Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-10-2019, 01:57 PM
Knower
Should we Not Seek a Teacher?

We seek within.

It seems every teacher I have sought has either stopped working with me after working with me a few months, or stopped before we started.

Is this the Universe saying that we don't need teachers?

Should I just seek inside, like doing shamanic journeying and such?

Thanks.
Old 30-10-2019, 02:03 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Probably depends on the path being followed? That is maybe some paths are more intuitive than others, or the knowledge and techniques for some paths are more readily available such as in books, web sites and YouTube.
Old 30-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Master
Hi,

It is true that the best answers/guidance is always within you.

The issue is often what I call Intellectual Rejection. If a person's core intent is to be a skeptical about some thing then this is the result they will Always create.

There are no spiritual teachers who would want to violate the free choice of any individual and assist them with some thing that does not match the energy of their core intent.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 30-10-2019, 03:13 PM
Master

Maybe they are being kind and don't want to discourage you.

The best thing is to do is practice the inner work based on sincere devotion and dedication without expectation, and let the right teacher find you.

That is how it really happens even if that is counterintuitive.

~ J
Old 30-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Master

“We seek within”
Divine connection
Reborn each moment we begin
Flowing stillness meditation

What avail is seeking
Since seeking is thought imaginal
Why not celebrate slow blossoming
The happening automatic & magical

Old 30-10-2019, 07:33 PM
Experiencer
Probably you haven't realised that everything have not been jet developed.
So you can't walk around teachers and ask them to learn you, they can learn what they have, not what you want. Maybe you will learn one thing through many situations and people, not like something in school when you are directly guided. Life is teacher, be open, have good memory, don't get caught, make many mental connections and in the end, some will fit and make sense.

Do you know what means shamanic, or you know, because you read definition in book?
Old 30-10-2019, 08:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoGeminiWolf
We seek within.

It seems every teacher I have sought has either stopped working with me after working with me a few months, or stopped before we started.

Thanks.

As far as I know, we get inner guidance all the time; we're just oblivious to it. To tune into it we need to get in the right state of (altered) consciousness, and leave aside all our beliefs and rationalizations. That's what I do, and did it for awhile.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 30-10-2019, 08:23 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm my own teacher... No one can teach me something different than what I experienced first-hand. Same thing applies to you and everyone else.
Old 30-10-2019, 09:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoGeminiWolf
We seek within.

Thanks.

It is different for different people; there are as many paths as there are beliefs. There are Christians that will have a minister or priest all their life. They consider religious clergy to be their teacher. It is the same with many Jews, Muslims, and Buddhists. A Hindu might stick with a Mahatma all their life.

But when we talk about doing inner work the idea of a teacher changes, and many feel that the only teacher they truly need is within them. I followed a Guru for more than 10-years and he stuck by me. That was back in the 1970’s when there were lots of guru’s, etc. readily available free of charge just about everywhere. Times have changed.

But when he passed I decided not to seek out another teacher. There are pros and cons to having and external teacher, after all regardless of their knowledge and possible high state of consciousness, they are still fallible human beings like everyone else. My guru helped me build a stronger bond with my inner teacher, and the inner teacher is infallible.

But there are people who put their external teacher on a pedestal above all other human beings. In my opinion a person can do it either way, with or without and external teacher. The thing is finding and external teacher that meets your expectations. But you really do not need a teacher. External teachers can be very demanding, mine was. It was similar to military boot camp, and he demanded discipline from me.

Having and external teacher is not for everyone. They mess with your head and emotions trying to get you to open to something deeper. The fact is, with awareness, every experience we have in life and every person we know or meet, can be as a teacher to us. I have had people ask me to be their spiritual teacher but I decline.

I do not want that responsibility. I have been put on a pedestal many times before, it can be and ego trip, and the first mistake you make they will take you off of the pedestal and hit you over the head with it. I was a college teacher and lots of female students tried to seduce me, among other things. It may sound nice but it is actually quite a drama.
Old 30-10-2019, 11:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
The fact is, with awareness, every experience we have in life and every person we know or meet, can be as a teacher to us.

Hi,

Only the wise will understand such a thing.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/