Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 10-08-2019, 12:52 AM
Master
Groundings about seeing things in a positive light and getting away from the negatives that one may be experiencing. Love allows us to be grounded and only takes a choice. That is choosing to love ourselves and others. The recipe for a solid grounding LOVE.
Old 14-08-2019, 12:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryad
I find grounding is frequently misunderstood. What are you trying to do and why and what do you think the purpose of grounding is?

I know what grounding is and I know why I need it. Did you read my OP?
Old 14-08-2019, 12:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
I suggest you plant a garden and spend an hour a day tending it. That is the most grounding thing I know of besides digging holes.

I have a friend who has a similar problem with grounding and she spends time doing a walking meditation in her yard barefoot.

I think that this is a lovely idea, I did do the walking thing. However I have since had some communication with spirit that has highlighted why I have been struggling with this.

It is in hand now and I do feel better.
Old 14-08-2019, 12:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
I have a similar suggestion...going on walks which ground you in your environment. When you are present in the experience, it is deeply healing.
Best of all is to walk under or near woods or trees or greenery, and preferably on grass or ground, or even gravel.

Not pavement or turf.
Walking meditation...or hiking meditation.
Just about the most grounding thing you can do whilst moving and being up and about.

Here is another one, deep grounding for healing major emotional and spiritual trauma...if you are able. Be sure to check local water and shark conditions and be sure you are safe:
Rest on sand in the ocean shallows with the tide coming in or out, at dusk or in early evening. That is the most powerful, particularly in the prone position (the deepest yoga nidra position).

If that is not easily done, sitting on the ground at dawn, dusk, or in moonlight anywhere in nature where you can view water, even just a pond or stream, is also healing and grounding.
Lastly, you can sit on a rock or on wood near or overlooking water.

Peace & blessings
7L

Thanks 7L, my favourite is the water one, however I am nowhere near water on a daily basis so this is not going to work for me. My friend is off in Sept I am going to appeal to him to take me to the beach...

I have a little wood near me & I have gotten into leaning against trees. We share stories, talk and I feel better.

I think the major issue is not learning tricks on how to ground, I know most of them. It's just finding something that works as honestly they don't last that long for me. However as I said in WildHairedWoman's response, I am now in possesion of the facts and I understand why it is happening.

Awareness is key here and it is making it easier for me to ground for longer periods of time
Old 14-08-2019, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Groundings about seeing things in a positive light and getting away from the negatives that one may be experiencing. Love allows us to be grounded and only takes a choice. That is choosing to love ourselves and others. The recipe for a solid grounding LOVE.

Love is everything I agree. However I am not sure what it has to do with grounding? Maybe you can explain this more, as to my mind you can be the most loving person to yourself and others and still be ungrounded.
Old 20-08-2019, 08:17 AM
Master

I myself have lots of trouble with grounding. I think I have to try to do some inner child work, however I find it difficult.

Anyway, the way I try to become more grounded currently is by internalizing situations into my root chakra. I just make myself able to see it as it is and remembering what the situation is like. It makes it more acceptable if things are known and it’s just the reality of the moment. Maybe if you have stories you just do the same with your thoughts. It’s just what it is. I do this differently (in a way most people can’t I guess) but maybe going back to the present moment helps. See eckhart tolle. It’s about really integrating the experience into “known experiences” however.

EDIT: maybe you could think “oh it’s just this”
Old 20-08-2019, 12:34 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
I know what grounding is and I know why I need it. Did you read my OP?

Yes I did. It didn't tell me whether you think the purpose of grounding is to release energy or to receive energy or to connect with the physical earth or to connect with Gaia or to anchor yourself or to stabilise your energy or to acknowledge your place in the universe.....all possible interpretations, some of which contradict each other and all of which have different underlying principles and therefore different techniques.
Old 20-08-2019, 10:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryad
Yes I did. It didn't tell me whether you think the purpose of grounding is to release energy or to receive energy or to connect with the physical earth or to connect with Gaia or to anchor yourself or to stabilise your energy or to acknowledge your place in the universe.....all possible interpretations, some of which contradict each other and all of which have different underlying principles and therefore different techniques.

I think that the human mind over conceptualises these things. To me Grounding is to have your energy anchored - which to me means all of the things that you have said under the one umbrella. Spirit just says to me that it is to be of this world. I would not seperate them. I truly think that to seperate them is to simplify the general idea of being here. Also maybe I just need to do them all. Techniques are just tools anyway that humans use because we are dis-connected, we wouldn't need them if we were aligned. Anyway, to be honest things have got better, I have underestood why and cleared it to a degree. Thank goodness for the Lions Gate and Full Moon, it seemed to open the channel to healing for me.
Old 20-08-2019, 10:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by realizefun
I myself have lots of trouble with grounding. I think I have to try to do some inner child work, however I find it difficult.

Anyway, the way I try to become more grounded currently is by internalizing situations into my root chakra. I just make myself able to see it as it is and remembering what the situation is like. It makes it more acceptable if things are known and it’s just the reality of the moment. Maybe if you have stories you just do the same with your thoughts. It’s just what it is. I do this differently (in a way most people can’t I guess) but maybe going back to the present moment helps. See eckhart tolle. It’s about really integrating the experience into “known experiences” however.

EDIT: maybe you could think “oh it’s just this”

Thank you for this, I am feeling good now anyway - maybe the problems were more planetary than I realised.
Old 21-08-2019, 08:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
Thank you for this, I am feeling good now anyway - maybe the problems were more planetary than I realised.

How did you solve your problems? Maybe some people including me can learn something from it