born of that lineage.
So Son of God is the root of David, and offspring of David is the Son of Man which are both titles that Jesus used.

Who knows. Maybe they are all correct. Maybe Jesus was literally David, and at the same time his offspring the Son of Man.

I wonder what Church's say about this verse.

Perhaps it is in reference to DNA Amillus, regarding David's lineage, of Abraham,
and,
regarding Christ's unity with God, and His physical incarnation into, "The Matrix", both.
Jesus also states, "I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end."

See also my latest post in The Matrix thread.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 18-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Fundamentalist Christians have really messed my head up big time. Im am worried about going to hell and have a sickening fear of death.

They have also told me that Jesus will come and send all other religions to Hell.

I hate this fear, is Christianity and the bible the only real truth?

The Truth just is.
God is Truth.

There are two situations only, also in the world. It's not really about the different faiths, because at their essence, they say the same thing, testifying of Truth.
The only two real situations are fundamentalists, or extremists, and non. The fundamentaist and extremist still have ego, and an earth centric viewpoint maintained, while other does not, which is the true spiritual perspective.
Ego and earth centric involve the survival instinct, all of which is the main problem in, "the world".
Both material life, and death from it, are the illusions.
Fear is the result of being attached to the material illusion, through inurement and acts thereof. The, "sins", related in the Bible, and elsewhere.
Extract yourself. Be true.

"Whosoever call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Old 08-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnnn1
Fundamentalist Christians have really messed my head up big time. Im am worried about going to hell and have a sickening fear of death.

They have also told me that Jesus will come and send all other religions to Hell.

I hate this fear, is Christianity and the bible the only real truth?

Do you think God is Love? If so, isn't what you wrote above in total contradiction?

Christianity and the bible are NOT the only real truth and put a question mark after "real truth."

If fundamentalist Christians have told you these things they, firstly, have no understanding of the bible, God or Jesus and, secondly, to make a person so afraid is outrageous because it is as if they put you in prison.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Toolite

Seek God for oneself so he will know Him.
GTG
Old 14-01-2013, 12:26 PM
tajul92

I know that feel man, I was raised a muslim and was told non-muslims will go to hell. I was also told it is very hard to avoid hell. Anyway I left islam at 17 and became an agnostic till now.

You need to go to a psychiatrist to treat your hadephobia, as I did. It's working, although I am not yet 100% cured. Looking forward to a trip to hypnotherapist.

You can check out Near Death Experiences (NDE) to help you. Even suicides don't necessarily go to hell. :)
Old 22-01-2013, 01:54 AM
Guide

I take the bible as a book about a culture that was corrupted by man several times to control the masses. I can't trust a book that says it's okay to rape women or that you can't eat lobster, lol.

I do believe Jesus was a teacher and didn't want to be worshipped, but he was turned into something other than what he was - a man not much different than you or I - who had an immense understanding of connection to god, and he was trying to get everyone to understand it in their language of the time. He tore the veil, telling everyone that you are connected to god already and don't need someone else to do it for you. Ever. No priest, no pastor, no book, no congregation, no bible study, no certificate showing you belong to such and such church.

If you strip away the rules and miracles and superfluous fluff surrounding any religion I am sure you will come to some of the same conclusions: you want to become like god. And you already are. There's no difference between you and Jesus. Jesus was made by god and thus so are you, and god makes everything so everything is made of the same stuff, not Islamists are made of this stuff and Christians are made of this stuff, etc. If god created everything, that means everything comes from god, and you cannot take god out of what it has created, which means the same divinity that was in Jesus is in you. And if you cannot take god out of what it has created, that means you are still connected to god!

And you don't need to be "saved" because you, thus derived from god and a part of god and forever connected to god, cannot be destroyed because that would mean destroying god, and that would mean god would have to destroy itself, and I am sure god would be able to correct - thus reincarnation and karma - what is wrong with even the most heinous of people, instead of destroying. So if you cannot be destroyed, just this ego and this body, then that means you do not need to be "saved" from eternal destruction. You just need to remember who you are.

The faith has to be in your connection which does exist, not in what a religion says it has in concerns with power to get you there.
Old 21-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll
I take the bible as a book about a culture that was corrupted by man several times to control the masses. I can't trust a book that says it's okay to rape women or that you can't eat lobster, lol.

I do believe Jesus was a teacher and didn't want to be worshipped, but he was turned into something other than what he was - a man not much different than you or I - who had an immense understanding of connection to god, and he was trying to get everyone to understand it in their language of the time. He tore the veil, telling everyone that you are connected to god already and don't need someone else to do it for you. Ever. No priest, no pastor, no book, no congregation, no bible study, no certificate showing you belong to such and such church.

If you strip away the rules and miracles and superfluous fluff surrounding any religion I am sure you will come to some of the same conclusions: you want to become like god. And you already are. There's no difference between you and Jesus. Jesus was made by god and thus so are you, and god makes everything so everything is made of the same stuff, not Islamists are made of this stuff and Christians are made of this stuff, etc. If god created everything, that means everything comes from god, and you cannot take god out of what it has created, which means the same divinity that was in Jesus is in you. And if you cannot take god out of what it has created, that means you are still connected to god!

And you don't need to be "saved" because you, thus derived from god and a part of god and forever connected to god, cannot be destroyed because that would mean destroying god, and that would mean god would have to destroy itself, and I am sure god would be able to correct - thus reincarnation and karma - what is wrong with even the most heinous of people, instead of destroying. So if you cannot be destroyed, just this ego and this body, then that means you do not need to be "saved" from eternal destruction. You just need to remember who you are.

The faith has to be in your connection which does exist, not in what a religion says it has in concerns with power to get you there.

For one, Jesus confirmed the ancient Far Eastern teachings about "Maya", the illusory aspect of the material world, in time and space.
He did so by His teachings on Faith, the effectiveness of Faith and prayer, both, on the outer world reality. Teachings things like if you believe and don't doubt, nothing shall be impossible to you.

As well, Jesus never corrected anyone who fell down on their knees in worship of Him. Usually after a healing had been performed for them in compassion.

If He were not God incarnate, it would have been blasphemous for Him to accept this worship. True, we are all part of God, but we find ourselves here in this temporary and illusory material world construct, having to do with Ego, and, a "Fall".