Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evianna
Growing up in a Christian family and getting Jesus Christ drilled in your head daily while non of it made sense is really difficult, and that's not the hard part. The hard part is being brought up and beaten to death with "The only way to heaven is exceptance and belief that Jesus Christ is the son of God and if you don't you will go to hell just instilled fear in me that if I go astray I will be making the wrong choice and be punished for my sins~Now that's just the worst. I feel more spiritual than religious but I always here that fearful damn voice in the back of my head that I must believe. But I just can't believe the whole Jesus thing 100%. ughhhh fml

Hi Evianna . . . I’ve had experience breaking away from traditional Christianity and it’s beliefs and it takes courage but it is possible and it is a very healthy step to take in terms of your personal growth and the growth of the spirit within you.

You will never mature as a person if you allow fear to stop you from breaking away from that straitjacket upbringing that was imposed on you.

I wish you well and truly hope you can summon the courage to break away. I promise you, once you achieve freedom from your past conditioning, it will be very rewarding for you and you will feel worlds better.
Old 13-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Growing up in a Christian family and getting Jesus Christ drilled in your head daily while non of it made sense is really difficult, and that's not the hard part. The hard part is being brought up and beaten to death with "The only way to heaven is exceptance and belief that Jesus Christ is the son of God and if you don't you will go to hell just instilled fear in me that if I go astray I will be making the wrong choice and be punished for my sins~Now that's just the worst. I feel more spiritual than religious but I always here that fearful damn voice in the back of my head that I must believe. But I just can't believe the whole Jesus thing 100%. ughhhh fml

Hi Evianna . . . I’ve had experience breaking away from traditional Christianity and it’s beliefs and it takes courage but it is possible and it is a very healthy step to take in terms of your personal growth and the growth of the spirit within you.

You will never mature as a person if you allow fear to stop you from breaking away from that straitjacket upbringing that was imposed on you.

I wish you well and truly hope you can summon the courage to break away. I promise you, once you achieve freedom from your past conditioning, it will be very rewarding for you and you will feel worlds better.
Old 14-11-2019, 12:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' Jesus kicked satan and his wicked followers out of Heaven.'

How did he manage that when the Kingdom of Heaven is within and satan and his friends only exist in your imaginative thoughts ?
I guess you never read about Satan and his buddies getting kicked out of Heaven? You will find that in the book of Revelation.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-11-2019, 04:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I guess you never read about Satan and his buddies getting kicked out of Heaven? You will find that in the book of Revelation.

Just because I have read about satan and his friends doesn't mean I believe, I've read about Fairies also
Old 18-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Master
Quote:
' The hard part is being brought up and beaten to death with "The only way to heaven is.......'

Unfortunately you find a lot of Parents have this attitude, usually you will find that they have been treated themselves in exactly the same way and the cycle goes on.
Believe what you want to believe not what others want you to believe, that's the best way.....

' Father forgive them for they don't know what they do ' comes to mind.
If a white male beats his wife, are all white males wife beaters?

Just because you were "brought up and beaten to death with "The only way to heaven is......."" does NOT imply ALL Christians beat people to death with the only way to heaven is....... You must realize by now by reading post on this forum that is not true.

I am sorry you had such a terrible childhood. I think you will agree that holding such feelings towards Christians is not healthy.

Please rethink about your emotions on this subject.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Last edited by BigJohn : 18-11-2019 at 03:51 PM.
Old 18-11-2019, 01:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If a white make beats his wife, are all white males wife beaters?

Just because you were "brought up and beaten to death with "The only way to heaven is......."" does NOT imply ALL Christians beat people to death with the only way to heaven is....... You must realize by now by reading post on this forum that is not true.

I am sorry you had such a terrible childhood. I think you will agree that holding such feelings towards Christians is not healthy.

Please rethink about your emotions on this subject.

You seem to read a lot of my Posting wrongly, it was Evianna who was beaten, please read her Posts previous to participating in the conversation, it makes sense does it not...
Old 19-11-2019, 01:19 AM
Master
Quote:

What study has brought out for me is that Jesus didn't just atone for individual sins, but for fallen human nature.
No One, we are told, can keep the Law perfectly.
The Almighty established the atoning practices, right after the law came through Moses.

John states in his gospel that when Jesus approached to be baptised, John exclaimed "Behold, the lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the whole world!"

This understanding is meant to result in joy, and the feeling of liberation! God loves you.
We can understand and believe also that if we repent of and confess to him our individual sins, that He
"Is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Jesus atoned for fallen human nature, not merely individual sins.
For everyone who hears and believes.

