Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 13-11-2019, 06:32 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
It seems that meditation is somehow helping me to deatch from my own emotions, I am able, sometimes, to step aside from the flow of my emotions and be in a place of emptiness where there are no emotions, there's absolutely nothing there.. The thing is that I don't really like this, a life without emotions is like the food without taste or it's like the food without salt.I only want to deatch myself from the negative emotions that are not letting me to enjoy life, but to deatch from all... I do not want this.. How can I experience the human love if I detach myself from all emotions? Believe me, it's working, these recent days have been really strange, I can really step aside and feel nothing but this nothingness is pure emptiness, there's nothing there, absolutely nothing.I never truly experienced the human love, you know, the love between a husband and a wife, and now, with this detachment, I may never ever experience it.. This is a very pessimist view, I know, I know.

Hi Thatman,

This is the second thread of you I am reading and commenting that has to do with once again, denial of your feelings, as I see it.

I feel like I am watching a drama up on a stage in which there is just 1 actor, your person, expecting the applause just prior to the curtains close.

A drama created by the actor himself for his audience and/or readers.

I also do not feel that your view is "pessimistic" as you view this but, over-exaggerated and over the top completely that it takes place when as it is witnessed by me in this thread, the thoughts and emotions of another are just all over the place and out of control and absolutely untamed with no discipline whatsoever.

In other words, get yourself together and face the reality of your negative feelings, go through them, feel , release, express and let go of them , once and for good!.

You can get detached from your negative feelings, yes, and there are many ways to get detached with them, yes but, they will find a way to come out like snakes to bite you and your life and what will be released will be nothing else other than poison and this biting and poison is going to be very/extremely toxic.

The problem from the context of your thread is that you have no feelings and feel nothing but, emptiness and empty inside.

My suggestion is to find the reasons why you feel empty and taking each one of them, 1 by 1, to deal with them.

In this way, leave behind this unnecessary, in my opinion, drama.
Old 13-11-2019, 07:16 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Here's a good article on healthy detachment.

"The 5 Stages of Detachment: Learning How to Let Go"

https://www.yogajournal.com/yoga-101...ice-detachment

"The Gita actually addresses many of the questions that we have about detachment—pointing out, for instance, that we are really supposed to give up not our families or our capacity for enjoyment but our tendency to identify with our bodies and personalities instead of with pure, deathless Awareness."

Capacity for sorrow goes right along with that of enjoyment, and the trick is to recognize they are products of an impermanent body-mind and not of our true immortal reality.

Detachment, as I understand, is detaching from overreaction, from getting caught and stuck in emotion. Perseverating to the point that we are reacting vs. acting.

And another good article.

https://www.successconsciousness.com...or-meditation/

"This skill helps you to avoid being emotionally upset in the various situations of your life, and not take things too personally."

"The kind of emotional detachment I am talking about has nothing to do with being indifferent and keeping away from people. I am talking about being calm and in control of your mind in the various situations of your life."

If you read through both articles you'll notice what you're experiencing isn't detachment. It's something else and I'd say since you've been practicing meditation intensively for a year it's more than likely related to Dark Night of the Soul. And yes, contrary to what some say it is a real thing and studied by psychologists and psychiatrists.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/is-it-...t-of-the-soul/

“In accompanying people through dark-night experiences, I never felt the negativity and resentment I often felt when working with depressed people,” explains Dr. May.

"Kevin Culligan, OCD, a psychologist and the former chair of the Institute of Carmelite Studies, also distinguishes between the dark night and clinical depression in his chapter in the book, Carmelite Spirituality, edited by Keith Egan (a wonderful professor of mine at Saint Mary’s College and my thesis director for a paper I wrote on John of the Cross’ The Dark Night)."

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy : 13-11-2019 at 08:25 PM.
Old 14-11-2019, 02:41 AM
Master

Any state of being manifesting a contracted feeling
is invariably brought about by our ego narrowly perceiving
in turn has to do with our consciousness identifying & associating
with an object real or imaginary it is deludedly fearing or desiring

What the mind interprets to be detachment is more oft than not indifference
that we know deep within as sinking ennui rather than joyous exuberance
Likewise then we may reason that what some of us may call meditation
is quite different from self hypnotic thought controlled healing sedation

Meditation being simply shifting our attention from the ephemeral external
to mind-body rested identity-less awareness simply present in silence eternal
wherein neither repressing nor sublimating any ego associated negativity
we being formless awareness re-connect to divine love magnetism in entirety

As such there is no doer present within and yet all the doing is invisibly done
while we as pristine awareness simply resistancelessly be to become
Love itself in fullness filling the voids of emptiness within
in identity dropped presence still and sanguine

Old 14-11-2019, 03:20 AM
Master
Quote:
It seems that meditation is somehow helping me to deatch from my own emotions, I am able, sometimes, to step aside from the flow of my emotions and be in a place of emptiness where there are no emotions, there's absolutely nothing there.. The thing is that I don't really like this, a life without emotions is like the food without taste or it's like the food without salt.I only want to deatch myself from the negative emotions that are not letting me to enjoy life, but to deatch from all... I do not want this.. How can I experience the human love if I detach myself from all emotions? Believe me, it's working, these recent days have been really strange, I can really step aside and feel nothing but this nothingness is pure emptiness, there's nothing there, absolutely nothing.I never truly experienced the human love, you know, the love between a husband and a wife, and now, with this detachment, I may never ever experience it.. This is a very pessimist view, I know, I know.
This is going to get a bit involved...please bear with me.

