Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 05-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Guide
The best way to worship Mother Goddess Shakti is to meditate on Her.

Beginers may chose breathing passing point in between center of two ears, where nearby Ajna Chakra/ Pineal Chakra exist. assume that on that point Mother Goddess exist. If you have faith in Mother Goddess Shakti, then She definitely exist there. Meditate on that point, I mean meditate on Mother Goddess Shakti on that point.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste.

That's wonderful Bindu.

It's a bit difficult for a full-on Shiv Bhakta to worship the Divine Mother after noting everything is Shiva, with Shakti only a manifestation of the Saguna aspect of Brahman and the challenge for me this Navaratri has been to try and find my own personal 'workable model' of the Divine Goddess.

So, I started out with Ardhanarishwara and I could accept that. I could accept the Goddess as being Shive (or the feminine form of Shiva) and yet I wanted to go deeper, so I went into the whole Shri Yantra and made it my avatar.

The triangles pointing downward represent Shiva, as the energies flowing down from the Crown Chakra and the triangles pointing upwards are the energies from the Goddess, flowing upwards from Muladhara and thus, I worship the Goddess in the forms of Lakini, Dakini, Makini and Kundalini herself! The latent power existing within us all and everything is just a representation of Her!

So, with that I went back to joyfully reading Adi Shankara's Soundarya Lahari again.

Om Namah Shivay

Hi Shivani Devi

I second your post. I have had some problems too with this Goddess worship as my mind tends to stick to Shiva...isness.

I have always loved the iconography of Shiva. And also I have repeated a Shiva mantra for decades. Still that path I'm on is a path which worship shakti and Shiva.

I struggle with the concept (and truth) of the fact that Shiva and Shakti are ONE. Worship of Mother IS worship of Shiva. And as you also say that the road to Shiva is through the Shakti. This is said also on paths which are more exclusive Shiva centered paths like Lakshan joo's teachings et.c..

I have alternated with Devi bhakti and Shiva bhakti feeling a bit torn. But slowly the issue have been more blended. I have also practiced the "trick" of worshipping Ardanishwara - the half shiva - half shakti picture.

During navratri I have practiced some devi mantran, but still sticked to an increased effort of my Shiva mantra.
Swami Shivananda in his book about hindu festivals said that increased Japa of your tutelary deity is what his devotees do during navratri.

Here is Shivananda's tips on navratri
http://www.dlshq.org/religions/navaratri.htm
Quote:
3.All are exhorted to do the maximum number of Japa of the Navarna Mantra, Aim hreem kleem chaamundaayai vichche, or the Mantra of their own tutelary Deity.

So I have done much japa of my shiva mantra, but still practiced some chanting of Devi mantran and tuning into her......
Old 05-10-2017, 12:14 PM
Knower

As for now after Navratri I have felt the need to invoke Durga in every meditation by visualising her beautiful form drawing her shakti into me.
Seeing her as the protective shakti and also as the kundalini manifesting within the body/mind.
I feel the need of doing this now as my life seems to manifest some real life challenges in private sphere. I ask Durga for energy, courage and willpower et.c. to help me out to act with power, dispassion and love....

Sally Kemptons book "Awakening Shakti" is very helpful.
She is a former Swami on my path.

"Om dum durgayei namaha" !

Old 05-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Master
Namaste.

Parvati is also Lord Shiva's greatest student!

Without anybody to teach the Vigyan Bhairav Tantra to, we all would be none the wiser as to the content, would we?

Also, I can understand that without Maya (Shakti), Shiva would only be Parabrahman and wouldn't have the saguna aspect (iconography) I also admire....yet it's still rather difficult to separate Shiva from His energies, but yeah, the whole point here is not to. =)

I guess we all have different ideas about how the Divine Goddess appears to us and Durga riding the tiger is amazing and all, but it doesn't quite 'go there' enough for me, nor does Kali...where the Buddhist notion of Kwan Yin comes closer for me in regards, or even the Babylonian Ishtar.

I also keep having a very weird and sneaking feeling that Durga ain't very happy with me making moves on Her 'other half' and She is one I wouldn't want to make angry in any way. lol

Having said that, your picture is very nice, but this is what I feel inside when I feel 'Goddess':

ॐ त्रिपुरायै विद्महे महाभैरव्यै धीमहि तन्नो देवी प्रचोदयात
Om Tripurayai Vidmahe Mahabhairavyai Dhimahi Tanno Devi Prachodayat
Old 06-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Knower
Nice picture.....

Seems a bit Kali like with the sculls stuff.

My taste for the icons of Shakti seems to shift from time to time,
from period to period.
Probably the Shakti attracts to what is most potent need at the time I guess.

