Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-12-2019, 08:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
davidsun,

This bears reconsideration IMO. I would have to agree with sky123 on this. What comes to mind is the spontaneity of tears of love.....it is neither volitional or deliberate. They(the tears) come from the touching of one's very spirit. If loving and creativity is simply reduced to a mental choosing it falls into the category of 'works'. It seemingly negates the phenomenon of grace. This represents a trap that promotes the ego and minimizes God to a lesser role.
I agree with this, too. As in the case recounted in the hymn, Amazing Grace, a 'conversion' for example may be a 'spontaneous' happening/experience, albeit one might say that peeps had to reach the point where they became open to certain realizations first - so such events IMO are not 'accidental' happenings any more than any aspect of Life is. And then there's the issue of the 'follow up' (or lack thereof) continuation and soul-growth elaboration based on 'the event', where I think choice and deliberate dedication-devotion in face of 'obstacles' is definitely required and necessarily involved. This doesn't just 'happen'. Jesus's parable pertaining to 'fertile' spirit-ground' vs spirit-growth being 'choked' off by 'worldy' pursuits comes to mind in this regard:

"Behold, a sower went forth to sow; And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up: Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear."

The 'just being' and 'just happening' kinds of beliefs and philosophies appeal to 'easy rider' (and in some cases, 'free loader'), happy to just remain as they are kinds of folks, methinks. Zen masters don't just 'happen' to be/become Zen masters, IOW.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
The 'just being' and 'just happening' kinds of beliefs and philosophies appeal to 'easy rider' (and in some cases, 'free loader'), happy to just remain as they are kinds of folks, methinks. Zen masters don't just 'happen' to be/become Zen masters, IOW.

davidsun,

Thanks for responding. Yes, there are these that you reference. And there are others, however, most famously and demonstrably such as the Apostle Paul to whom something just happened and experienced a 180 degree turnaround in his beliefs and actions. Doubly hard for one such as that who had very strongly held beliefs that he had vigorously advocated and defended. Also, perhaps our present day accountings of people who have experienced NDE's which have completely changed them as well.....
Old 06-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Newbie ;)

to know the truth

Hey there, That's a great question, Please hear this talk to know the truth
I found a video on YouTube that explains a few simple ways to cure for to know the truth
I've tried many diffrent ways to cure this. Here's a link to a video that gives some great tips : bit.ly/367Wg5V
Click on that link above and once you land on the page, click where it says "I'm not a robot"
and then you will be redirect to the YouTube video that shows how to cure Natural remedies for know the truth
Old 06-12-2019, 09:48 AM
Newbie ;)

I found a video on YouTube that explains a few simple ways to cure for Natural remedies for to know the truth
I've tried many diffrent ways to cure this. Here's a link to a video that gives some great tips : bit.ly/367Wg5V
Click on that link above and once you land on the page, click where it says "I'm not a robot"
and then you will be redirect to the YouTube video that shows how to cure Natural remedies for know the truth
Old 06-12-2019, 09:50 AM
Newbie ;)

I found a video on YouTube that explains a few simple ways to cure for Natural remedies for to know the truth
I've tried many diffrent ways to cure this. Here's a link to a video that gives some great tips : bit.ly/2qsjZyL
Old 06-12-2019, 09:50 AM
Newbie ;)

to know the truth

I've tried many diffrent ways to cure this. Here's a link to a video that gives some great tips : bit.ly/2qsjZyL