Occasionally, I will tread through that "Valley" as described in Psalm 23.
Occasionally, I will fall into the "Abyss" as described by Nietzsche and Dante..without another living (or undead) soul present...."Helllooooo".

Suffice to say, I get where you are coming from and in that place, have managed to meet via this thread.

It could be a "Dark Night of the Soul" as "Simple Guy" said...or it could be just a par for the course during the Ascension process and the adaptation of the physical body and senses as they make way for the construction of the "Light/Rainbow Body"...it is like "I needed those Downloads from the Universe... YESTERDAY!" So the brain goes into autopilot while it waits for the upgrade and how long it needs to remain in oblivion is anybody's guess...if time actually means anything at all to Source.

One thing I have learned (and it took a while) is to keep open for any/all possibilities after totally detaching my focused awareness off my emotions..I would never say that I am incapable of feeling/experiencing love because I can..and I do..not ALL of the time..I wouldn't even say MOST of the time..or even SOME of the time...but occasionally, it will catch me totally unawares...I will look up at the billions of galaxies...my heart will explore like supernova..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsp3_a-PMTw

So, I know it's there ..

The test of it:

You say that you feel that you may be incapable of knowing love...does that bother you? upset you? make you sad and regretful? because if it does, BINGO, we have just identified an emotion and if it does not bother you, why bother mentioning it? Why worry about it? This is the "acid test" when it comes to integrating emotions.. "why do I want to feel the emotion that I believe (or experience) that I cannot feel? C'mon dear Subconscious Mind...let's listen to Binaural Beats at 417Hz and play around with it..."

YES
Old 14-11-2019, 04:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Sounds like you really have learned how to silence the mind.

Congratulations.

Many seek that state but very few are ever able to obtain that state.

Nothing like peace and quiet.

Downside is you might go into that state at inappropriate times such as when driving a vehicle. In such cases, playing loud music may help in helping you to not get into that state.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 14-11-2019, 11:07 AM
Master

Thank you all, I am much better today!

I think I was afraid that I am going to lose myself but maybe I am going to truly win myself. No, I am not talking about the "I" which I identify with, but the one that sits in silence, the ones that makes no judgements and has no expectations.
Old 14-11-2019, 06:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Sounds like you really have learned how to silence the mind.

Congratulations.

Many seek that state but very few are ever able to obtain that state.

Nothing like peace and quiet.

Downside is you might go into that state at inappropriate times such as when driving a vehicle. In such cases, playing loud music may help in helping you to not get into that state.

I'm not sure about the final comment. This seems to equate the silent mind with a lack of awareness and an inability to respond to external factors. On the contrary, when the mind is silent we are fully present in the moment. The silent mind is true mindfulness. Driving a vehicle with a noisy mind is more dangerous because we are less likely to be paying attention.

Peace
Old 14-11-2019, 09:36 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Thank you all, I am much better today!

Cool!

Quote:
I think I was afraid that I am going to lose myself but maybe I am going to truly win myself. No, I am not talking about the "I" which I identify with, but the one that sits in silence, the ones that makes no judgements and has no expectations.

Have you tried or thought about working on switching the "I" you identify with?
Old 15-11-2019, 11:28 AM
Master
Emotions come and go, diversity of emotions are rife, one minute feeling calm, the next stressed, one minute happy, the next sad .. life is a roller coaster as the saying goes . I would say meditation does lift one up from certain emotions, I know that to be true, but the practice of detachment of emotion is a strange thing because many I would say want happiness and Love to be with them at all times and that is an attachment of sorts ..

To not want to be attached to fear and pain and sufferings and want to remain in all things fluffy and nice has something not quite right about it .

However I do understand that some might not want to be too heavily influenced by emotion cos at times it can cloud our judgement and seeing things clearly is not all ways the case when one is in grief and such likes .

Going back to the impermanence of the same emotion it makes me wonder why anyone would spend time trying to detach from emotion when there clearly is an attachment there to want to detach lol ..

I think there is also the case where one is swayed by their emotions in a way where they are blinded by love, but this is part of the parcel of learning lessons in life, so peeps that follow their heart blindly are doing so because they are genuinely feeling in a particular way and I see that as quite natural ..

Some peeps like myself that was saturated in grief for quite a while was working hard to release it, but some things take time and this is also a natural process .. So not holding onto it is a detachment of a kind, but it doesn't really make any difference to what you call it because as said, everything takes as long as it takes and emotions come and go anyway ..

x dazzler x
Old 15-11-2019, 12:30 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
To not want to be attached to fear and pain and sufferings and want to remain in all things fluffy and nice has something not quite right about it .

However I do understand that some might not want to be too heavily influenced by emotion cos at times it can cloud our judgement and seeing things clearly is not all ways the case when one is in grief and such likes.

In my way of thinking the body-mind will do what the body-mind will do. The choice we have is how we relate to the varied and different states. Jon Kabat-Zinn phrases it as "being in wise relation to experience".

By the way, I just noticed your sig is from Eclipse.