However I have decided to continuing the study of the Spanda Karikas.
A 6 week teaching about the Shakti. Combining meditation and scriptural study.
Here's a pdf of a book on Spanda karikas.

http://cincinnatitemple.com/articles...-Pulsation.pdf

I have also booked a flight ticket to go and see Ammachi, the huggin saint, who is touring in Europe this fall.

So this will be some inspiration for keeping sadhana going I guess.....
Old 08-10-2017, 02:35 PM
Newbie ;)

I have contemplated for hours the great sweetness of Anandamayi Ma pictures in the past. All the images show His deep sweetness. I like especially the above picture, it seems to me the look that Virgin Maria should have.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:56 AM
Knower
Anandamayi Ma is certainly on my top 5 people I would have died to meet while alive.

Her life story and the actual Shakti in her words are phenomenal.

This is a great quote from her describing her experience of life;

Quote:
paramhansa yogananda wrote about her in his “autobiography of a yogi”. when paramahansa yogananda met anandamayi ma and asked her about her life, she answered:

"father, there is little to tell.” she spread her graceful hands in a deprecatory gesture. “my consciousness has never associated itself with this temporary body. before i came on this earth, father, ‘i was the same.’ as a little girl, ‘i was the same.’ i grew into womanhood, but still ‘i was the same.’ when the family in which i had been born made arrangements to have this body married, ‘i was the same.’ … and, father, in front of you now, ‘i am the same.’ ever afterward, though the dance of creation change[s] around me in the hall of eternity, ‘i shall be the same.'”

Old 02-11-2020, 06:39 AM
Master

Happy Navratri and salutations to the Divine Mother!

Some grand sayings of Sri Anandamayi Ma which I found insightful and useful....

Divine happiness, even the tiniest particle of a grain of it, never leaves one again; and when one attains to the essence of things and finds one’s Self–this is supreme happiness. When it is found, nothing else remains to be found; the sense of want will not awaken anymore, and the heart’s torment will be stilled forever. Do not be satisfied with fragmentary happiness, which is invariably interrupted by shocks and blows of fate; but become complete, and having attained to perfection, be YOURSELF.

Forgetfulness of God is the greatest sin; His constant remembrance is the greatest virtue.

The more you contemplate Him, the more rapid will be your progress.

If your thought does not naturally flow towards the Eternal, fix it there by an effort of will.

Endeavour to concentrate on the breath; this will provide a check on the mind preventing it from wandering away to outer objects.

According as worldly interests decrease, one progresses towards real joy.

Discipline of the tongue and other sense organs will help the mind to withdraw from outer things and will turn it inwards.

Control your mind for sense objects. Be moderate in eating, sleeping. As a pilgrim on the path to God, you should be content with such food and sleep as will help you to remain fit for the onward march.

What appears delightful to the senses later develops into a hotbed of poison, generating inner turmoil and disaster, for it belongs to the realm of death.

Bear in mind that God’s Name is He Himself in one form; let it be your inseparable companion. Try your utmost never to remain without Him. The more intense and continuous your efforts to dwell in His Presence, the greater will be the likelihood of your growing joyful and serene. When your mind becomes vacant, endeavor to fill it with the awareness of God and His contemplation.

Who am I? With this attitude endeavor to let the mind stand back as a witness. Search after your Self. As long as possible, sit immersed in meditation, becoming quite still, steady and fully concentrated.

The obstinacy of the mind must be curbed with resoluteness. Whether the mind co-operates or not, you must be adamant in your determination to do a certain amount of practice without fail – simply because spiritual discipline is man's real work. For so long you have been accustomed to perform actions that fetter, therefore from sheer force of habit you feel the urge to bind yourself by activity again and again. But if you try hard for some time, you will be able to see for yourself how you are caught in your work, and that the more you engage in practice the quicker will be your advance.

Seekers after truth must never be overpowered by anything. Fully conscious and wide-awake, with the attitude of a spectator, they must watch anything that happens.

The endeavour to awaken to his real nature is man's duty as a human being.

If one cultivates the habit of doing everything well, there is fair promise of ones doing likewise on the spiritual path.

To live upto the highest ideals seems irksome at first, but ultimately brings real well-being at peace.

Force of character is man's great strength. If he uses it in his dealings with the world he will indeed be victorious in most directions.

By saying I cannot one does not get far. One has to acquire capacity and achieve his end.

Whatever may be your shortcomings, don’t be depressed, don’t lose hope. Try to improve yourself.

Even if he has slipped and fallen, is it not his bounden duty to use as a lever the very earth to which he has tumbled and raise himself up again.

Acquire a firm will and the utmost patience.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 05-11-2020, 05:10 PM
Master
https://www.mygodpictures.com/wp-con...ra-550x624.jpg

Another aspect of the Divine mother - Mother Meera
Old 05-11-2020, 05:11 PM
Master