Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
Belief and Faith I think can bring you into Being. I watch Joel Osteen on TV. He is the most joyful, crys out of joy. You just see his eyes glistening with joy. He is in peace during down periods, because he knows he will propel even further once it has passed. He has found a different way of Being, by giving it to God. I guess belief and faith can really bring a person into Being.

Maybe, though belief and faith are not benign... we just entertain ideals... but in the world, people kill each other in the name of God.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I lived next door to her for 24 years, but forget imaginary things. Could there not be the unimaginable?

But when Alice moved away...Sally was there...;o)

http://www.thesecondadvent.com
Old 11-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Lex

Originally Posted by moke64916
"Belief and Faith I think can bring you into Being. I watch Joel Osteen on TV. He is the most joyful, crys out of joy. You just see his eyes glistening with joy. He is in peace during down periods, because he knows he will propel even further once it has passed. He has found a different way of Being, by giving it to God. I guess belief and faith can really bring a person into Being."

That glistening in his eyes is madness; the peace during his down periods is exhaustion...being mad is demanding.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Lex

I ran out of time to finish reading the entire thread (stopped at page 9), so I may be off track by now; but, I think I understand what Gem was talking about at the beginning.

We all have these ideals to live and let live, believe and accept what other's believe. There are however, beliefs that harm others and we should not be tolerant of these. Nazism and terrorism are good examples, there are many more.

I try to avoid quoting the Bible, especially when it comes to something that Jesus said (assuming that he actually lived and that whoever wrote down the quote got it right), and paraphrasing that quote, "I have not come to bring peace, but a sword." There are times when a sword is necessary and action taken to stop the "beliefs" of tyrants, psychopaths, et al, that are causing harm to others.

http://thesecondadvent.com
Old 29-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex
I ran out of time to finish reading the entire thread (stopped at page 9), so I may be off track by now; but, I think I understand what Gem was talking about at the beginning.

We all have these ideals to live and let live, believe and accept what other's believe. There are however, beliefs that harm others and we should not be tolerant of these. Nazism and terrorism are good examples, there are many more.

I try to avoid quoting the Bible, especially when it comes to something that Jesus said (assuming that he actually lived and that whoever wrote down the quote got it right), and paraphrasing that quote, "I have not come to bring peace, but a sword." There are times when a sword is necessary and action taken to stop the "beliefs" of tyrants, psychopaths, et al, that are causing harm to others.

http://thesecondadvent.com

Yay! I hear the voice of reason which barefecedly admits we don't really respect all beliefs... and indeed it is true expousing some beliefs would resut in the immediate banning from these forums...

What if I were to come here and begin to expouse my racist beliefs? Certainly I would be banned ...

...so why do we insist that 'we respect the belief of others' when the truth is we respect beliefs which are most closely alligned with our own.