When the scripture says that we have "fallen short of God's glory", it means we were once united with God in His glory. The timeless and eternity is the greater reality and truth.
Jesus came to restore us back to God by His perfection, Who atoned for our fallen humanity.

You might look at Revelation 12:4, for a depiction of fallen humanity.
As well as Daniel 12:3, in the old testament, with respect to true origins, apart from birth in this world.

Salvation is primary. Born of the love of God.

"Saved" means rescued, as by Another.

"Grace" means, UNMERITED FAVOR.

This comes with study.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 01-12-2019, 10:36 PM
Seeker

I went through a very similar stage in rejecting traditional faith. For the exact same reasons. But eventually I saw how the fruits of that faith had such profound positive effects on the believers. I knew that it had validity. I never had peace while I was outside of the faith.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Ascender
Quote:
' Jesus kicked satan and his wicked followers out of Heaven.'

when Jesus said the kingdom was within, he didn't mean it's in ones heart, As in the kingdom just being a feeling or a part of someone. it's "in our Hearts”, in the sense of knowing that the Kingdom of God is very real. and we're awaiting it. yet here, Jesus was referring to something else.

Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees ,supposedly men of God, but actual enemies of himself. At (Luke 17:20,21), Jesus was telling them, that they wouldn't know about the coming kingdom just by watching. Concerning the Kingdom Jesus was referring to, It wasn't in those men hearts.

Jesus even told them that they won't see the kingdom ,(Matt. 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men. for you neither go in yourselves, neither suffer you them that are entering to go in). Referring to an actual Kingdom, NOT something in “ones Heart.”

funny, you quote what Jesus said, yet ignore his MANY other saying. Jesus has spoke of an actual KINGDOM ,(Matt. 6:10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven). part of the Prayer he taught his followers to pray for. an ACTUAL KINGDOM, on Earth.

Jesus also said this concerning an Actual KINGDOM ,(Matt. 19:23,24 And Jesus said to His disciples, "Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. "Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God"). In bibles like , NIV ,CEB ,CVC ,and MANY others says “in the MIST of”... or “around you”. Which is an more accurate term.

so Jesus meant HE, being appointed king by his Father of this future kingdom ,(Dan.2:44 and Luke 22:29,30). he was right there in front of them speaking on this. As well as performing miracles, showing what the kingdom will fulfill.

so as you asked, "did he manage that when the Kingdom of Heaven is within and satan and his friends only exist in your imaginative thoughts?" he did it because satan is a VERY REAL BEING. as well as the KINGDOM OF GOD, in this case HEAVEN! sadly satan has blinded MANY people into believing that it's only in ones "imagination." live to the End, you'll see! peace
Old 02-12-2019, 02:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
when Jesus said the kingdom was within, he didn't mean it's in ones heart, As in the kingdom just being a feeling or a part of someone. it's "in our Hearts”, in the sense of knowing that the Kingdom of God is very real. and we're awaiting it. yet here, Jesus was referring to something else.

Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees ,supposedly men of God, but actual enemies of himself. At (Luke 17:20,21), Jesus was telling them, that they wouldn't know about the coming kingdom just by watching. Concerning the Kingdom Jesus was referring to, It wasn't in those men hearts.

Jesus even told them that they won't see the kingdom ,(Matt. 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men. for you neither go in yourselves, neither suffer you them that are entering to go in). Referring to an actual Kingdom, NOT something in “ones Heart.”

funny, you quote what Jesus said, yet ignore his MANY other saying. Jesus has spoke of an actual KINGDOM ,(Matt. 6:10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven). part of the Prayer he taught his followers to pray for. an ACTUAL KINGDOM, on Earth.

Jesus also said this concerning an Actual KINGDOM ,(Matt. 19:23,24 And Jesus said to His disciples, "Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. "Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God"). In bibles like , NIV ,CEB ,CVC ,and MANY others says “in the MIST of”... or “around you”. Which is an more accurate term.

so Jesus meant HE, being appointed king by his Father of this future kingdom ,(Dan.2:44 and Luke 22:29,30). he was right there in front of them speaking on this. As well as performing miracles, showing what the kingdom will fulfill.

so as you asked, "did he manage that when the Kingdom of Heaven is within and satan and his friends only exist in your imaginative thoughts?" he did it because satan is a VERY REAL BEING. as well as the KINGDOM OF GOD, in this case HEAVEN! sadly satan has blinded MANY people into believing that it's only in ones "imagination." live to the End, you'll see! peace

Satan might be real to you but not to me. My Kingdom of Heaven is a state of mind....

The Kingdom of Heaven is within and without... as is consciousness ....